Somehow we are here.
208 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

P@treon shoutouts -Henry hammond(♾️), Person(♾️) Devor 👑👑(Thank you for being the first member king)
Chris chalich, Danny york

-Tony stark POV-

The suit is complete and all it needs is a new paint job to kick some ass but I also need to fix the roof 'THUMP' a piece of the ceiling falls actuating my thoughts. I frown and focus on the TV playing some news about me not attending my own damn part. A party to which I wasn't invited by the way.

I take my McLaren F1 and ride till I reach the event, I get out of the car and throw the car keys to the vallet before I get inside and start to head for the bar, making short remarks to all the people I know and snide ones to people I haven't spent much time with (read slept with once).

I get to the bar and order myself some fine mix of alcohol instead of my usual straight out of the bottle approach when I notice a smaller unassuming guy approaches me as he introduces himself "Hello Mr.Stark, I am agent Coulson from Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division, I was assigned to debrief you on your escape from your captives" I raise my eyebrows in confusion but inside I still wonder why their name isn't SHIELD.

Another guy comes behind Coulson waving his hand "Hi I am also an agen..." But his words are cut off by Coulson "Intern..." Coulson levels a 'dont interrupt me look to his sidekick before he tells me "We couldn't reach you for the last two days, so I figured you would attend your party" I smile and tell him "Ofcourse I would attend my own party hahahah" but he didn't seem impressed so I tell him "your not fun".

Coulson still has that impenetrable smile as he tells me "My job doesn't allow it" I nod as I ask "So, what does SHIELD need" Coulson frowns in confusion and I realise my mistake of using an acronym they didn't know about. "What do you mean by SHIELD?" Coulson asks and I chuckle as I tell him "It's an acronym I made for your not so little organizations name" he nods before mouthing the word again in a low whisper.

I sigh in relief but he must still find it suspicious as he remarks "You made the acronym pretty fast" I give him a nervous chuckle as I bullshit "You know, sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" he nods as he tells me "All we need is a private conference so that we can get back to you on the details of your escape" I nod along as he tells me about the dates available on my schedule when we can discuss this and all of the stuff about my personal life that he shouldn't know.

But I wasn't really focused on that as I notice a beaty I didn't notice till now wearing a beautiful blue dress, I nod at Coulson and tell him "You know what buddy, we will keep in touch if you get back to me through my secretary" he nods and I walk towards said secretary to ask her for a dance.

I approach her and ask her "Would I have the wonderful oppurtunity to dance with you" she must have been startled by my appearance as she asks me "Tony, when did you coeme?" I grin as I tell her "Just now" I gesture with my hands to the floor and she asks me "Would it be proper for me to..." I shake my head as I take her hand and gently pull her into a dance, she started dancing slowly but a bit stiffly, so I tell her "You know enough about me to not be so scared you know" she relaxes a little and leans into the dance "It's just overwhelming dancing in a dress like this with my own Boss"

I nod along and complement "It's a very good dress" she smiles stiffly as she tells me "It was a gift" I give her a tight smile before I tell her "Happy birthday" she rolls her eyes as she tells me "Advanced happy birthday" I continue trying to stop the panic "...buy something for yourself with my card" she gives me a teasing grin as she answers "I already did" I raise my eyebrows in surprise as I ask "What did you bye?" She grins before telling me "This dress" I give her a flirty smile as I tell her "You know my taste"

The double innuendo must have been too much as she says "Can we go somewhere else, this room feels stuffy?" I nod and take her along to the balcony where she says "Oh my god, that was stressfull" I was surprised as I tell her sadly "I thought I was good at flirting" she quickly corrects me

"No, no that was good it's just..." I wait for her to form the sentence and she tells me "...I am your secretary and I am in this ridiculous dress acting like all the other secretary's who give their bosses under the desk blowies..." I quickly stop her by holding her shoulders "Woah woah, calm down there pepper look at me" she looks into my eyes and I notice the distance between us as I tell her "You are not my secretary because you are young hot and capable" she frowns as she asks me "I am not?" I grin as I tell her "It's because I felt a connection with you, it felt like we could be..." She cuts me off with "..friends" I smile awkwardly at that and was about to move away from her when the door to the balcony opens due to the wind and the music from inside trickles out

Heaven
When I held you again

The grip that was loosening became tight again an I held her closer to me.

How could
We ever just be friends

We can never just be friends, we cannot ignore how much we want each other any longer.

I would
Rather die than let you go

I held her close and I leaned in for a kiss.

Juliet to your Romeo

She returned the kiss and got close to me slowly.

How I heard you say
I would never fall in love again, until I found her

The song continued as I kissed her with a sense of longing instead of the usual passion I use and as I was holding her neck to pull her closer she put an arm between us and pushed me back and I did the gentlemenly thing and backed away.

She held her hand up with her eyes closed as she told me "I need to be much more drunk than I am for this" I nod and offer "I'll bring them up for you" she agrees as she lists of what she wants in the drink and wonder if she really wanted olives or did she want to gross me out of kissing her.

Time skip

I leave the party on my car with a conflicted expression as the words keep ringing in my head 'Who do you think filed the injunction against you Tony?' 'We need to deal with both sides of the fire if we want to keep afloat' 'how did the terrorists get a hold of your weapons in gulmira again?' I get into my lab and start to wear the Armor.

Time skip

I stand on the podium as the machines try to get the suit off me without actually hurting me when Pepper walks in "What the hell?" I wince as I tell her "This is not what it looks like" she still looks horrified as she mouths "Are those bullet marks?" I ignore her and once the suit is off I head to the pen drive and insert it into the terminal as I ask Jarvis "Tell me everything I need to know about who wanted me dead" Pepper asks me a little louder this time "Tony what is happening?".

I explain to her in the shortest way possible "My weapons are sold under the table to our enemies, I made a weapon that no one can use except me" she was about to say something when Jarvis interrupted us.

Jarvis: You might want to sit down for this sir.

I raise my eyebrows and sit as I watch the world crumble before me. The terrorists talked as if Obadiah Stane was a buddy they had differences with, like I was a job they had to do and that pissed me off more than the betrayal.

I quickly wear the still damaged suit and head for the Factory wear I know Obadiah must be, I land near the factory and walk inside to find the Section 14 where the his most prestigious weapon Onslaught is being built.

I search through the dark lab and find a pair of glowing eyes and sigh in relief that they didn't have a power source for that thing when a third light appears near the chest of Onslaught and the giant machines hand rises up to fire a missile which I dodge by flying out of the factory as the factory blows up in a fiery explosion.

-PETER POV-

The news played out infront of me "Officer Jefferson Davis has revealed some new information about the case of Excessive use of force on vigilante Spiderman during the Bank heist 4 weeks ago, he presented new evidence suggesting that what the officer claimed was a warning shot could have actually killed our resident Superhero Spiderman if not for his Armor, the prosecution has taken this notice and called for further investigation into this matter....".

My eyes start to tear as the world finally saw what actually happened, they finally know that I would have died if not for the suit, that all the time I ignored criminals, that all the time I stopped myself from helping people wasn't because of my ego or something else but because I was scared, I was genuinely scared of dying again and not having a third chance, of loosing another family, of loosing everything.

I wasn't angry, I was scared. I talk to Billy for a while laughing, crying, happy, sad and all the other things before she tells me "I actually wrote a song while I was bored" I ask her in surprise "really?" She laughs as she asks me "Wanna hear it?" I say excitedly "please, sing it for me" she clears her thought but an explosion interrupts us and I rush to the balcony from where I can see a blazing fire at the Stark Headquarters.

Shit is going down somehow!

14