Chapter 1
1.8k 13 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A highly developed high school in Tokyo.

It is located on an artificial island specially funded and built by the government.

And now it's Class D, first grade. The new students are introducing themselves.

It's important to arrive at a new class and introduce yourself and get to know each other.

"Can you please excuse me? My name is Yosuke Hirata. Now please introduce yourself. I hope everyone can get along and become friends as soon as possible."

It goes like this. And then another person enters the arena.

"Then it's me next. My name is Kushida Kikyo. My goal is to become friends with everyone here. I want to create many memories. Please come to play with me often!"

'Why's this girl shouting so loud in the
morning? Just go to your seat already!'

Even though, he was complaining inside his heart, it will be his turn soon.

Indeed. There was a boy with short black hair sitting by the window.

If you want to describe his appearance, it should be regarded as that of an ordinary handsome boy.

A pair of dead fish eyes slightly ruins the beauty, but he is indeed an attractive person.

______

His name is Hikigaya Hachiman.

This boy originally studied at Sobu High School in Chiba, but on the first day, he was hit by a car after rescuing a puppy that ran off the road.

Had to spend three weeks inside the hospital to recover from his injuries.

This is fatal for freshmen, because the formation of a small circle will be completed within a week of enrolling.

Oh no, it may even be completed in two or three days! What a horror!

It is conceivable that when Hachiman returns to class, he will probably spend his high school career alone again.
  
But something extraordinary happened. His life instructor Shizuka Hiratsuka, extended an olive branch to him.

He was recommended to take admission into Tokyo's Advanced Nurturing High School.
  
The reason was quite simple too, there was a problem with a freshman at the school, making a seat vacant.
  
So, Hiratsuka Shizuka, an alumnus of this school, thought of him. 'This teacher is really too gentle'
 
At the same time, the benefits are also pretty exaggerated. External publicity has a 100% admission and employment rate.

And the most important thing, there is neither tuition fees, nor there's any need to bring living expenses.

Yes, you heard that right, everything's free inside this school run by the govt.

A true paradise indeed. This is simply incredible.

But some people feel full of doubts like Hachiman, because why would he be treated like this? Did I do something awesome in my previous life? I don't think so!'

And even though, this free school is full of mysteries, his parents signed an agreement with relieved looks on their faces, as if they couldn't be happier to get rid of this burden.

It made Hachiman feel that he might have been abandoned!

But. His younger sister, Komachi, is only in her second year of junior high school, and she will take the entrance examination in two years.

If she does poorly in the exam, the tuition fee will increase accordingly.
  
The burden on parents....yeah, it doesn't look good. So, it would be very cool if Hachiman could save their tuition fees.
  
But still it wasn't a big loss. When he arrived at ANHS, the freshmen had just entered school.

Therefore, he can also seize this opportunity and integrate into the small group.

There is nothing wrong with being alone, but when living with social animals, it becomes troublesome.

Hachiman has had the experience of playing tennis and baseball by himself many times in physical education class because he couldn't find anyone to play with.
  
So, If you can, take a chance.

And his sister also said that if given some kind of opportunity, she would definitely change his twisted character.

In other words, really step out and make a friend or something.
 
And now. Komachi, just watch!
Friends and such are quite easy to obtain.

Hachiman had already thought of a rather burning way to introduce himself.

For example.

 [Seeing someone's face, pleasing someone, keeping in touch, and catering to the topic are not true friendships. They can't even be called friends. ]

  [The person who rides directly in front of you at a speed of 50 kilometers per hour because you asked for help at two o'clock in the middle of the night, this kind of person is undoubtedly a true friend. ]

  [So, if you have such a common goal, please become friends with me. ]

Then... It's definitely very difficult.

Because can this kind of friend really exist in reality? Hachiman didn't have much hope, he never did.

"Horikita Suzune."

The top beautiful girl sitting behind him introduced herself, but it was very brief, with only one name.

And this is what Hachiman has been trying not to pay attention to.

Yes. This class is very strange.

Although the boys look very ordinary, except for one guy named Yosuke Hirata who has introduced himself, most of the other boys can almost be said to have a scruffy appearance.

But the quality of the girls... is surprisingly high.

All students came to class after attending the opening ceremony in the gymnasium.

20 boys and 20 girls.

This ratio of boys and girls is indeed quite frightening. And among these 20 girls, 10 are very beautiful.

Suzune Horikita, Kikyo Kushida, Maya Sato, Kei Karuizawa, Mie-yu Wang, Chiaki Matsushita, Haruka Hasebe, etc.

Most of them must be class beauties in their previous schools. The result, they all come together in this class.

Plus the advertised 100% employment  and admission rate. 'This school's getting even more suspicious!

With that in mind, it was already Hachiman's turn to introduce himself.

"Then next-" he held his breath. Then, tried to open his mouth, only
  
"I'm Hikigaya Hachiman...I'm from Chiba. I like..."

"What the hell are you doing?" But at this time, a tall woman with a black single ponytail entered the front door of the classroom.

She's in great shape.

Wearing a black women's suit, but with a white suit underneath, the black and white combination has a majestic temperament.

She was wearing black stockings and garters. The high heels make a thumping sound.

Very rhythmic. Although the voice is slightly low, it is surprisingly magnetic and pleasant.

So if Hachiman was her ordinary house-husband, he would really want to be stepped on by her high heels right now.

But if she put on a maid outfit in a cute way, this person would be very eye-catching.
  
But this straight woman interrupted Hachiman's self-introduction. Then she walked to the podium and wrote her name.
  
Informed him of her identity.

"I am the homeroom teacher of Class D, Sae Chabashira, and here is my phone number, you can remember this"

Madam, no, Sae Chabashira introduced herself. She is the class teacher.

"The class will not change its head teacher."

"I will be your Class In-charge for the next three years." With that said, she picked up the chalk and wrote out a series of phone numbers.

But. "This school has a special system that requires all students to board until you graduate..." the head teacher continued.

"Eh..." But the news immediately exploded in the class.

Because. "Why is it three years?!"
  
"A boarding school? I didn't bring anything. Not even a change of clothes!"

"Eat, what should I do with food?"

The students seemed restless.

But weren't these guys notified of the free tuition and living allowance from the beginning?

Hachiman felt a little strange, why are these people so shocked? Didn't you all read the admission brochure?'

Because, he doesn't see anything wrong with this.

The conditions provided by the school are too generous, if there are no requirements, then there will really be problems.

Only. Does it suffice for students to study full boarding for three years?

'I always feel that this condition does not meet the preferential treatment given by the school' Hachiman thought inside his heart, and immediately started scolding this school.

But the aloof head teacher turned a deaf ear to the students' words, and continued, showing an aura of low motivation.

"And when you open your mobile phone, there is a student ID card inside, which records your basic information."

With that said, the students had no choice but to take out their mobile phones.

Hachiman also clicked on his student ID card according to the rules.

Above is your own information, then he also looked at his interface.

  [Name: Hikigaya Hachiman
  Class: First-year Class D Student
  ID: 108510000
  Private Points: 100,000]

It is indeed basic information, and there is not much stuff on it.

Chabashira-sensei raised her cell phone and said, "You can check the column of private points. They are a high-tech extension of this school. You can understand them as a kind of currency, and can be spent as money."

"And a little private point is one yen."

"What the hell?!" Someone shouted.

"Are you surprised by the huge number of points? This school measures students based on their...strength. Being able to enter this school means that you are of considerable value."

In other words, the school also provides living expenses after free tuition.

It's just Hachiman didn't know whether this 100,000 yen is three years living expenses or for a short-term.

If it happens every month, then things are going to be serious.

Because the treatment given to students is just.... too much, it's already known that they receive money from the govt.

And Hachiman was sure, they will definitely not agree to this kind of free money transfer.

'So... did we really come to an incredible place?' Hachiman had his doubts.

But apart from this, he gently raised his head and paid attention to the mobile phone held by his homeroom teacher, Chabashira-sensei.

It has a white shell and looks like a fruit machine.
 
But. The important thing worth noting, is that her account has a lot of private points.

6.022 million.

'Can you really earn so much as a teacher?' Hachiman felt that there was something weird both inside and outside this school.

  ...

"Then the specific content is this. You can use the points in your student ID card to buy things inside this school."

"Administrative staff is also very considerate. You have a GPS location installed on your mobile phone, to check the school map at any time."

"In order to keep your three years  from getting boring, the school is also equipped with entertainment facilities, ranging from an ordinary hotel to a milk tea shop, large  Cinemas, bowling alleys and everything."

"As long as there is demand, you can buy anything with points."

"After all..." Chabashira-sensei deliberately paused at this point, then glanced at these defective products with a cold gaze, "This is a school where strength comes first."

He didn't know if it was an illusion, but Hachiman felt that she deliberately emphasized the words "strength comes first".

But after this introduction, she circled around the students in the class.

And Hachiman noticed that her eyes seemed to be on him, but then looked away in an instant. As if he's not worth paying attention to.

Then she gave an order, “Arrange for a few students to go to the Academic Affairs Office to pick up textbooks. Your classes will begin at eight o'clock tomorrow."

"I will send the curriculum to your email later."

"As for the location of the accommodation, you can find the first grade through the map. For the apartment, you can go to the dormitory on the first floor to get the room card."

"Everyone has a single room."
  
These are some things that the head teacher needs to explain.

And as if she had finished speaking, Chabashira-sensei began to walk out of the front door of the classroom.

It seems that she is not the type who likes to be muddled with student affairs.

But near the exit, she looked back at the students who were excited because they heard that everyone had living expenses equivalent to 100,000 yen and the living conditions were single rooms.

There wasn't a single glimmer in her eyes. Very dark and empty, just like a black hole.

Because for her, this year will probably be the same and she'll only feel disappointed.

Strength comes first. This was her deliberately emphasized tone.

But. No one among the students in this class noticed it.

From behind, she could hear the sounds of them being excited for the preferential treatment given by the school.

However. You obviously know, that tuition fees are exempted and living expenses of 100,000 yen have been given for free!

'How can there be such a delicious lunch in the world?' Free is the most expensive.
 
But, not even a single student thought about this problem. 'Should I say that these people really deserve to be Class D?'

They're rated as... trash by everyone.

Therefore, it's obvious to her, very painfully that the long-cherished wish cannot be achieved this year.

Thinking like this. She stepped forward on high heels.

"Wait a minute, Chabashira-sensei!"
  
But at this moment, a voice called her from behind, and then ran after her from the back door.
  
"What?" She didn't have much choice but to stop and looked at the student who was catching up.

Sae thought there was nothing missing in what she had just said. But today she's still so unmotivated, so omissions are likely to occur.

"I want to ask." The student who stopped her, just started talking and didn't stop for a while, "Will 100,000 points be credited to our private accounts next month?"

"Also, Chabashira-sensei, are the 6 million points in your mobile phone sent to you by the school this month, or have you always done it yourself?

And since personal points can be used as cash for consumption in school, can they be directly converted into cash?"

He had a lot of questions.

But, It was like a stagnant water without waves, and a stone was suddenly thrown into it.

So, Chabashira Sae began to carefully look over at this student who was not in Class D from the beginning.

__________

He is a boy with handsome features, but a pair of dead fish eyes ruins his appearance.

But from Chabashira's point of view, she thought that if the other person wore a pair of black-rimmed glasses, his charm would probably be even higher.
  
"So, what do you want to ask?" She still pretended to be unmotivated, "I can't give answers to most of the content."

"Is that true? Then teacher has been given a gag order." The student wondered out loud, "...But the teacher just said it in class, you can buy everything with points."

"So can I also use the points on my student ID card to buy answers for my questions?"

Oh? Chabashira felt that it was finally time to stop acting and see what this kid wanted to say.

Indeed. What she was saying to the class was that you can buy anything with points.
 
But you want to know the essence of this school.

Only. Can this kid use the points so flexibly just after receiving the lecture?

"You can do this, but unfortunately, the 100,000 points in your hand are not enough." Chabashira denied his requests outright, it was indeed true that her mouth is very offending.

"That is to say, the purchasing power of points worth 100,000 yen is so low." The student seemed a little depressed.

"Don't be so negative. You just asked three questions, and I can make an exception to answer one of them." But today, she didn't seem to be as cold as usual.

Her nonchalant attitude changed.

As the class teacher, she checked the files of all students in Class D before the students arrived.

One of the original applicants from Class D went abroad due to the job transfer of his parents.

ANHS is a school that all junior high school students aspire to.

It also conducts open enrollment every year, but this is a scam because the students are all admitted through recommendations from principals of junior high schools across the country.

So, the source of students had been determined half a year ago.

But now that a student is suddenly missing, which is a bit difficult for them to handle.

Only at this time, her close friend Hiratsuka Shizuka recommended a student.

And this person is none other than the boy standing in front of Chabashira,  Hikigaya Hachiman.

She used to be a student of this school, and Hiratsuka Shizuka was her classmate. After graduation, most students went their separate ways.

But Sae returned to this school a few years later.

And Hiratsuka Shizuka chose to teach abroad. She looks a bit uncle-like, but  actually a very gentle person.

Because of her recommendation, The school decided to retrieve Hikigaya Hachiman's files, checked his growth experience, personality, and the way he got along with others, and finally concluded that he could be used as a sample to be included in the training of ANHS.

Then Hikigaya was assigned to Class D.

That's why Chabashira said that Hachiman was actually a student who was not originally part of the defective products.
  
But looking at it now, it really seems to be the case.

Hikigaya Hachiman is a student recommended by Hiratsuka Shizuka, and based on Chabashira's understanding of her, it may have some deep meaning.

So this boy's enrollment may not... be ordinary.

In other words...until now, is she still worried about the other party?

Thinking like this, Chabashira's mood became complicated, and then stared at the boy in front of her.

There are three questions that Hikigaya just raised.

  1. Will students' private point accounts receive 100,000 points next month?

  2. The source of the huge points in her account.

  3. Whether the points can be converted into cash directly.

If she really decided to answer these three questions, then question 1 and question 2 will involve the essence of the school.

But as he said, although Sae was the head teacher, she was also given a gag order.

However, if he paid enough points, she could fight against this.
  
The number of points to be paid is about 1 million to 2 million.

And Sae decided to make up for the shortcomings herself. Think of it as the last struggle for her long-cherished wish.

'Let's see if this young man recommended by Hiratsuka-san can increase my expectations'

"Is that so..." The student seemed to become shy.

"Chabashira-sensei said that my points are not enough...then can sensei pay the price for making an exception?"

"...." Sae glanced at him again with eyes trying to look deep into the boy's soul because she noticed that he  seemed to be very understanding of this world.

"It is true that I can pay the price, But it's not a matter of points. After all, I have six million, right?"

In fact, she discovered it at this time.

When Chabashira took out her mobile phone to give an example to the students, Hikigaya obviously noticed her huge 6 million points.

So. 'Isn't this little guy's observation very keen?'

"Then I'll ask."

____________

If it is question 1 or 2, it will involve the essence of the school, but Chabashira is ready to pay the price.

Although 2 million points is also stressful for her.

But she also has some expectations.

Since this was a question raised by a student, it was not a complete violation on her part.

Moreover, if the students in Class D of the first grade learn the essence of the school on the first day, or even within an hour, what kind of storm will this student bring to other classes?

She wanted to see it a little. And when Chabashira thought about it, she became a little passionate.

She stared at the boy, and then saw the other person opening his lips.
  
She had not carefully observed the little boy's face.

'But I have to admit that my heart is beating a little faster now because of the excitement'

"I want to know, can the points be cashed in?" Hikigaya decided to ask the question that was considered to be most important to his family, “If it is allowed, then I want to exchange the points into cash and send them home."

"..." Eh? Chabashira was stunned for a moment. Send your money home?!

The other party asked about, Question 3, which will be informed to the senior students before graduating.

It is not a particularly secretive matter, so people who want to get the answer from their teacher only need about 100,000 points.

And Chabashira was already prepared to pay the price of 2 million.

As a result, she only needs to pay 100,000 now. It saves her points, but....

'Does this child only see the money?'

Because he was told that the 100,000 points in the student ID card is equivalent to 100,000 yen, but... he actually wanted to convert it into cash, and then send it home?
  
From which family, this good boy comes from?! Sae obviously wanted to know.

"I'm just an ordinary Japanese high school student." And Hikigaya didn't choose to disappoint and answered what the teacher was thinking.

"The pocket money I usually get is 2,000, and it's only once a month. But now, suddenly.... I got such a huge amount, so I want to send it home."
Hachiman's face seemed embarrassed when he said this.

But there was a happy smile on his face, "I have a younger sister at home. She often says that her pocket money is not enough...."

My younger sister says that my pocket money is not enough.

'As an older brother, now that you have money, you think of her immediately?' Sae was really dumbfounded by this kind of....

So, you are the one with the line that appears in the recent youth anime, what is it called...The younger sister is the cutest...well, the sister control.

And Chabashira recalled that when she first entered the classroom, it was Hikigaya who was in the middle of his introduction.

The other party's remarks seemed to come from Chiba. And Sae remembered the advertisements she had seen on TV.

Chiba's specialties, peanuts, sake, and... there are girls!

One side of the family feeds another, and in that area where boys or girls have younger sisters, dote on their siblings.

"I can answer this question for you....when you graduate, the school will use cash to collect the points in your hands."

"Although it is not a 1:1 exchange, you can still get around 0.7-0.8."

"And if you want to reduce consumption, you can go to the shopping mall to buy unopened electrical appliances and take them out of school, by doing this you may be able to get a 10% discount for recycling." Chabashira then decided to explain these small details, finding this situation slightly funny.

Hachiman also listened carefully.

"Does this mean that the school will exchange it, only at the time of graduation?

"Yeah" She nodded her head politely, but only moments later, she was again forced to be speechless by this boy's unexpected questions.

"But what if I use points to buy the permission to exchange these points for cash in advance?" Hachiman decided to continue probe all kind of information from his teacher. He won't get many opportunities to do this, or maybe the price will increase later.

"...." Chabashira.

'Do you want to buy the permission to exchange cash in advance? No one has done this yet'

And the other party is already drawing inferences from one example.

But Sae was a little disappointed just now, but she didn't take it too seriously.

So, she simply replied that his current points do not meet the purchasing authority.

"So, Chabashira-sensei, what exactly does the school want us to do?" Hikigaya was getting irritated by this low number of points. 'What's the point of giving 100,000 points to us students, when you can't buy shit?!

"To be precise, after paying such excellent conditions to us students, what exactly does the school need from us?"

"Free is the most expensive."
  
"I don't think we will be able to get so many points next month.....but, since they will convert the points in our hands into cash when we graduate."

"It means that the school will definitely provide us with the opportunity to gain more points,” Hachiman's eyes started glowing at this point.

If you don't have many points, then just scam the school out of it's money!

"So, I want to know how to obtain a large amount of points.” Chabashira's attention was drawn again.

Because. The school's assumption seems to be a mistake.

This child... seem to have potential, but was placed in the wrong class.

______________

38