A New Day
122 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun shines its golden rays on my face, with the morning dew finding itself on my window glass. The world felt awfully quiet for me after what happened yesterday, a four-hour war with 40 people makes even the New York traffic seem peaceful. I yawn as I look beside me to find Billie sleeping peacefully, after the kind of evening and night we had I was expecting that from her.

I watched her slowly breathe as her skin glowed under the sunlight, I kissed her cheek before I got out of the covers to stand in front of the window looking over the streets as the morning breeze caresses my naked skin, I shivered from the cold but stay there as I look at my body and the ghosts of the injuries that should be there haunt my mind but all I find is smooth skin, I don't know what happened but my powers came back during or after the fight because I don't remember my webs being capable of holding someone the size of kingpin after I got cancer.

Speaking of I need to get a checkup with Tony's doctor about this if I have to know exactly what happened, I look at the blue and red flashing by on the road, I did notice them when I was kissing Billie last night but ignored them to taste the sweet nectar that my goddess was. I didn't have more than 4 weeks of peace, 4 weeks without having to be concerned about what people might do without me.

Peaceful days without having to hear a purse snatcher, a rapist, a thug, a dealer, a crook are once again gone as I have to hear and ignore the pleas of every person there is if I want to have some semblance of peace 'but a heart of rock I cannot make for my heart aches all the same.' Damn I'm being all emotional about it now but I don't have a choice do I, it's hard to ignore what your ears hear, what your eyes see, what your heart feels and my ears hear more and my eyes see far.

The police cruisers have been having a field day and I love it, Ned reached them in time it seems as they are flying across the city to capture all the stashes of drugs there are, this will be prestigious and unprecedented and the credit will go to George Stacy and Jefferson Davis for being truthful to their work. From now on Spiderman will not be needed anymore....I hear a wail of a woman being beaten by her husband 'Maybe the Spirit of Spiderman should live on' I look behind me and find that Billie has woken up, I put aside my thoughts and smile at her as I ask her "Did I wake you up?".

She shook her head as she cracked her back making me see two globes once the blanket fell, the sight was enough to make little Peter wake up, I dodged the first pillow before catching the second one thrown at me as Billie covered herself "I don't want another fight with Little Peter, I am tired from last night" I ignore her remark and run as fast as I can before jumping into the bed with her, she looks at me in anger and excitement as I kiss her as I say "Well, he isn't little Peter anymore" she laughs and I was about to do more when the phone rings and I pick it up annoyed.

"Peter where are you?Officer Jefferson has held me here all night asking me about where I got the pen drive from" I blink as I ask him "They didn't let you leave once they heard my name" The line stays silent for a moment before he says as calmly as he can "YOU FUCKER THEY HELD ME HERE AFTER I TOLD THEM YOUR NAME, THEY HELD ME HERE AND CHECKED ME FOR ALCOHOL, DRUGS, INSANITY AND EVERY AILMENT UNDER THE SUN BEFORE THEY LOCKED ME IN THIS INTERROGATION ROOM" He pauses to breathe as I look at the phone wide-eyed as he continues "NOW GET YOUR ASS HERE IF YOU WANT TO LIVE" I try to explain to him in a low whisper "Why did you even tell them my name, they have been on edge since our drunk singing debacle?"

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

The call cuts and I'm sitting there looking at the phone with a lot more fear than I thought I would have, I look back at Billie and sigh as if I'd have to leave all hot and bothered. I slowly dress up as she asks me "Where are you going?" I grin as I tell her "To the police station" Her eyes widen before she asks me "Wait, where are your scars?" I smile and wink at her as I put on my shirt buttons "Sleeping with the princess has healed both my soul and body" She smiles and turns away to sleep on the bed as she tells me "Well, don't get hurt again because the princess can't take anymore sleeping" I laugh as I close the door behind me yelling "You know that isn't true".

I go down to the hotel lobby and tell the receptionist "The room is booked as long as the lady stays---Oh and here this is for a cab when she leaves, take the rest as a tip" The woman nods as fast as a cheetah as she looks at the $100 bill in her hand. I go out on the street and notice a slight change in the world, everything looks a little different to me, not like my eyesight or any filter but the whole world is feeling a little.... reversed.

"Indeed it is Mr. Parker, or should I say.." I look behind me to find the only person whocan pull these shinanigans, I am mostly afraid of her because she might know I'm not of this world but she smiles as she asks me "... Spiderman" I sigh in relief only inside my heart as doing so infront of her might give the ruse away, with the amount of people who know that I am Spiderman slowly increasing in number, I don't care if she knows.

I still widen my eyes for bullshit effect and she seems to buy it as she continues "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me" 'Just like yours in mine' I wanted to say but I had to stop myself from giving out more information than I want to.
She folds her arms behind her back as she tells me "I am the ancient one, I have come here to question you?" I wanted to be serious, I really did but it was a chance of a lifetime, to act dumb infront of the oldest person on earth(Fact check that).

So I act as I should "If all you wanted was an interview you could have asked me, madamousile" I bend forward with my arms spread before I approach her and sign my name on her yellow Shaolin, monk coat or whatever. She can probably wash it away with a thought but her is what I will invade with an intro like this. I watch as she looks at the autograph for a few moments before she tells me "Why do you have a permanent marker on you?" I smirk as I tell her "What Marker?" as I make the marker disappear Into my nose.

She looks at me in silence for a second before waving her hand to erase the mark before she asks me "What happened?", I look around at the sky, the road, the coffe shop sign, everything was frozen and reversed I shrug as I tell her "Everthing froze as you can do it seems" she smiles as she Sks me again "What happened to 'YOU'" The emphasis on 'YOU' was noticed by me so I tell her "I am the same old Peter just with new powers " she looks amused as she asks me "There are many timelines in which you are very different but for some reason in this one and this one alone are you a lot more competent, you hit harder, dodge faster.

I shrug as I nonchalantly tell her "It is all spider powers" but she doesn't believe me and pushes once again "Perhaps, but such a large change in your demeanor is concerning" I look at the buildings all around me, every one is living their peaceful lives with an utter contempt for any earthly problems yet here I am facing the divine punishment, I look at her feet as I ask "What will you do then, kill me, have me Buried in the Himalayas, I don't like the cold you hear me."

She gives me a small smile as she tells me "Nothing Peter Parker, you don't deserve any judgement on my part but what I am actually here for was a small diamond, in the museum over there. It contains a lot of spirits which wod come back if left unattended" I nod along with her as the Breeze drifts on bye before I ask her "So your contemplating a hiest" The ancient one gives me a mellow smile as she tells
me "Yes, something of that sort"

5