Re: That Time My Mother Got Turned into a Monster! – Chapter Two
90 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dear Sister of the State Exorcists of the Holy State Imperial Order, residing at this Hall of Order in the city of Siciopolis,

 

I am addressing this letter to anyone who shall find it in their possession once it has been delivered. With a heavy heart and an emptiness I cannot fill, I write this note, a plea for mercy and forgiveness. I hope that the letter finds its intended recipient, whether by luck or by fate, and that they find my situation worthy of their time and consideration. To my disadvantage, I must make two significant requests and, as such, a favor to myself from those who read this message. The first will be self-explanatory, but the second is far more dire and complex. As much as I might prefer to be discreet and remain anonymous, I cannot. Allow me to introduce myself - I am High Inquisitor Allen von Yeager, hailing from the beautiful town of Dresdenberry. I am reaching out to you with utmost sincerity and honesty. 

 

I understand the circumstances surrounding the discovery of this letter are strange, and some might even regard the requests written within as fantastical and impossible. Despite this, I assure the reader that if you have acquired this letter, it is with the utmost sincerity and urgency that I ask these favors. I humbly beseech you to hear out my tale, to read and give consideration to the words that I have written. The events that befell my loved ones and, in turn, myself are both tragic and terrifying. For these reasons, I dare hope that these words will be met with compassion rather than with disbelief or denial.

 

Please, I implore you. I beseech you. Listen carefully to my plea.

 

First, I am writing to recommend the incredible talents and bravery of my dear brother Adam von Yeager, who has proven time and time again to be a true asset in the fight against monsters. Through his unwavering determination and unwavering resolve to protect humanity, he has proven to be an invaluable member of any team. My brother's ability to stay calm under pressure and think creatively in tense situations has led to countless victories against the most terrible of foes. Undoubtedly, my brother Adam von Yeager would excel in any role they took on, and I am honored to have worked alongside them.

 

I strongly recommend Adam von Yeager for any position that requires bravery, determination, and a commitment to facing adversity. As someone who has met their own primal fears and fought against monsters, he has demonstrated an impressive level of resilience and resourcefulness. Adam von Yeager possesses a rare combination of physical and mental strength, making him an invaluable asset in any environment. I believe he has the potential to excel in any field he chooses to pursue, and I am confident in his ability to succeed in any challenge he will undertake. I humbly beseech you, whoever may come across this letter, to find some way to employ my dear brother, Adam von Yeager, as a State Exorcist of the Holy State Imperial Order.

 

Now, onto my second and much more dire request. I employ you to hear out my words and my plea for assistance. My mother has been turned into a savage, monstrous thing, incapable of understanding speech or reason, except for my brother, Adam von Yeager. Her once angelic countenance is nothing more than a hideous visage of scales and fangs. Her afflictions come from not a sin of her own but a sin of our father and uncle. My brother has worked tirelessly over the last decade to rectify the affliction my mother suffers from.

 

I am aware of the dangers my mother may pose to those who cross her path and of the devastation my plea may incur. Yet, I cannot stand the thought of my mother being lost to this beast she has become. Thus, I implore you to heed my warning and assist me in any way possible to restore my mother back to the loving, gentle person she once was.

 

My mother is but a young maiden who has been turned into a hideous monster, deprived of the most basic of all her faculties. She has been stripped of her humanity to the point of no longer recognizing her own reflection in the mirror. In her affliction, she cannot age and thus cannot hope to ever find everlasting peace in death.

 

In all regards, she remains the same woman I've known all my life - but in this form, she cannot be trusted unless at the hands of my brother, Adam von Yeager. With her newfound dark powers, she may prove to be dangerous and unpredictable but an advantageous asset to the order. If, as such, my mother proves capable, I shall send word to others who face a similar stigma as my mother. I beg of you, find my mother and save her from this monstrous form in which she has been cursed by a great evil perpetrated by my father and his brother. My mother meant everything to me, and the thought of losing her forever was too much to bear.

 

As such, a favor to myself, a High Inquisitor Allen von Yeager of Dresdenberry, that you aid my brother in his burden to help him find a trusted alchemist or magician to grant him the knowledge of how to reverse the accursed transformation that was cast upon our mother.

 

Sincerely and beseechingly yours,

High Inquisitor Allen von Yeager of Dresdenberry"

 

The two sisters look up from the letter with a concerned but compassionate expression. I could tell they had a great deal of respect for my elder brother. Allen was known far and wide for being an exceptional Exorcist. They study the letter for a little longer, obviously contemplating the context of the letter. Sister Rachael then folds the letter up and returns it to its envelope. Sister Diane clasps her hands together as if she was about to pray. Both were studying my demeanor.

 

"Brother Allen is well known to this Hall. This is after all where he began his path as an Exorcist. What bothers me is that if you are his younger brother, why do you lack the willpower to… avert your gaze upon our innocent chests?" Sister Rachael said.

 

"Hmph, I can not believe such a lecherous young man has such noble traits?" Sister Diane snapped.

 

"Wait! Hold on a minute! I'm not like that at all! Hear me out will you!" I blurted.

 

Sister Rachael puts her hand up over my mouth, causing me to stop mid-sentence. "Nevertheless, your brother's request and your situation will be considered by the Mother of this Hall," Sister Rachael explained.

 

"We must warn you. Any less than gentleman-like behavior will not be tolerated in the Mother's presence," Sister Diane stated. 

 

"You will behave with the utmost respect and virtue while the Mother considers your request. As for your Mother, I shall send charges to collect her. Please tell me where she is hidden," Sister Rachael explained.

 

"I can't just tell you. Without me being present, she may lash out," I countered.

 

"Do not fret over such worries. Our handlers are trained and experienced in handling monsters in your Mother's situation," Sister Diane said.

 

"I don't know, are you sure that these handlers can manage without me being there?" I asked.

 

"Leave it to our operators. Now, please, my good sir. Follow Sister Diane and myself," Sister Rachael said.

 

The sisters held their hands out for me to follow, but before they left, I watched the two remove their thigh-high boots.

 

"Please, good sir. May we ask that you remove your footwear? The Hall does not allow any patron or sister to wear any sort of footwear beyond the lower floor," Sister Rachel asked, bowing as she did. 

 

I'm a little hesitant to remove my footwear. Still, remembering that I am a guest here, and there's a good reason why the patron sisters are forbidden to wear them, I do so with no trouble. They wait for me to remove my leather boots; I nod, "As you wish, sisters!" They nod as I am not barefoot. The two sisters gesture for me to follow them.

 

  I took a deep breath and followed the two dainty nuns down the wide corridor of the Hall. As I walked, I took in the architecture and artwork lining the walls. I gladly followed the sisters, marveling at the intricate embroidery and delicate lacework of their long robes. The smooth wood panels gleamed in the light of the candles that flickered on each wall, casting shadows that danced across the ceiling and floors. A sense of calm and peacefulness settled over me as I walked behind my hosts.

 

 Pictures depicted various events, while others depicted prominent historical figures. I was in reverence at the exquisite paintings and decor of the Hall. This was my first time being inside a Holy State Hall. Most ordinary folk attended typical churches in their communities. Regular church services or mass wasn't for the Holy State. It was an organization dedicated to the real threat of monsters and the rarer demons. Most didn't know much about the order. 

 

All I knew was that all races of the world, like Elves, Orcs, Ogres, Dwarves, Fae, Tieflings, Drow, Half-Elves, Half, Orcs, Halflings, Goblins, Hobbits, and many other species, were welcome in these Halls. I was surprised to see so many sisters active at this time of night. It was nearly midnight already, and the Hall was full of life. Soon, the sisters brought me to a grand staircase that went up to the next floor. As we ascend the stairs, several clergywomen pass by us. I was getting a lot of side glances and awkward gazes the deeper I ventured into this grand cathedral. 

 

The one thing I noticed throughout all this was a telling notion that I'd yet to see any fathers or priests, let alone any Exorcist. Many sisters and mothers were going about their everyday routines. I assumed I was meeting the head mother of this Hall. After ascending several more floors, I found myself in another vast and spacious room that resembled a throne room. At the far side, a figure in white was kneeling with their back turned. Sister Rachael and Sister Diane slowly made their presence known to the figure.

3