Fighting for the dead.
137 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a thorough conversation(Nagging) with the teacher about the improper use of toys to promote something very bad for our age or something like that, we were let off after some time as she carried Flash to the infirmary. Ned looked at me as he asked me "Where did you get those cigarette lollypops again?" I grin as I tell him "Online" and we walk to our class in companionable silence.

We attended all of our classes and were about to go back home when I got a call from an unknown number, I picked it up only to hear Billie's frightened voice "Peter, please save me" My blood ran cold as I try my best to not crush the phone in panic "Tell me where you are?" she cries as she tells me "I don't know, the last I remember was..." *SLAP* "..That's enough bitch. hey kid you need to get to address '##&$@/' on allen street, Alone. if you don't..." I hear another slap as Billie screams.

I close my eyes as I think of how much suffering I can inflict on a person without killing them as he says "...You know what will happen." I open my eyes as I tell him "I am coming and can I know your name please" The person laughs as he says "What a polite kid, My name is Twain, you have five minutes to come here" I cut the call and slump down into the ground as Ned asks me "Peter, PETER what happened? Peter?" I try my best to control whatever ounce of power left in me from making my nails dig into my palm but I fail at that as find Ned yelling at me "PETER, Come on man you gotta snap out of it" That doesn't bring me out of it but the slap he gave me does.

I look at Ned with a defeated look as he asks me "Now tell me what happened or I will slap you again" I stammer as I explain "That Russian guy I saved at Mr. Allen's baker, do you remember him" Ned looks confused as he asks me "Yes, that guy was taken away by the police wasn't he" I nod as tell him "He had some information that he put in my pocket" Ned looks scared as he says loudly "What?is he dumb? Why did he do that?" I shake my head as I tell him "It doesn't matter, they have Billie and I have to save her" I get up and start walking towards the parked cars as Ned yells at me "Are you crazy? They will eat and spit you out. We have to get the police involved, they'll know what to do"

I stop beside Flash's car as I hold Ned's head in my hands "Listen to me Ned, Billie is in danger and I don't give a rats ass about if I will die or not, all I care about is her safety" Ned looked like he would argue more so I yelled at him "NED" Ned stopped to look into my eyes as I ask him "I need your help Ned, Will you help me?" He tries to look away from me but I stop him and he says "Yes, I will" I nod at that and break the window of Flash's car and open the door while I tell him "I want you to go to my home and bring me the black 16GB thumb drive from under my shoe box, I hid it inside my black and red underwear, get it to this addres while I go and try to negotiate for Billie" Ned falters at my last words as I hot wire the car which kickstarts the engine.

Ned asks me concerned "Are you sure you have to go there? Peter, they can kill you." I give him a tight smile as I tell him "Oh they'll fucking try" as I drive away, hitting the curb to bounce the vehicle onto the road as I speed up and take the turn with a really big drift and I kept on driving like a maniac until I reached the location they have told me about because if I don't reach there in time, I would never be able to forgive myself.

I hit the pedal to the metal and broke enough traffic laws to probably make Flash lose all his inheritance money but I'll pay the bills if I have to. I turn, I twist, I jump, I bump and I reach my destination of an old abandoned warehouse. I recognize it as the place where those two crooks were talking about a kid they had to kill, I gulp as I knock on the door waiting for a response and I get one in the form of a hand grabbing me and pulling me inside the warehouse where I get thrown forward onto the ground.

I look up to find some big dude looking down at me with pity as he says "Good grief what the heck did you do Kid" I look at the ground as I act like I don't know what I did "I don't know yet" He chuckled as he grabbed me by my shoulder to pull me up and pat me down as he says "You must have done something real bad because the big man is pissed off" I ignore his remark as he starts to search for any weapons on me once he finishes patting me down he says "No weapons, that's surprising" I look ahead at the door as I say "I knew you would have some anyway" He laughs again as he hits my head while muttering "Smartass".

I ignore him as I enter the hallway where at least 30 people are standing on both sides of the hallway, I slowly walk forward and ask the guy escorting me "Where is Billie?" The guy laughs as he says "That feisty girl, yeah we killed her" My steps falter as my breath hitches and my body loses all tension it held till now. I feel the blood rushing to my brain as all the noises fade away. I stand still as the time slows down to a crawl.

I hear a voice yell "Move along kid" and I move to action.

-POV Twain-

I watched through the CCTV as Mike told the kid that the girl was dead and I watched as the kid froze in what looked like fear...is what I thought before the kid grabbed the hammer from a nearby goon before hitting him with the hammer, he ran forward and ducked the wild swing of the first guy to hit the second guy in the stomach who falls. Then the kid stands up and kicks the guy holding a steel pipe only for another goon to swing at him with a wooden board, the kid swerves left and delivers a hit to the goon's spine with the hammer.

The fat guy tries to swing forward with his fists but the kid grabs his hand and slams the hammer into his elbow. The next guy that swings at the kid with a steel bar gets his wrist broken with the hammer before the kid grabs him by the neck and pulls him to the wall so that he can lean back on the wall, the kid swings wildly as he realizes that he is surrounded on both sides, he pushes the guy he was holding to the front of the hallway into the crowd as the fat guy throws a wild kick from the back which the kid catches before breaking his knee with the hammer.

But while he was pushing away the fat guy, he got hit in the back which disoriented the kid and the goons took the chance to grab him by his arms and throw him back into the crowd of goons who immediately surrounded him, I watch as the kid curls up on the floor being kicked and shoved around before he grabs a guys by his thighs and pushes him back which allows him to push back the goons on his left. The kid turns around to find the fat guy heading for him again so he slams the hammer into his stomach making him go down.

But it was all for naught as a skinny guy slams another wooden stick onto his back hard enough to break it. The kid falls in pain and they start kicking him again but this time the kid slams the hammer on their feet making some of them step back before one of them wisens up and jams a knife into his back, the kid screams and stays still, curled up in a fetal position.

All of them take a breather and I wipe the sweat off my brow as I can finally rest easy knowing that the kid is done with. I call boss's numbers and tell him "The kid is done for, boss" he gives me a rushed "Good" as he gives me new orders to rush to the top of the building across the street "Why?" I ask in confusion but all he says is "Just do what I say" I cut the call as I mutter to myself "That's all I have been doing recently anyways."

-Third person POV-

Peter Parker lost the fight the moment he thought he had the strength of a thousand men. That's what his master has told him many times 'to remember your weakness, not your strength' he couldn't listen because he had been strong for as long as he could remember in this life but when all external power is stripped away and you are left with naught but what God gave you, you will fail because what you have isn't perfect and even if it is perfect it can't win a fight against your limit or can it?

Peter stays bowed down as his spine hurts like hell with the knife sticking out of his back, any movement might send pangs of pain across his body, he was bruised, broken and so so angry. One of the goons checks his pulse to see if he is dead only for Peter to rise from his suffering to grab the hand daring to get close to him and throw him to the people on the left side of the corridor, he then rushes them in the hopes of getting through them. Peter faces resistance in the form of some of them trying to fight back but the first swing of a rod is ducked making him go behind Peter, the next thug gets a kick to his stomach before Peter moves forward.

The person behind Peter goes for another wild swing to Peters's back only for Peter to magically move forward making the iron rod hit the wall and break due to the rust, Peter hits the next thug with a one-two punch before running forward and away from everyone to stand on the far end of the hallway with no one behind him, he takes a couple of deep breathes as he leans on the wall before he stands straight again as he observes the mob before him, he moves forward with purpose as the thugs move back and flinch in fear.

He delivers quick one-two punches straight to the face of the first one before ducking a kick and hitting him straight in the nose. The next punch is blocked and three punches are delivered to the thug's face before he goes down, the fat guy from before who is still somehow standing pisses off Peter more thathe than ever, so he blocks the fat guy's punch by interlocking their elbows before delivering strong hits straight to his kidneys which finally incapacitate him.

The next few people left try there luck but a few quick punches are all they get before they fall with a concussion. As he fights Peter slowly senses more punches coming from behind him and dodges become easier. The punches stop hurting his wrists and the enemiethe s become fewer and fewer and fewer.

Before he knew it Peter was standing alone or as alone as he could be with 30 unconcious people all around him, he was sure none of them were dead, he was very sure but the one responsible for Billie would die no matter what and the man who knows about it is currently unavailable. Peter approaches the unconcious fellow and starts slapping as hard as he could, the guy doesn't wake up until the forth slap.

The thug Mike wakes up with a gasp and Peter holds his throat in a choke as he asks him "Why did you kill her?" In a low whisper only for the thug to immediately tell him "She is alive, she is alive" Peters hand that was holding the knife stills as he drops the knife to hold the thug by the collar as he asks him "You said you killed her" but the thug wheezes out "I was joking" Peter let his collar go to tell him "Your fucking joke cost you 30 injured men, don't joke with people's lives now tell me where she is?" The thug tells him the directions and Peter let's him go.

-Twain POV-

I might be late for the meeting that boss asked me to attend but when you gotta take a shit, you gotta take a shit. I got into the elevator and waited for it to reach the top floor where boss asked me to meet him, right after this I'll go to the floor below to enjoy the girl we kidnapped to my heart's content before killing her off, what a sad love tale it is, dead because the guy wanted to be a hero. I don't know where he got the strength and skill from but now that he is dead I don't have to worry about anything else from now.

I will probably meet the Kingpin soon if the city is going to need ruling, he needs to choose his lord's and I am the best lord there could have been if not for this final kid who cost me my chance, I'll be sure to take some of my anger on his girlfriend and then maybe his family.

I reach the top of the tower only to find the kid standing in the middle of a ruined room with bodies strewn around, leaning on the girl we kidnapped for support. I look into his hateful eyes and think to myself "Shit"

 

Authors Note: I rushed the end of the first Volume so that I can end it at the 69th chapter. Volume 2 has already started and I skipped last week to have more backup chapters incase I am not available to write some.

10