Need To Be A Strong Weak Man
189 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 Days Later

-PETER POV-

I was chilling by the pool with half of my body covered in bandages like a mummy, I tried to grab the cold drink that has been set just past my reach. Doing that with both hands and legs working is hard but here I am trying to grab it with a single hand, I almost felt my hands touch it before I gave up.

'I just wanted a drink man' I look around at everyone around me and find that most are minding their own buisiness, so I slowly inch my hand as close as I could to the drink before I ready myself to fire a web but a hand slaps mine down before handing me the drink, I look up to find V glaring at me angryly "I thought you were supposed to rest" I gestured to my body as I asked her "have I ever been more rested" she pinches her brows as she tells me "get back to your room" I sigh as I set the drink aside before using my one good hand to lift my body back into my wheel chair with a bit of calisthenic efforts.

I look up to find V confused "I thought you didn't have your powers?" I put on the sun glasses as I tell her "I don't, that was just me" she throws a small paper ball at me which I couldn't dodge so I ask her "why did you throw that?" She clicked her tongue as she muttered "Just testing" I gasp as I say out loud "WOOOWW, Testing if I still have my powers V that isn't insensitive at all" I glare at her as she grins without any shame.

She pushes my wheelchair as she asks "So, did Billie and you get sorted out?" I grin as I tell her "Yes and I'm going to get a reward for it soon" she makes a gagging sound before she fingers my ribs making me wince "You are not going to have any fun with these" she pinches it a little more to prove her point as I struggle to get her arm off with a single hand.

"Next time, try not to tell me about your love life" She says as we enter the elevator, I nod with fear because my ribs can't take any more bruising than they already have. Thank god Tony Stark covered for the hospital bill, I don't think 8 broken ribs, a punctured lung, broken arm and legs would be a bill I could foot without going bankrupt.

The elevator stops at the 100th floor and some random dudes get in, they were already on my shitlist with their loud voices and shitty 90's bully looks "Yeah and then she was all over me trying to get that D hehehe" I was trying my best to ignore their incessant chatter and obnoxious laughs but they started to notice us finally "Hey isn't that V" or more specifically V.

They start to get closer as they ask "What are you doing with a cripple like this V?" I smile as I thought I'd never have to face these cartoony villians but here I am. They start to get closer to V as my wheelchair is pushed out of her hands, I watch as V yells out in annoyance when one of their hands reaches for her "I don't want to hang out with you loosers just get away from me" I grin as that's all the reason I needed. I grab the shirt of the guy behind me and throw him forward, the wheelchair moves back from the momentum and I slam into one of the guys, crushing him between me and the wall of the elevator.

I grab the final guy by his collar and pull him down making his head hit the floor. I look around at the three guys in various positions of unconscious, I grab the shades from the kid behind me and put them on for cool points when V says "Why the hell did you do that?" I look at her with one raised brow "They were bothering you" She pushes my wheelchair as she tells me "and I would have handled them myself" I smiled as I knew she could have handled herself as she has been taking martial arts classes ever since The Bus incident.

But I just needed a reason to hit someone and now that I don't have my powers, I could hit harder without any fear of what might happen when I hit too hard and that felt refreshing yet weak, it felt weak to be at the mercies of my power, it felt weak when I had to put effort on beating these random riff raff and if not for there being some power still left in me, I look back at V and see her smiling like a loon so I ask her "What?" She giggles as she asks me "Who even wears shades inside?" I remove the shades as I laugh along with her.

I don't want that smile on her face to go away just because I was weak without my powers, I will do something about it after I heal and even though I am covered in bandages, I can feel the cracked skin stiching back together with a slight itch everyday. I would be fully healed by the end of the weak and I'll find a way to be strong without my powers and no it doesn't involve guns.

-POV Tony Stark-

Pepper was getting me ready for the press with some makeup "If you wanted to play Makeup with me you should have said so" she pulled the bandage off a little too hardly and I had to ask her "ouch was that revenge for leaving you hanging or for the joke?" She did a thin lipped smile as she tried to explain "If I wanted revenge, I don't have to do much other than resign and your life will fall apart" I wince as I tell her "I can live by myself" She smiles as she asks me "what's your social security number?" I open my mouth as I try "it starts with 1" I had to admit defeat as I hold her hands close to my face and kiss them.

"Give us a chance" She looked into my eyes for a second before she pulled her hand s back as she told me "We will talk..." I was about to ask her 'when' but she continued "...after the press conference, where you will follow these cards" I look at them describing the demise of one Obadiah Stane on an offshore boat and two experimental robots fighting on the streets.

I look up at her in disbelief as I ask "who wrote these?" She was about to reply before Coulson came in as he said "I did" I ask him "are you sure the press will buy it?" He smiles as he tells me "All I can say is a lot of people didn't have as normal a death as they say" I smirk at that before I ask him horrified "How did MJ die?" Coulson looked down as he told me "That is classified" I gasp as I tell him "That means he didn't die normally. Michael fucking Jackson didn't die normally, there was some fucking weird shit involved holy shit" Pepper was not impressed as she told me "Don't be so surprised Tony it happens all the time".

I gave them both disbelieving looks as I muttered sarcastically "Yeah sure it happens all the time, the king of fucking pop dies in a weird way but all we know is that he died of prescription meds, yeah sure that is fine" they leave my hysterical self as they exit while pepper asks him "So did you change up the name of your organization mister Coulson?" Coulson replied with "Yes ms.potts, it's shield now" I yelled distractedly "I'll copyright the name" but they ignored me.

I look back at the cards and remember Spiderman's sacrifice, his willingness to die for the right cause and I didn't want him to be left out of the tale to hide my own involvment so I left for the press with the cards in my pocket and a different set of words in my mind. I climb the stage and stand infront of the podium as the press looks at me I tell them "you can ask questions and I will answer as truthfully as I can" Coulson immediately looks alarmed but does nothing to stop me.

One Christine Everheart asks me "People say Spiderman and you were involved in the fight, is that true?" I immediately laugh as I say "Are you trying to say I am a hero?" She shakes her head as she says "I wasn't" That hurt and that would be true because I am not a hero anyway but It is what I want to be and I have done enough to claim the title so I don't hesitate as I say "The truth is I am Iron Man"

7