END – Chapter 25 – An uncertain destiny
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wandered through the stores in search of an accessory I saw previously: a silver ring with carvings of penguins; I couldn't sit still, I wanted to thank her for everything she did for me.

When I bought it, I kept it in my pocket, packaged in a little box. Leaving the store, a man with earrings that I met a long time ago greeted me:

“Hey! The new one, right? How you doing?”

“Hi. Yes. I think I'm fine. And you?”

“The truth is, I'm having problems, I need to move some boxes and I don't know if I'll have time. You help me?”

When in doubt about how long it could take, I thought about it:

“I don't know… If it doesn't take too long…”

“Yes, calm down! It will be quick, I promise.”

I followed him to an alley with several streets without traffic in which there was increasingly less light.

“Is it much further away?”

“No, don't worry, it's right here.” The stone on his neck glowed, an incandescent spear emerging.

Without warning, he attacked me and decapitated me with one clean cut. Such was the heat it gave off that the place of the cut became cauterized.

From a roof, a golden crow flew in the opposite direction, soon collapsing due to an inaudible sound.

“Still alive. Don't let your guard down,” commented a boy with white skin and short bluish hair.

His eyes were closed and he was carrying a rusty sword that he tapped on him.

He was wearing a white sweater, pants, and sneakers; It was an extravagant set.

“I know.”

Peroth came running tired and protected her raven in her arms.

“Heretic…” the boy snapped.

Feruzu was also upset by her actions.

“He's innocent, he won't hurt anyone! Ergo, leave him alone!”

“The damage has already been done, stay away from him. You must be aware that you cannot protect it.”

The blue crow swooped down, making him retreat, then cawed, moving its wings, generating a great wind and, with the feathers it released, attacked the man.

“Your pets are useful, that's all.” He danced his spear neutralizing the attack and stabbed the crow with a thrust. With his last strength he attacked in vain; with a spear movement he dropped him to the ground and knocked him out. “See?, he's done. Last warning: stay away from him or you will die together.” He pointed his spear at them; closing her eyes, she hugged his precious raven tighter. “Who are you? Back off!”

Opening her eyes, she saw Mugon ahead, shaking her head with her arms outstretched.

“I warned you…” she continued.

“Mugon? It's dangerous, run!” Peroth pleaded.

Without mercy, he cut her in half, leaving her in shock. With her lower body on the ground, she dropped the bottle she had from her pockets from her pockets.

“Whoever is on their side will disappear for the common good!”

“You're crazy! You are a murderer! Are you aware of your actions!?” She cried without believing it.

No matter what I told him, he raised the spear to pierce both of them:

“Is that what someone protecting a mass murderer says?” Brouching to the ground, a sound made him grab his head.

“Escape! I will protect you!”

“Mega! Damn traitor!”

Taking advantage of the opportunity it gave her, Peroth fled with the raven in her arms.

The boy, who was at a distance, slammed his sword into the ground.

“I won't allow it, Slau.” With her halo, she took out a green megaphone with which she disabled the attack.

“We're in trouble, huh…” Slau thought out loud.

Without giving up, Feruzu, from the ground, launched his weapon at Peroth. As was about to reach her, it instantly fell and hit the ground. She was dragged a few meters by the impact and watched what happened.

“One after the other…” he murmured. “Who are you, don't get involved, frauds!!” He shouted furiously.

A voice echoed in the heads of those present:

“…I hate pain… You've crossed the line, you know?” Imposing and with open eyes, the violet-haired girl walked closer.

“You are…! You have saved us, thank you,” Mega thanked. Keep running, Peroth!

She ended up escaping safely thanks to both of them.

Peroth emerged from the TIS, in a wooded place with a stone ruined house.

The golden crow spread its wings and took out me soul; I regained me appearance.

“What happened to Mugon!? She can't die by the rules! No!?”

Pained by what had happened, she answered him truthfully:

“Her weapon destroys the soul… This is the only thing I recovered from her… I'm sorry…” She showed the bottle Mugon received from Ramia.

“Tell me it's a lie…”

In silence, she bowed his head helplessly as she used her cell phone to contact her colleagues, but no one answered her; in vain, she put it on her forehead with both hands.

Something inside me hatched like an egg:

“I remembered… It's my fault…” With intertwined feelings, I was scared and shocked. “If I had disappeared… I wished it would never end… I wanted to make her happy…” I cried frustrated by the result.

The young woman hugged me and comforted me:

“It's my fault. If I had acted better…”

I separated her from me, stood up and wiped my tears with my sleeve, ready for what I was about to commit.

“I will be back. I want you to judge my life then,” I proposed, being clear about what awaited me.

“Do not go! Ergo I will not let their actions be in vain!”

Seeing that she wouldn't let me, I took the bottle.

“Let's drink together…” I had to make sure she hated me.

She was stunned, she wasn't sure what it was, but she accepted as long as I stayed.

With such an act, I gave her a compelling reason to kill me. I got dressed and repeated it to her, prepared for my omen.

“Stay here. I'll protect you. Then judge my actions.” I put on my hood and left.

“It's shameless of you… Irrational and unfair…”

It didn't take me long to find Feruzu exhausted, sitting on the wall, holding his spear against the ground; his ears were bleeding.

“Koly…” said A standing next to Mega.

Mega was knocked out, she seemed to have received a blow to her forehead due to the blood that was visible.

“I'm not Koly,” I answered.

Slau's dismembered body was on the floor; next to him, with his back turned, a blood-stained animal girl clutching a toy axe. She turned her head with a psychopathic smile.

One of Slau's hands on the floor still held his sword.

There was also Mugon's corpse, which I avoided looking at.

“Hehe… You save me having to look for you, come closer,” Feruzu ordered, sounding exhausted as if he had had a big fight.

Without stopping, I continued approaching, but not because of his words. I shook his hand to help him up. Without mercy, he aimed a spear slash at my arm.

“It's already late, huh…” Seeing that it didn't even pierce my skin, he tiredly dropped the weapon and slowly closed his eyes.

What it did was burn my sleeves and remove my hood from the air it generated.

“Don't fall asleep,” I ordered him, I healed him enough so that he didn't lose consciousness.

I grabbed his hand and shamelessly dislocated his fingers one by one, then cut them off.

A, without saying a word, left; the animal girl watched the torture smiling.

Next, I did the same with his elbow and arm, which I then tore off in parts.

He laughed after some cries of pain.

“Hahaha. See? I was right! What did I tell you, Filia!? It's too late for everyone! I told you so!”

“How noisy you are…”

He smiled with fear in his eyes, as if it were the end.

Like his arm, I sliced ​​his legs until he was exhausted, ending at his neck.

With nothing else to feel relieved about, I left.

After a while, Mega and Filia were reunited at her throne.

“How is Peroth?” Filia asked, sitting where she always did.

“It is still affected, raising new birds…”

“I would try to meet with her…, if I could get out of here…”

“We know…” After a silence from both of us, she continued: “Do you think… we could have handled it better? He cured me…”

“I'm sorry. If she had kept him promise, wouldn't have ended up so badly…

“I'm back.” I knelt. “Judge me.” I closed my eyes and lowered my head.

“I can't…” Tearful, she fell to her knees.

I calmed her down by stroking her head.

“You can do it. You must do it. Please.”

When she calmed down, she stood up and monologued with an increasingly broken voice:

“I am Peroth, the goddess of sin, my blue raven will stop evil.” she raised her right arm, but she was not present. “My golden crow will save the souls…” This one clung to her already raised arm. “And I…, I will judge your existence…” she declared with her left hand, placing her palm on her chest.

…At this point… is it right to fear death?

I searched my pocket and left a small box on the floor; sad, I closed my eyes exhausted:

“Thank you.”

0