Chapter 1: The man awakens
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where am I?” Few words escaped from the man’s mouth as he groaned to stand up on his two feet, forcing himself against the ground he felt pain running through his entire body, unable to properly stand up, he rolled to the side, as he looked towards the sky, the moon shone on the red hue, this world was crying. 

I could feel the emotions of this world as it wanted to cleanse itself from the filth that was slowly corrupting it to the core, this world was dying, it wanted to continue the cycle of its revival, but something was holding it back, the pain echoed in the soil and trees as they rattled in the cold winds. 

I touched the earth and slowly caressed it, and sent my feelings, ‘I feel your pain, don’t worry, you won’t die.’ 

Man, slowly stood up on his feet as he grabbed a nearby tree for support, his body was still weak from all the growing pain. He eventually mustered all his strength to stand up properly, and slowly he walked towards a nearby stream, as he knelt, he cupped his hand to scoop the water from the stream, but as he pulled the water towards his mouth, it had a foul stench. 

Looking into the water in his hand, the water looked pristine, but the feeling and the smell remained, he threw over the grass, and the grass which was green turned black from the filth in the water.  

“What is this?” Amazed the man takes another handful of water and drinks it, knowing it could probably harm him, as the water travels down the throat and hits his stomach the pain in the body intensifies a hundred-fold.  

But the pain only lasted for a second as his body cleaned the water from filth and then he felt there was something more in the water, it was something he never felt before but it was familiar to him. This was the special power of this world, which it seemed to run on, it was a strand of it, but corrupted by something. 

As he digested the feeling he could feel the source of this corruption, it came from upstream, with nowhere to go, or anyone in sight. He started to walk towards the source, he felt his energy reinvigorated rather than feeling weak. 

He traversed the land on the bank of the stream, from afar he could smell the corpses that were rotting at least for days. He could feel a being also close to the corpses readily devouring them, the power seemed to be leaking from him, and the filth was the bits and pieces of corpses tainted in the blood flowing down the river both combined were making this river corrupted. 

 

Walking up the stream, finally, he could see the man happily devouring corpses their laid corpses of children to elders, at least fifty corpses stacked on top of one another, he continued to walk towards him, till the Cannibal turned around to look at him with his hollow eyes, he shouted, “What are you doing in the cursed forest? Not that I care, come here. Let me devour you!” 

Unlike normal people rather than running on to legs, he jumped using his arms and legs towards the man, the man dodged him to the left, but the cannibal turned around and a said few incomprehensible words, multiple rays of light shined and launched themselves towards the man. 

Meanwhile, Cannibal also jumped towards the man, faster than before, The man observed the mass of energy launched towards himself, he knew it was going to hurt a lot if he were hit by them, but they were faster than him, he clenched his fists, all of his body become solid as the veins also popped out all over body, he used his hands to protect the face.  

The impact of each projectile was akin to a massive Warhammer, the man bracing himself, felt the excruciating pain radiating through the body as the energy made contact with him. It was burning his flesh as well as leaving a forceful impact.  

This even made him lean back slowly and lose focus, he felt his foot miss the correct landing as he took a step back to correct his posture, causing an opening to appear for the Cannibal. 

“DIE!” The cannibal cried as the saliva and blood oozed from his mouth. 

He slashed his overgrown nails against the man, causing, multiple cuts to appear on his chest, few were even deep enough to see bones, the man after being struck by balls of energy was still held on, but the pain from the cut made him flinch, he used his fist and smashed the face of incoming cannibal toward him. 

 

The cannibal was sent flying away and stuck into a tree, he cried in agony as tried to stand on fours again, “Ou! OU! OU! How dare food attack me! The great Astral magician acolyte.” 

The man felt the power of Cannibal was rising, he knew he had finished him here, and now, or he may die. 

Man launched himself against the floor with a sprint without caring about the pain, he went towards the cannibal still trying to get up from the ground, The cannibal looked towards the man rushing towards him. He widened his eyes in horror and shouted, “Please don't hurt me! I can make you a magician if you want! I got great treasures I can give also!” 

But ignoring all of the words, the man kicked the body of Cannibal, he stuck the chest with all of his might, making the cannibal vomit blood, but he didn’t stop. He used his foot to strike the chin of the cannibal causing the neck to snap of the cannibal with an audible sound. 

The man looked at the limp body of the Cannibal, it was still gathering energy, he knew the cannibal was still trying something, so he climbed on the limp body, and gripped the head of the cannibal, using all of his strength he pulled out the head from the body, and threw the head to side. 

All of the corrupted energy slowly dissipated, the man started to dig a hole and after half a day, it was big enough, he threw all of the bodies beside the stream into the hole, and then he saw the corruption from the stream also disappear. 

Then he looked towards the moon, the little red hue seemed to lessen.

English is not my native language, so I may make mistakes, it would be great if you guys pointed out any of my mistakes, and thanks for reading the first chapter, I had a lot of fun writing it.

0