Chapter 10: Understanding The World
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asura quietly left the mansion even before anyone noticed what had transpired. He looked back at the sky; all the corruption had vanished, a gentle wind picked up, and Asura felt as if it were caressing his skin and saying thank you.

Asura wanted to travel back to the tavern before the evening arrived, but he didn't want the murder to be linked to him. He decided to take a different route back to the other side of the city, walking towards the forest.

As he thought about the corruption dissipating, he wondered where that corruption would go.

After he walked deeper into the forest, he felt something bubbling in his body. His body heated up, spasming everywhere, and he started to sweat profusely. He didn't understand what was happening; he just waited for the process to be over. But even after enduring it for minutes and the intermittent screams he was suppressing, it didn't stop. He could feel his bones on the verge of breaking, and his muscles tearing.

“What is happening?!” The pain exceeded his limit, and Asura roared, “HA!” The feeling was burning him alive; he didn't know what to do about it. He wanted to live and survive.

He even thought of cutting off his arms and legs if it could subside the pain, but he was unable to control his body. He fell back on the ground, rolling in agony.

“Please make it stop!” He begged, but there was no one to hear his plea. Only trees were there to witness his agony. If they had eyes, they would shed tears looking at the man who was only protecting the world, suffering the consequences of meddling in another world's affair.

For he was breaking the balance, even if the world asked for him, and nature provided the world's solution.

Asura’s arm broke as his muscles contracted too much, causing the bone to break into pieces. He rubbed his skin against the ground, causing wounds to appear on his body. Asura spent all of his energy, eventually exhausting himself to the point of going unconscious.

As the sun was going down, Asura opened his eyes slowly; he couldn’t feel anything. His mind was conscious; he tried to move his finger but felt nothing. He turned around to get up from the ground, but he couldn't control his body.

“Have I lost control of my body?” Asura was feeling perplexed; he didn't understand why this would happen. But soon he started to get the feeling all over his body again slowly. He understood now; his mind itself momentarily let go of feeling from the body, from overloading the mind. The painful sensation returned, but it was much more manageable.

He looked at his hand, which was bent unnaturally. He sighed as he looked at the sky, with an exhaustive sigh escaping his mouth.

“So, all the corruption goes to me if I intervene in this world? This is why the World told me to guide the hero to choose a path. I can't clear it.”

Asura slowly lifted his body; the pain bothered him, but he grit his teeth and made his way back towards the meeting point; it was already late as night was about to arrive.

After a while, Asura finally arrived at the gate where he could see Yulia on top of the carriage, waving to him. But seeing him walking while clutching his arm, and walking with weak footing, she jumped down from the carriage and rushed to support him.

She quickly supported him with her shoulder and asked, “What happened to you? Did you fight someone?”

Asura shook his head and answered, “Nothing happened, just I meddled in someone else’s affair.”

Yulia wanted to ask more questions but decided not to as it was clear Asura couldn’t tell her even if she asked. She just quietly helped him sit inside the carriage.

“Asura, you should rest. I will look out for any threats; if anything comes, I will alert you.” Yulia said, looking at him worryingly, before climbing on top of the carriage again.

Asura sat in silence as the carriage began to move eastwards towards Loreal City, Yulia’s home.

He knew the journey might be harder than it looked. Even though Yulia was a formidable warrior, she still crumbled in front of that beast. If he wasn't there, she would’ve been killed. Her powers were still recovering, but Asura could feel her peak wouldn't be enough to solve this world's problem.

He needed more people like her. He had assembled a team to help her solve this world's problems, so he could understand why he was here other than helping Yulia, and this world, there must be some purpose for him to be here.

 
 
0