1 | Heaven’s Tears
100 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sinner’s fate reached her final verdict. Shallow breath came out trembling. One of her arm ripped off like a straw doll. Dark inkling of blood pooled around her. The sinner leaned her back against a charred tree. Red crimson eyes tiredly cast over the silence before her. Moths of flames danced around the burning field of a once emerald forest. The battle swept everything into a raging wave of crimson flames. Smokes raised and closed off the heaven with a thick, dark veil shrouded with the ominous death.

The sinner held out her hand up. Upon her gaze at the blood painted on her pale skin, the memory of the battle flashed. It was the same hand plunged right through the heart of her kin she once called as a friend. His proud ruby eyes gazed into her fury crimson eyes.

“Wrath, you can’t save us.” Pride’s last words repeated inside her head.

Among the seven sinners, she was the last one standing to see the end of this cycle. Fated to see the end of this story. Alone against the last judgment.

A chime of bells echoed the silence. The sinner perked her head up to see which idiot dared entered the slumber of the dead. Her sight blurred as she tried to find the voice. She lost too much blood. As the reaper held its hands closed to her sight, a candlelight shone pure white. It slowly approached her, chasing the death away. A hand tucked the curtain of her hair away from her face. The hand was large, yet gentle. A touch she was unfamiliar. It was weird she didn’t want to push the hand away instead; she sought more of its comfort.

Streaks of light pierced through the darkness and touched the land like hands of prayers. Life returned to the living. Crimson eyes met the blue sky. The heaven finally opened its gate. A place where the sinners can’t reach beyond death. Instead, she belonged in the abyss, beckoning her to return for a long slumber of loneliness. A suitable home for a sinful being.

She turned to the man who remained by her side. “Would you pray for me?”

He said nothing.

She chuckled, knowing well it was a stupid request from a sinner. “Although it is understandable, since I caused so much of your people’s suffering. I could have stopped this tragic fate from happening, but I’ve had always made the wrong choice. A sinner can’t do the right thing, no matter how hard we tried. We are what we are, a tainted mistake.”

The man gently clasped his rough hands with hers.

“I truly am sorry for everything. I should have done more, but I’m not the savior.” She was about to return his gripped but she had no strength left. If only she could have at least seen the face of her guest.

“Ethel,” the sinner whispered, “Pray for this sinner, dearest light.”

Before departing into the abyss, a drop of tears from heaven kissed the cheek of a sinner. It had never rained before. The heaven should be cheering in a radiant light when the sinner finally received her judgment. The heaven would never cry for a sinner.

7