36. Aunt Sue.
522 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where were you? We've been looking everywhere for you but big sister Jade said you went out to see someone."

"Yeah, I did. I sold some of my new paintings as well and a few people will be coming over to take them away."

"Wow, that means Big Brother must be rich."

"Maybe," Zach replied with a shrug before changing the topic. "Where are your big sisters? And is Aunt Sue back?"

"Yes, Aunt Sue is currently in her room having a conversation with big sister Aurora while big sister Jade went out as usual."

"Splendid. That means we have a few minutes to play before Aunt Sue and Aurora are done talking," he rubbed his nose against Luna's nose again.

Luna giggled and her eyes widened in surprise right after Zach's words finally sunk in.

"W-what really?!" She exclaimed, surprised to hear that Zach was willing to give her a piggyback ride now.

With a smile on his face, Zach nodded to clear any doubts that Luna might have about what she heard.

The two played for about half an hour before Zach told Luna that he had to grab something to eat.

Luna thanked Zach for playing with her before heading back to her room to play with her dolls.

Meanwhile, Zach arrived at the kitchen and found out that Jade had already made some sandwiches for him to eat before she left.

He smiled before taking a seat and eating his breakfast.

Once done, Zach walked straight to his bedroom.

Since Amelia said some people were on their way to grab his paintings, Zach decided to arrange the paintings before they were taken away.

He grabbed a bubble wrap from one of the rooms in the mansion before placing the portrait face down on the flat side of the bubble wrap.

Then he folded the wrap over the front and the sides before rolling the portrait up.

He did this to cushion the artworks and prevent them from being damaged while in transit.

Although they would be placed in a crate in the truck, he still had to play his own part in protecting his masterpiece.

Once done, Zach decided to take a bath due to all the sweat he had accumulated while playing with Luna.

A few minutes later, he stepped out of the bathroom before putting on a sleeveless white shirt with a pair of black trousers underneath.

Right after he was done, Zach heard a knock on his bedroom door.

"Come in," He said and Luna slowly poked her head in first before walking into his room.

"Aunt Sue would like to see you now," she said before taking a seat on the plush cushion at the alcove of Zach's bedroom with her dolls in her hand.

"Okay, thanks Luna," Zach thanked Luna before walking out of his bedroom. Upon getting to his Aunt's bedroom, Zach knocked twice and waited.

"Come in," a feminine voice said from inside the bedroom.

Recognizing his Aunt's voice, Zach opened the door and found Aurora walking towards him.

Her gaze was on the floor but the moment she raised her head to look at Zach's face, her cheeks reddened instantly as she noticed his handsome face, lustrous black hair, biceps and toned abs underneath his shirt.

"G-good morning," Aurora tried to force the words out of her lips before excusing herself from Sue's bedroom, not waiting to hear if Zach had anything to say to her.

At the far corner of the room was Zach's Aunt, who had been watching what had just transpired.

Her lips widened into a smile when she noticed how Aurora acted before Zach.

It was a stark contrast to how she had been acting while she had been alone with Sue, explaining the great things she noticed about Zach recently.

Sue giggled a bit, wondering how Zach would feel if he had seen Aurora a few minutes before now.

Meanwhile, Zach closed the door, seeing as how Aurora ran out of the room. His lips broadened into a smile while he reminded himself to talk with her later today or most definitely tomorrow.

He turned around to see his Aunt standing at the far corner of her bedroom with a large window behind her back.

"Good morning Aunt Sue. How are you feeling?" He asked while waiting to hear her response but she didn't say a word.

Instead, her smile only broadened and a sense of relief washed over her as she was grateful to see that what Luna, Aurora and Jade had informed her about Zach's sudden change was correct.

He was not only talking to everyone in the mansion now but he also seemed a lot more polite as well.

In fact, Sue could sense an aura of nobility in the way he walked and talked to her as well.

Pleased by what she was seeing, Sue decided to give a response to his question.

"I'm fine Zach. Thanks for asking."

However, Zach wasn't pleased with her response, so he walked towards her to have a better look at her face.

Sue might smile and say everything was fine, but Zach knew above anyone else that this was just her way of not letting anyone else know how tired she was on the inside.

And the closer he got to her, the more he could see how Sue really felt.

Sue possessed a striking appearance with long flowing scarlet hair, cascading down her shoulders and framing her face with a natural elegance.

Her piercing blue eyes exuded a sense of both wisdom and weariness which reflected the depth of her experience.

Despite her youthful countenance, a telltale sign of restlessness lingered within her gaze which served as proof of the countless hours she had dedicated to her role as a healer and caretaker of the injured adventurers and commoners.

Also, she had been awake throughout last night which was supposed to have been her time to rest and focus on the ways she could help Zach decipher a bit if not half of the runic tattoos on his body.

Still, Sue always tried to maintain a demeanour which exuded compassion and showed her unwavering commitment to the well-being of others rather than herself. 

33