Chapter 19: The Headmistress’s Request
48 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke to the sound of Windy's cheerful voice, her small figure leaping into my arms. "Good morning, Mommy!" she beamed.

"Good morning, sweetheart," I replied, returning her hug warmly before setting her down. "Did you sleep well?"

Windy nodded, her eyes sparkling. "Mmh! Can I play with Freya again today?"

"That's up to Freya and your Mama May," I said, glancing towards them.

Freya, ever the gentle guardian, responded, "I'd be delighted to, Princess. What do you think, Master May?"

May's tone held a blend of seriousness and affection. "Sure, but remember, Freya and I have magic training, and we're meeting the Headmistress later."

Windy's pout quickly turned into a smile. "Yes, Ma'am. Thank you, Mama May," she said, embracing May.

Sasha, a hint of shyness in her voice, spoke up. "May I suggest, my Darling, that just the two of us take on this request?"

Aria, curious as always, inquired, "Why's that, Sasha?"

Sasha's cheeks flushed as she explained, "I've been longing for some alone time with Emily. We'll call for help if needed."

Aria's playful tease lightened the mood. "Fine by me. But next time, I'm joining my Darling Master."

I turned to May, seeking her agreement. "Is that okay with you, my Darling May?"

May's determination was evident in her voice. "Absolutely, Dear. It's a good chance to focus on my new powers."

After breakfast, Sasha and I headed to the Headmistress's office. Upon entering, Headmistress Sue greeted us with a mix of warmth and solemnity.

"Professor Clark mentioned you have a request for us," I said, an undercurrent of anticipation in my voice.

Headmistress Sue offered her condolences with heartfelt sincerity. "It's tragic about Sister Maria. Such a loss for us all."

"Thank you, Headmistress," I replied, feeling Sasha's comforting grip. "She was a remarkable witch and friend."

Sasha added, her voice tinged with sadness, "She'll always be in our hearts."

Headmistress Sue's advice was nurturing yet profound. "Keep those dear to you close, in this world or beyond."

"We will always," I affirmed, feeling a surge of resolve.

Shifting to the task at hand, Headmistress Sue outlined our mission. "Just the two of you for this request? Well, with the 'Dragon Slaying Witch of Legend' and her search magic, I'm confident in your abilities."

Accepting the request with professionalism, I stated, "Emily Clark and Sasha Long, at your service."

Headmistress Sue's laughter was a welcome break. "Off to the guild then, for more details."

The academy corridors buzzed with whispers as we passed, the weight of my title ever-present.

At the guild, Mable's warmth was a comforting presence. "Emily! Sasha! Good to see you both!"

"We're here for a mission," I gently reminded her after the heartfelt greetings.

Mable provided the details. "Two students, twins Ava and Emma, missing in the dungeon. Blonde, green-eyed, in uniform."

With Mable's concern echoing in our ears, Sasha and I left, ready for the task ahead.

As we approached the dungeon, Sasha broke the silence. "Nervous?"

"A bit," I confessed. "I just hope we're not too late."

Sasha's confidence was reassuring. "We'll find them. We're strong together."

3