Chapter 42
87 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Status Screen:

True Name: ?????? ????? ???? Lucian.  

Current Name: Kuroki Ginryu.

Current Base Race: Mutated Demon Progenitor.

System Access: Level: 1

True Race: ??? 

Genetic Alignment: Beast

Age: 744

Condition: Healthy.

Health: 4110/4110

Stamina: 4110/4110

Neutral Energy: 37600/37600 

Dimensional energy: 33841/??? (181/yr)

Calorie Bar: 15.85M/???

Strength: IV (392)

Constitution: IV (411)

Dexterity: IV (388)

Agility: IV (367)

Neutral Energy: IV (379)

Spirit: IV (389)

Racial Skills: 

Were-Beast Transformation (Stage One: 73%)+: A skill that enables the user to take the form of any ordinary beasts stored within genome. Higher stages available when certain conditions are fulfilled. (Do note that the hosts transformations is limited to; Mammals, Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians and Fishes) 

Form 1: Full Beast Humanoid Combat Transformation. 

Form 2: Partial Beast Humanoid Transformation. 

Form 3: Full Beast Transformation.  

Calorie Storage (Max): Stores excess calories from consumed food into special cells for expenditure.

Bloodline Extraction (Max): By devouring the heart or blood of any beast, extracts their form and abilities.  

Bloodline Storage (Max): Store information on various beast forms and abilities within genes.

Bloodline Enhancement (Level: 1)+: ????(Locked). 

Enhanced Regeneration (Level: 2)+: By burning a moderate amount of calories or energy, user can heal from any physical wounds. 

Abnormal Resistance (Level: 2)+: Enables the user to resist intermediate grade abnormal conditions.

Selective Bloodline Propagation (Max): This ability enables the user to share some the powers of his bloodline. 

By willingly feeding a creature that is both sentient and sapient users blood. User grants one inheritable beast transformation to target based on compatibility. 

(Secondary effect: An absolute instinctual hierarchy is created amongst those who are granted power from the users blood based on the potency of blood used to create them.)Warning, changes the race of the target.

Mutated Biokinesis (Level: 2)+: Grant’s the user the ability to manipulate all body functions on a microscopic level.  Effects extend to beast transformations. 

Aura of the Beast-Lord (Level: 3)+:  Exude an intangible aura of that intimidates weaker enemies and increases charisma of allies. (Current range 30 meters).

Acquired Skills: 

Universal Language (Max): enables the user to understand and use various known languages stored within the system.

Dimensional Travel (Max)+: By expending a certain amount of dimensional energy, user can move to a new world within the system dimensional map.

Dimensional Home (Level: 1)+: A personal living space with various features in a special dimension created by the ??? Clan for members of the clan to live within when traveling between dimensions or are forcefully expelled from a Dimension.

Dimensional Storage (Level: 1)+:  Creates a portable dimension around the user to store non-living things.

Blood Armoury (Level: 4)+: a self made skill that turn hardened blood into weapons and armour. 

Flesh Puppet (Level: 4)+: A self made skill in which the host manipulates portions of his flesh remotely. (12 meters). 

Clan Points Available – 0

Clan Quests: None Available.

…………………………………………………………………………………….

Examining his status screen, Ginryu nodded in satisfaction. The growth of his stats had nearly come to a halt, and there wasn't much left that could increase them. 

He simply needed to wait until his dry-aged meat was ready to be eaten before departing for the next world.

Closing his status screen, Ginryu brought up his map to confirm the area where his next plan would unfold. 

"Hmm, this area should suffice. I left a bit of them there, so it should work," Ginryu muttered to himself. 

After closing his map, he retrieved a book from his inventory to pass the time until the evening, when he anticipated meeting either Nobuna or Nobukatsu.

As time slipped away, evening arrived. 

Knock! Knock! 

"Ginryu-sama, Nobuna-sama has invited you for dinner," a servant announced after knocking. 

"You three stay here; no wandering around. We won't be staying long, so endure," Ginryu instructed the cubs before rising to answer the door. 

"Lead the way," Ginryu replied upon reaching the door. Upon exiting his room, his senses detected someone watching him. 

'Hmm, it's not Goemon. Probably a servant of Nobukatsu; seems like he was a step late,' Ginryu surmised. 

Following the servant, he was led to a room where Nobuna and her retainers awaited.

"You must be Oda Nobuna, quite the beauty as rumored," Ginryu complimented upon meeting her. 

"You..." Toukichiro attempted to reprimand Ginryu seeing his compliment as disrespectful but was halted by Nagahide. 

Though Ginryu was the leader of a large merchant group, he was not a noble, so in comparison to Nobuna, he held a lower social status. 

"Huh, no need to get all mad. It was simply a compliment. Besides, I didn't come here to play mind games," Ginryu responded upon noticing their reaction. 

'Huh, this is strange. I offer a compliment, and this is their reaction. Are they trying to get something out of me? Interesting. I will play along,' Ginryu thought. 

'Besides, why do I have to bow my head to some peculiar girl when we are collaborating as equals?' Ginryu pondered.

"30 points, at least show a bit of respect to a noble. If this were done in public, it might put Ginryu-sama in a bind," Nagahide remarked. 

"Ha, ha," Ginryu chuckled. "I would treat even the emperor the same way, so why make a big deal out of it? Besides, you don't seem to truly understand the true extent of the Kemono merchant group," Ginryu retorted. 

"Additionally, you haven't really accomplished anything yet to earn a sliver of respect, so do something first before complaining," Ginryu added a bit annoyed. 

"Enough," Nobuna interjected, silencing her retainers.

"You mentioned that I haven't done anything to earn your respect yet, why did you approach our clan and plan to support me?" Nobuna inquired. 

'Oh, so that's their endgame,' Ginryu thought. 

"Well, I could ask the same. Why did you accept my support regardless?" Ginryu countered. 

"Well, no need to make things complicated. I simply saw potential and profit in the Oda clan, that is all. I rarely offer my support to an individual lord," Ginryu explained. 

"Not me, but the clan," Nobuna clarified. 

"Well, aren't you the heir to the Oda clan? As long as you remain the future heir, I will support you. Ah, don't worry; I won't involve myself in the inner politics of the clan," Ginryu assured.

Honestly, he wouldn't even care about the Oda clan, but the people he desired were all somehow linked to the future actions of the Oda clan. 

"I see," Nobuna responded as if she understood something but refrained from voicing it. The room fell into silence momentarily before Ginryu broke the quietness. 

"Uhm, wasn't I invited to dinner? Where is the food?" Ginryu questioned. 

"60 points, it should be on its way. I am extremely curious about one more thing," Nagahide interjected. 

“Go on, what is it ?” Ginryu asked.

"Why has the Kemono merchant group slowly been monopolizing most of the businesses within our territory?" Nagahide inquired.

"Monopolize is an awfully aggressive word. We simply made them business affiliates. We didn't take them over," Ginryu clarified. 

"Well, as a result, the prices for basic goods became somewhat more stable, benefiting me, keeping the people content, and ultimately pleasing you," Ginryu concluded. 

This maneuver was to secure some leverage against the Oda clan if things were to take an unexpected turn, but Ginryu chose not to disclose that. 

"I understand," Nagahide responded, her expression slightly puzzled. 

Soon, dinner was served, and everyone partook while engaging in small talk, yet the atmosphere remained somewhat tense. Upon finishing their meal, Ginryu rose to depart.

"Ah, before I leave, a piece of advice. Fulfill your end of the deal we made, and I will absolutely fulfill mine. As long as you don't betray me, I will continue to support you," Ginryu remarked before taking his leave. 

"Nobuna-sama, that man is dangerous," Toukichiro expressed his concern. 

"I know, but for now, there's little we can do about him," Nobuna replied. 

"Don't worry, Nobuna-sama; we have Inuchiyo and Goemon watching him. So we can respond to his actions and gain some leverage over him," Nagahide assured. 

"I heard he will be departing with the two of them in two days, after which the funds he promised will arrive," Toukichiro added.

"Great, we can monitor the people he meets and his whereabouts too," Nobuna concluded. 

Following this discussion, Nobuna, Nagahide, and Toukichiro conversed about various matters before adjourning the meeting.

………………………………………………………………………………

Two days flew by in the blink of an eye. Ginryu had departed from the Oda clan alongside Inuchiyo, the cubs, and Goemon. 

Now, he needed to initiate his plan to sway them before heading back to his residence where Yoriichi, Hikari, and Hikaru likely awaited his return.

They had embarked by carriage, with Inuchiyo at the reins and Goemon seated inside with Ginryu. 

Riding in a carriage wasn't Ginryu's preference; the discomfort stemmed from the rough, bumpy roads. 

However, Goemon and Inuchiyo, despite being fully grown, were too diminutive to ride horses. 

Ginryu had already communicated the route to Inuchiyo that would lead them to their desired destination.

As the evening approached, time slowly slipped away. 

"Ginryu-sama, it appears we must camp for the night," Inuchiyo informed him.

"Why?" Ginryu inquired, aware of the reason.

"It seems unlikely we'll reach the nearest town or village before nightfall. It's best to locate a camping spot before darkness envelops us," Inuchiyo replied.

"Understood. Hey, Goemon, wake up," Ginryu said, attempting to rouse Goemon, who had snuggled with the cubs and dozed off.

"Hmm," Goemon grumbled, reluctant to rise until Ginryu resorted to lightly flicking her forehead.

"Ouch, where am I? Eh, Ginryu-sama," Goemon responded in bewilderment.

"Kyaa!!" She squealed upon realizing she was cradling Yin in her arms. The commotion woke the cubs, who became slightly perturbed with her for disrupting their nap. 

In retaliation, they began to scratch her with their claws, prompting Ginryu to intervene.

"I apologize," Goemon said to the cubs, inwardly questioning why she was apologizing to the animals.

"Go find us a camping spot," Ginryu commanded, barely containing his excitement as events unfolded smoothly.

"Hai, Ginryu-sama," Goemon replied before departing to carry out her orders. Several minutes later, she returned and led Inuchiyo to a suitable location. 

Temporary tents were promptly assembled, and the camp was prepared for the night. 

A campfire was also kindled to ward off wild animals and provide illumination.

"Now that we're settled, why don't you share about yourselves? You'll be in my service for a long time, after all," Ginryu suggested as they gathered around the campfire. 

Inuchiyo had been reserved and spoke sparingly, but Ginryu had gleaned some information about her. 

However, Goemon's past remained shrouded in mystery.

"I..." Inuchiyo began, but halted, clutching her spear tightly. 

Meanwhile, Goemon brandished her Kunai and positioned herself in front of Ginryu.

"What's the matter?" Ginryu feigned ignorance.

"There is..." Goemon started to respond when a sudden rustling emanated from the nearby foliage, intensifying the tension in the air as the metallic scent of blood pervaded the surroundings.

"Is that a person?" Inuchiyo questioned upon sighting a figure covered in blood emerging from the bushes.

6