30. Are You Afraid Of Taking A Look At My Body?
561 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Listening to Zach's words, a smile spread across Amelia's lips.

She was impressed by his response, but she had expected it as well. She knew Zach wouldn't admit that he was actually an introverted pervert who had a huge crush on her.

"Alright, let's discuss something else for now. Apart from the painting you sent to me, the other paintings in your uploaded videos were paintings of the archduke's daughter, the elf and mermaid princesses of the Western continent, and the Dragon queen of the northern continent. Why?" Amelia asked, standing up from her bed completely unbothered by the fact that she was wearing nothing but a bra and pantie.

She walked straight to the small round table and sat down while urging Zach to take a seat as well before their coffee became cold.

"Who was your target audience?" She added.

"The nobles," Zach replied, taking a seat.

"Interesting," The left side of Amelia's lips tilted up in a smile. 

She was dazzled by his choice of words.

In fact, it looked like Zach knew exactly what he was doing.

Most of the art Amelia created was mainly purchased by the nobles, so it made sense that Zach's goal while submitting his application form would be to impress the nobles rather than the top three artists.

The top three artists were always looking for art that would instantly amaze the nobles once they laid their eyes on it. However, most applicants didn't know this and were usually focused on impressing the top three artists and the art guild alone.

This made Amelia ask Zach another question 

"Do you know why nobles buy art?"

Zach calmly looked into Amelia's eyes and answered her question.

"There are various reasons why nobles buy art. Some see it as an investment opportunity, as the value of certain artworks increases over time. They purchase art with the expectation of financial returns in the future."

Amelia nodded with a smile and urged him to continue. "Go on." 

She liked his response and wondered if he had more to say.

Zach explained further. "Some nobles use artworks to improve their social status and prestige within their social circle. These artworks also help to serve as a symbol of wealth, taste and sophistication while other nobles have a genuine passion for art and derive personal enjoyment from building and curating their art collections."

Listening to Zach's words, Amelia was genuinely impressed and she understood the meaning behind his answers.

Among the seventeen different paintings Zach drew, each of them was capable of helping the guild or the top three artists to earn a profit that was ten times the price they would buy it off from Zach.

Even among the nobles, it wouldn't be surprising to see an intense bidding war occurring between them when these paintings were put on auction.

It was during times like these that old and new nobles enhanced their social status by purchasing the most coveted paintings at ridiculously expensive prices.

This, and several other reasons was why Amelia would love to buy all seventeen of Zach's paintings, not wanting anyone else to have a single painting of his.

Amelia's lips widened into a grin as she opened her mouth to speak. "It seems I had a wrong impression of you when I first saw your painting of me."

Intrigued by her words, he asked, interested to know how Amelia viewed him even before she decided to accept his application form. "And what were your thoughts about me?"

He stretched his arm to grab his cup of coffee while he waited for Amelia's response.

"Initially, I thought you were an introverted pervert who had a huge crush on me."

Hearing this, Zach fell into coughing fits as he choked on the coffee he was drinking.

"What? Me? A pervert?"

"Yep, but I'm impressed. You are unlike any other pervert I've known over the years."

"I guess I should take that as a compliment?"

"Yes, you should. You're a slightly better pervert than I thought you were."

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a pervert. Besides, why would I be when I have someone I like already?"

"Oh, is that so?"

"Yep."

"Is she the reason you are afraid of looking at my body?" 

Zach almost choked on his coffee again when he heard Amelia's words. 

"Excuse me?"

"Are you afraid of taking a look at my body?" She asked directly.

"No."

"Then why have your eyes been focused on mine ever since we started our conversation?"

"Well, I guess it's because I was trying to be respectful of the fact that we were having a serious conversation."

"In other words, the body of an old lady isn't enough to excite a young man like you who has been completely tamed like a pup by his young and beautiful girlfriend. Is this correct?"

"Well, she is pretty so you might be right,"

"Ouch, now I feel hurt by your words," Amelia jested.

Although Amelia referred to herself as an old lady because she was a retired hero, this certainly wasn't the case if anyone laid eyes on her.

Her beautiful and youthful body was the complete opposite of her description.

"Well, you'll be surprised by how this tamed pup can suddenly become a ferocious wolf the moment the last piece of fabric is removed from your body."

"So, it means my body excites you a bit then?" 

"Maybe," Zach shrugged indifferently, not wanting to reveal how he felt about her.

Amelia had shoulder-length brown hair with sapphire blue eyes, and she was currently in her late twenties.

The reason she suddenly retired at such a young age was known only to her.

However, with his knowledge of the novel, Zach also knew the reason behind her sudden desire to quit being a hero and focus on being an artist.

The reason she quit being a hero also played a huge role in why she became a villain in the future.

____

A/N:- Currently participating in this month's WPC contest. Your support will be hugely appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

29