Chapter 16 – Wound soothed
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I regained consciousness with Big Demon, unconscious, on top of me.

I heard the sound of a camera snapping and someone panting nearby.

“Why are they doing something so immoral here!?” a girl with a soft voice asked nervously.

As if I had been cut in half, I screamed in pain, with my hands I searched for my torso. I tried to calm myself by enduring the torture and separated Big Demon. I barely felt the lower part of my body, until I recovered it.

…Why do I have to go through this all the time!?

“Hey! What's wrong with him!?” another girl asked curiously.

“I don't know, I didn't see anything happen to him!” She responded worried and scared; she looked around looking for the culprit.

I looked at my surroundings, it was night in an open field with a peculiar flora.

There were street lamps made of roots: at the top, horizontally in the shape of a star, they occupied glass spheres that emitted greenish sparks that illuminated.

Huge arched roots protruded from the earth decorating the path.

Standing alone on the road was the nineteen-year-old girl, to say the least; Her sky-high hair reached her jaw and peaked cloud-colored; her eyebrows were grayish; Her eyes were orange and her pupil was hazy, bluish.

She was dressed in breathable gym clothes, a black outfit that revealed her white skin.

Sweaty, she held her cyan cell phone with both hands like a degenerate.

I looked at her suspiciously and she hid the cell phone behind her back, showing her right hand as a sign of innocence:

“I'm not suspicious!” She excused herself nervously.

Questioning his words, Big Demon woke up.

“Ugh. What happened? I feel like I've dreamed something absurd…” she took out a black cell phone with red accents and looked at it. “It's too late! Ah, buddy! Were you here too? I have already finished my day; I'm leaving, I get up early tomorrow!”

“Wait-!” On all fours I raised my hand towards him, but before I could speak, he left, being devoured by his shadow without paying attention to me. “Anyway, I have nowhere to go back to…”

I was on a lawn of flowers with petals of liquid water, I looked at the ground without knowing what to do.

“Hey, young man! Don't you have anywhere to return to?” asked the other, more mature one; I looked up from her to look for her, but there was no one there other than the stalker-looking girl.

“Who speaks to me? I think at this point it would be normal for I to be crazy…” I laughed as if I had lost me mind.

“Explain it to him before he loses his mind…”

The girl, exhausted, pointed to the ground and with her other hand leaned on her knee to catch her breath.

“Eh… Hem… My shadow has life.”

I looked at her in silence, she backed away nervously from my withering gaze. I got up, walked over and tapped her on the shoulder:

“Don't say anything else… I forgot that others can also lose their minds; don't worry, I won't tell anyone.”

“Eh?”

“Hey hey! I am not the product of your mental disorder!” the shadow clarified, accompanied by a kind of insult.

“Let's think that you are not a figment of my imagination and I will answer your question. No, I have nowhere to go back! Happy?” I turned my back on her and lay down on the floor with nothing better to do.

“Hey! What way of speaking is that!? Didn't your parents teach you lady manners!?”

“Lady? Don't bother… Because you are a woman you will believe you are superior to others, you are all equal, when push comes to shove it is just talk,” I responded with contempt, remembering my past and what Nugu did.

I despised anyone who did not love from the heart.

“I was going to be nice to you, but you don't deserve it! Let's go, Etza!”:

“But…”

“Even listening to what he said, are you going to defend him!? Let's leave it!” The girl stared at me for a while. “Let's go back, it's not worth staying here doing nothing!” she replied.

The girl, worried, nodded doubtfully and left.

Silence reigned and the streetlights echoed; I could stay there forever without perishing. From experience, I doubted anyone was looking for me, they didn't care and I didn't care about anyone.

It was windy and cold; I sat up holding onto my legs and, with effort, slept.

As if it were a dissolution effect, the moon appeared in front of me.

Even though my dream was not about being alone or surrounded by people, no one could fulfill it.

No matter how talented or beautiful they were, even if they lost their loved ones, even if they were aware of death, no one gave the importance that was necessary to their partner.

I didn't make sense of those who superimposed their ideals of love on mine, I didn't let myself be influenced by fraudulent love experiences.

I always learned from the mistakes of others to improve, to the point of being the only one who really wanted to love from the heart and being left alone because I was misunderstood, looking like an idiot being the only one who said that I wanted a serious partner and that everyone told me. they ignored.

Instead of making endless friends, someone who loved regardless of time or distance was more precious to me.

“—People change, so they can always be forgiven.— Do not bother…”

As long as I lived and searched, no one was interested in what I was looking for.

“There are all kinds of loves, so any one is valid,” the humans used to say. Starting a relationship and breaking up after a while, is that loving? Is ignoring, lying or cheating on your partner love? Is it love for your partner to drink poison and not worry about it? Human love is pathetic.

Since I was little, when I gave importance to life and others, no one returned a minimum of that concern to me.

For what reason should I forgive them? Nobody changed. Even if they did, it was at a too slow pace, they repeated the same mistakes as everyone else and never made any progress.

I didn't even consider myself human.

The moon cracked more, as if something inside wanted to escape.

…I hate everyone.

It didn't matter how big the existence was or how many entities were overflowing.

If they could really change, that would be fantastic; but, no matter how many times they did it, no one made enough progress to fulfill my dream.

Even if they changed, their pasts never would. Although they could, they did so when the dagger pierced the wound; they could improve, but never go back to the past to fix mistakes.

Being the exception made me the strange one.

Loving one person for the rest of your life was a hundred times more satisfying. But people, without thinking about it, were looking for a partner for carnal, monetary or visual pleasure; they broke up and regretted it, but they repeated the same stupidity over and over again.

Did dating countless people and breaking up make them happy? I refused to get along with someone like that.

Even if it was blowing from the four winds that I wanted perpetual love, without exception everyone took their eyes off me. What did it mean? And not because I was ugly, because I didn't see another human looking for a partner like I did.

…I hate everyone.

The moon creaked, my arms weighed like beams and began to decay to the point of separating from my limbs.

Someone interrupted my sleep, hugged me from behind and I was startled. It was Mugon, with affection she made it stronger and stronger.

It was dark, it would have been a couple of hours.

“Why are you here?” From that position, she took out the notebook and wrote in front of me. “Sorry, I don't see anything.” she stayed still for a few seconds and pointed to her cell phone. “Look cell phone?”

In an act of affirmation, she hugged me again.

I took it out of my pocket and took a look at it. She had six missed calls and a ton of messages coming from it:

«(Yesterday at 9:13 PM) Nugu told me what happened, I have listened to everything in detail, she says she wants to apologize and that she has been quite immature. ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ

(Yesterday at 10:02 PM) It was a misunderstanding on your part. Today was her birthday and both Chiouri and Gena came to congratulate her. When you spoke to her that way, Nugu was angry knowing that she came expressly to congratulate her. ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

(Yesterday at 10:03 PM) It was a mistake, please come back.(iДi)

(Yesterday at 11:20 PM) Are you okay? Where are you? ʕoᴥoʔ-?

(Yesterday at 11:34 PM) If you need help, tell me, I'll come right away.

(Today at 12:04 AM) It's already past midnight, please be careful. (;Д;)

(Today at 12:04 AM) If you don't answer me in half an hour, I'll go out and look for you!

(Today at 1:27 AM) I've been looking for you, but no one knows where you are. I'll talk to the goddess so she can help me… sorry, I'm too worried. (இ﹏இ`。)»

There were several of the messages; in her avatar she appeared with another woman happily hugging an embarrassed Nugu in between. The woman had short, ashy hair with a braid on the side that fell in front of her in a tiny boomerang; Her eyes were reddish with yellowish touches and angel wings on her back.

Nugu called me 1 time and sent 2 simple and concise messages that were sent much earlier:

«(Yesterday at 8:19 PM) I'm sorry… It was my fault…

(Yesterday at 8:23 PM) Come home, I'll explain what happened…”

Other than those, no one sent me anything.

“Why do you worry about me? If I can't die…”

She let me go, pressed his back against mine and sent me messages.

«(Today at 2:14 AM) Even if you can't, I wouldn't abandon you to your fate… (>_<)»

She was the only one who cared about me.

“…Could you love me forever, Mugon?”

It was a simple and concise question, but at the same time melancholic.

How many times would you ask it to countless people? How many times did they make excuses with nonsense that I was wrong or start saying that I had no idea about love? How many times did it take them to respond or disappear from my sight after doing it? Everyone doubted it as if they had never thought about it.

Just doing it made my chest hurt.

It didn't take more than five seconds and she responded:

“Of course! (/▽\*)。or○♡»

“You say that because you are in love, right? What will you do when you're gone?…” I rephrased; she once again she responded to the same beat.

«I would still love you the same way (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)»

I felt empty, it didn't provoke emotion in me. How true were the human's words?

They used to lie, ignore and deceive, they did stupid things that risked their lives. She wanted to trust, but how could she prove it? Without exception they let me down.

Exhausted, I turned around, closed my eyes and hugged her, trying to change something. Mugon couldn't help the physiological reactions and her heart was palpitating.

I felt a comfortable sensation, strange but certain, as if I was entwined with his soul. I let go of her and walked away; Like last time, I was exhausted and my knees gave out.

She approached concerned, asking if I was okay; I reflected.

I began to suspect the cause, I never experienced it until I became a god. I hadn't mastered him yet, so I was slipping out of my hands and understanding.

I hugged Big Demon, A and Nugu; but I didn't feel it with anyone. Because they were girls and a man, my doubts were not dispersed, I had to try it with another woman to confirm my suspicion.

I was sure that a human would have taken advantage of her without checking her compatibility. I knew that they didn't even care about it, the typical human love at first sight that ends badly.

“I'm sorry, I'm fine now.”

When I set my next goal, she was happy without even revealing it.

«Let's go back. (´。• ω •。`)»

“I have nowhere to go back…”

«Will you not return to Nugu?\(º □ º l|l)/»

“…”

«Don't worry, she's not angry anymore.”

The problem wasn't there: it was me. Could I forgive her?

She had in mind that it was her mistake, but how did she make it after living for hundreds of years? How would I know about his birthday if I'm not a fortune teller? Why did she get angry over something so trivial? Should I consider her a child and forgive?

…I can listen to what you have to say and then decide…

“Yes, I'm sorry…”

She shook his hands from side to side:

«Let's go back together (´。• ω •。`)»

“Where is the exit? How can you tell?”

«If you press the button to turn on your mobile three times in a row, a map of the place and where they are located, your position and a little arrow that shows you the closest one will appear.ヽ(*・ω・)ノ»

“It's true. Thanks for teaching me.”

The exit was a few meters away, we went to it and stopped. The TIS was marked by an arch of roots next to a grayish mist.

Mugon, restless, waited for something.

“Aren't you going to connect it?”

She raised his hands towards me and shook them to make me hurry up, I immediately got the hint.

…With how easy and fast it would be for you to activate it…

She was so adorable that I let her go, plus she bothered to look for me.

“Just for this time.” I looked away nervously thinking that she could be the person I longed for.

I hugged her back and she hugged my neck.

We were still there, with my head resting on his lap; I couldn't concentrate and fell dizzy from that strange power.

«I'm sorry… It was my fault, I was only thinking about myself and creating good memories… (。T ω T。)»

“It was mine, I knew it would happen and I took the risk.” In a silence of a couple of minutes, I added: “I'm sorry.”

«Why?ヽ(´ー` )┌»

“Since I have been a god, I have caused you problems. I don't have as much energy as the rest and my way of thinking can cause you problems… Even before you came, I got mad at someone who was walking around here; although I only told her the truth…”

She interrupted me by coming close and pressing his forehead against mine at high speed, but she softened it at the last second. I was shocked and speechless imagining how it would have hurt me.

The ambient sound stopped, it was more like me concentrating on her, and some words emerged:

“Alright…”

It was barely audible, but I heard it being so close; her voice was sweet and clumsy, no doubt she had a phobia. Trembling, she shed a tear onto my face. I started to think my face was a magnet for tears.

«Did you hear it? I have achieved itヾ(*'▽'*)». She raised her head and smiled.

I returned the smile and, satisfied, looked away:

“You had already done enough… Shall we go back?”

Trembling, she nodded in tears.

We were already on the road that led to Nugu's house.

Naturally, she grabbed my left and with the other she sent me messages; She pretended to be calm so as not to worry me, I let her until she arrived.

«What happened to your hand?”

“I was tired…”

«Now I will treat it to you (´。• ω •。`)». I nodded silently. «Who was the person you met? If you want tomorrow I apologize for you (( _ _ ))»

We were already a few meters from the entrance, going up the porch.

“She was a strange girl…, she had bluish hair that faded to white. She took a photo of me asleep and raved that someone lived in her shadow; Even though I argued with her, it seemed like I had gone crazy. She shadow called her Exia or Etzia, something like that…

Mugon was startled and sent one message after another:

«(Today at 2:43) Etza!?

(Today at 2:43) I'm your fan! She is an idol among the gods!

(Today at 2:44) She is in position three in the ranking! Apart from regulating and predicting the weather on the news, she also composes his own songs and solo choreography!

(Today at 2:44) What did you say to her!? Didn't you apologize!?

(Today at 2:44) Ah!! Why didn't I come find you sooner!?

(Today at 2:44) I could have asked her for an autograph! Did she tell you something!?”

I didn't care who she was to such an extent that I even lost interest.

“Not much… I don't think I have to recant for anything, and I only argued with his shadow…”

I was about to open the door and she sent me another message.

«(Today at 2:45) Let's enter with my power so as not to wake up. First, I'll go to the bathroom, I need a quick shower: I'm a little sweaty (/ω\)»

Although I doubted that she would wake up at the distance his room was.

“I should also, I was lying on the ground… Shall we shower together? This way it will take us less time to go to sleep,” I joked, laughing.

Her fingers froze, she wrote blushing, her hands trembling.

“It's not a bad idea. I would feel bad for dragging you along and not letting you rest as soon as possible (>﹏<)»

“I did not mean it…”

«What's wrong? Don't you have the courage to go in with a girl? (─‿‿─)♡», she provoked.

Thanks to its power we filled the bathtub in silence, steam ran through the room.

She was taking off his last piece of clothing. I looked at the wall; embarrassed, she said not to see it.

…So “courage”, huh.

A towel around my waist was the only thing I held on to.

She gently touched my back as a warning and I turned to see her. Even with the towel running from her chest to her crotch, the proportions of her body made it erotic, revealing a small opening in her bust.

As soon as I saw her I looked away; she noticed and blushed and smiled mischievously.

With the towel, we shower to remove the dirt before entering the bathtub. As I did so, I lay down on the left side, Mugon did the same on the opposite side at a slow pace, carefully holding the towel.

The water was at a pleasant temperature and I sighed tiredly, relaxing; She was using her cell phone in the bathtub.

“Doesn't it break down in water?”

«No problem, they are 100% safe (´ ω `♡),» she typed and showed it to me.

“They are practical…” I sighed again, exhausted.

I relaxed my body little by little, I felt like I would fall asleep; I naturally took more control of the bathtub, until, accidentally, without bad intentions, I touched the door to Mugon's paradise with my foot.

I caught her off guard, out of instinct, she grabbed my foot startled and her face turned like a tomato. As if she had just woken up, I was also startled and tried to move my foot away the moment I realized it, but I could barely free it from her hand.

“I-I'm sorry, it wasn't on purpose, the bathtub is small, and I'm not used to entering with another person…”

She let go, turned her back on me and, with a push of his legs against his wall, sat on my lap.

«This way you don't have to worry about stretching,” she typed instantly, turning her face a few centimeters away from me in shame.

…What don't I have to worry about!? Our most important members are brushed by a thin layer of wet towels!

She hung her head in shame, noticing the hard lever that was crashing against her wall.

Even if she did it to provoke me, I kept my carnivorous instincts strong. As long as we didn't do anything strange, there wouldn't be a problem, I wanted to think.

Something was bothering me. Would she bathe with another man? Would you do the same with anyone else?

I wanted to trust his word… Since I was close, I wanted to practice how well I could put that strange power at bay.

“Can I hug you? I want to practice a little…”

She nodded his head without turning around.

It was true that I wanted to practice; but on the other hand, I wanted to do it to feel relieved.

I did so gently, and closed my eyes to concentrate.

Outside you could hear crickets and the water moved silently. It was a peaceful and comforting situation, so much so that a feeling of sadness overcame me for being unable to stop time.

For some reason, she was too calm despite the situation.

0