Chapter 39
113 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Ginryu went about his dubious endeavours, Yoriichi sat quietly, watching his children at play. 

Uncertain of how to engage with them, he struggled to find the right words. 

For almost eight long years, he had sought vengeance against demons for the torment they had wrought upon his wife who was dead and his offspring whom he thought were dead. 

Yet now, faced with his children before him, his once unrelenting drive to hunt down demons began to waver, if only slightly. 

Thoughts of settling down with his family in peace crept into his mind, but he knew deep down that he could not let his guard down; the demons would never cease their pursuit. 

In the midst of this inner conflict, there lingered a shadowy figure named Ginryu in his thoughts, who had saved his children from death. 

Yoriichi harboured doubts about Ginryu's true intentions, wary of his inhuman nature. 

He grappled with the uncertainty surrounding the night of his wife's death, fearing that delving into the truth might jeopardize his already fragile relationship with his children. 

Through his extraordinary ability, the "Transparent World," Yoriichi had peered into the inner workings of Ginryu's body. 

To his surprise, Ginryu appeared almost human internally, save for a few peculiar modifications. 

This seemingly normal-looking enigmatic being had managed to defeat the formidable demon progenitor Muzan, prompting Yoriichi to question his own capabilities in a potential showdown. 

“Hey, Hey” Hikari called out, the ball she and her brother Hikaru were playing with had rolled towards Yoriichi. 

As Yoriichi pondered these weighty thoughts, his daughter Hikari's innocent voice broke through his reverie. 

Startled, he engaged with his children, albeit awkwardly. “Ah, here you go” Yoriichi replied, handing the ball to her. 

“Hey, are you really our father” Hikari seriously asked. 

“I am” Yoriichi seriously replied. 

“Then where have you been all these years” Hikaru innocently asked joining the conversation. 

“I….” Yoriichi was at a loss for words, feeling a pang of guilt for his prolonged absence from their lives even though he just found out that they were alive. 

Hikaru and Hikari’s probing questions about his absence struck a chord within Yoriichi, prompting a mix of emotions and uncertainty. 

“What are you all talking about” Ginryu suddenly questioned, he had just returned home. 

The sudden arrival of Ginryu added a new layer of complexity to the situation, his imposing presence further unsettling the already tense atmosphere. 

“Hmm, I can make a few assumptions of what happened based on your expressions” Ginryu said. 

In truth, he had overheard a few bits and pieces of their conversation when he arrived home. 

He was just trying to act mysterious and cool. 

“Alright, I have decided. You all will stay in the same room and talk” Ginryu announced. 

“Eh, why” Hikari complained. 

“This is not a request but an order” Ginryu seriously replied. 

“But …” Hikaru wanted to complain but stopped talking as Ginryu sent him a menacing glare. 

The twins knew not to make Ginryu angry, his punishments were quite brutal. 

Yoriichi just sat there observing the interaction between his children and Ginryu. 

He was a bit jealous of their relationship though he himself didn’t realize that fact. 

He could interact well with his friends' children yet seemed to be struggling with his own. 

With calculated decisiveness, Ginryu mandated that Yoriichi divulge the truth to his children, a move that left Yoriichi feeling both apprehensive and cornered. 

“I…” Yoriichi wanted to say something, but Ginryu interjected him. 

“Man up and speak, the children can handle it” Ginryu said, silencing Yoriichi. 

It has been less than a day since he met his children, but things were moving so fast. 

As the night unfolded, Yoriichi found himself confined with his children, tasked with unveiling his past and the truths they were ready to comprehend. 

In this confined space, surrounded by expectant gazes, Yoriichi grappled with where to begin his tale, aware that the revelations to come would shape the course of their future together.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

Yoriichi sat in the room with his children, feeling a mix of emotions swirling inside him. He looked at Hikari and Hikaru, their innocent faces eager to hear his story. 

Taking a deep breath, he began to speak. "Children, I know I have been absent for a long time, and I apologize for that. There are things I need to tell you, things that might be hard to understand," Yoriichi started, his voice filled with a hint of sorrow. 

He recounted the tragic events that led to their mother's death, his relentless pursuit of demons fueled by vengeance. 

Yoriichi spoke of the darkness that consumed him, the emptiness that gnawed at his soul as he sought to avenge his family. 

But as he looked at his children, he felt a glimmer of hope stir within him. 

"I have been hunting demons for years, but in doing so, I lost myself. I lost sight of what truly matters," Yoriichi admitted, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. 

"But now, being here with you, I realize that there is more to life than just seeking revenge." Hikari and Hikaru listened intently, their young minds trying to grasp the weight of their father's words. 

They could see the pain etched on his face, the burden he carried for so long. And in that moment, a sense of understanding bloomed between them.

As Yoriichi continued to open up to his children, sharing his fears, his regrets, and his hopes for the future, he felt a sense of catharsis wash over him. 

The walls he had built around his heart began to crumble, replaced by a newfound sense of connection with his family. 

Ginryu, who had been listening from outside the room, felt a sense of satisfaction knowing that he had facilitated this moment of reconciliation. 

Despite his enigmatic nature, he understood the importance of family bonds and the healing power of forgiveness. 

As the night wore on, Yoriichi and his children talked late into the hours, sharing stories, laughter, and tears. 

And in that shared space of vulnerability and honesty, they found a new beginning, a chance to forge a brighter future together. 

The dawn broke with a sense of renewal in the air, as Yoriichi embraced his children, his heart lighter than it had been in years. 

And as they looked towards the horizon, a sudden wave of sleepiness suddenly overcame them. 

They had said all the words that needed to be said and were all exhausted.

10