Prologue – Destiny
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dreams transcend life by being unique, common or hereditary: they forge our destiny.

Destiny: a supernatural power that works in any being to the inevitable; a point to which, no matter how much one wants to modify it, everyone succumbs. They make mistakes, no one is special and not everyone fulfills their purpose.

They get in the way despite being formed by it. Others mock or deny our existence when they don't even know where theirs originated from.

Reality is chaos, so much so that each individual's chaos was insignificant; at least, since she appeared.

Is destiny a coincidence? Let's talk about when I was treated like a goddess, when I was one of them. They idolized me until, after generations, I was forgotten and replaced by fables.

It was also my fault, for adapting to their inventions and becoming introverted.

The temple where they idolized me was disappearing, as well as those I loved and worshiped me. That happiness only in my memories, forgotten even by the great-great-grandchildren.

I wasn't complaining, I had somewhere to rest and have fun; but could not overcome any loss. Even so, I admired them: each one radiated a different and variable color.

The trigger occurred when I was still worshiped, in one of the offerings: an exotic black drop. It was normal for me to receive food and precious stones; but this was new.

It made me happy because it seemed like a part of me. I kept it fondly for generations, until I made a mistake…; more like an oversight, because I'm never wrong.

I was playing late at night and was going to drink a glass of juice that I had next to me; the drop was always displayed close to my reach in a glass and, absent-mindedly, without taking my eyes off the screen, I drank from the wrong glass.

Who has not happened? It's normal to make mistakes… That it was irresponsible of me to keep a gift in a glass? It could be too, but I never thought it would happen.

As soon as I realized it, I tried to throw it up, but I ended up actually doing it. With the ground in a mess, I was happy to recover the drop; but it began to glow and take the shape of a girl with purple hair.

Scared… rather: courageous, I left the room and watched her. She was asleep and must have been smaller than me. Calm, my lips were capable of pronouncing vowels.

Because I was clever, I remembered an old saying from my temple: “Leave the child in the forest and he will meet his destiny”.

I transported her to the forest and, of course I wouldn't just leave, I painted her nails yellow for luck, gave her golden bandages that were given to me as an offering in the past and returned.

Thinking about it calmly, its origin was strange; by nature, children appeared from intercourse or from the stork. But I couldn't take care of her, especially with my introversion.

Idiot of me for not cursing that girl, who extinguished the only thing I loved.

It is true that I realized late, thinking that it was a conventional blizzard, that the electrical outage was temporary; but I got information from one of his subjects who entered my property: a red-haired man.

I made him talk to the white, with the truth. She had taken away his emotions so that he could exterminate humans for not possessing something called a soul, and eliminated the survivors thanks to someone who transmitted information through crows. In addition to snatching the black drop he was guarding, I used red on him to buy time and go where there were survivors.

I entered a house where there was a single young man, the floor was stained with blood from his coughing. He was sick, he didn't have much time left, I couldn't do anything for him other than mark him with pink, the one of harmony, at least I wanted his last moments to be like that.

As soon as I left, I heard some bells ringing in the direction of the mountain; but according to the information, there were survivors on the opposite side.

I slipped from rushing, and my body was paralyzed in the snow. I couldn't believe it, was it my fault? Why should what I loved be eradicated for not possessing that soul?

I gripped the snow tightly while holding back tears from the corners. It was, without a doubt, a declaration of war. If he was going to take away what I cared about, then I… had to do it too: I had to eradicate everything that had a soul.

That souls have color…, that misfortunes occur…, that a little girl has two different shades of hair, is it a coincidence?

If the world can change, this is the moment: a unique opportunity that only a fool would let go; that's destiny: a purpose towards a goal!!

0