Chapter 46
80 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not long after the events of the Uta incident, Ginryu started spending his nights experimenting on people with his blood while the twins were asleep. 

He realized that it was something he should have done long ago but didn’t. 

In the past, he had tried his blood on demons before meeting Uta, but it always resulted in them exploding into a blood mist. 

Despite attempting different dosages, it didn’t work on the demons. 

This led him to believe that it might be the same for humans, and he got lazy without actually testing it out. 

Additionally, he didn’t have anyone specific in mind to turn with his blood, further contributing to his procrastination. 

There were several other reasons, but that’s a topic for another time.

During his experiments on some local bandits and demons, he finally found a way to turn a person without them immediately bursting into a blood mist from ingesting his blood. 

Simply put, his blood was too potent to be taken directly. 

It worked for the cubs because it was heavily diluted with water, taking a long time for the transformation process to complete. 

However, this method was not ideal, and he needed a faster solution.

The root of these issues was simple. His bloodline was currently suppressed within his body by the system and the runes his mother placed on him. 

Outside his body, his blood contained a larger portion of his power, though not even close to its full power but it was still way greater that what leaked from the power suppressed within him. 

Even he couldn’t currently withstand such power from his own blood, let alone others. 

Unable to grant them a system or draw any runes, he had to devise another method.

The solution he devised was to use his biokinesis to modify the heart of the person he wanted to turn. 

It wasn’t overly complicated; he hardened some of his blood and used biokinesis to create a flesh pouch that acted like a tea bag. 

He arrived at this method after measuring the amount of blood that transformed the cubs when diluted in water. 

He then calculated the amount of hardened blood that could dissolve when in constant contact with the blood of others. 

As blood flowed from the heart, it washed against the flesh pouch containing his blood, similar to a tea bag in hot water. 

The mixed blood would flow through the person's body, diluted and evenly distributed until the transformation was complete.

With the average heart beating 60 to 100 plus times per minute, the process wouldn’t take long. 

After the transformation, the hardened blood will continue to be absorbed until the pouch completely dissolved into the person's body, a side effect of his current demon progenitor form. 

The transformed person would gain some demon abilities along with a beast transformation.

"Just wait a bit, you will soon be reborn," Ginryu muttered with a gleeful smile. 

He was in the process of creating his first official minions, or as he preferred to call them, blood Kin. 

This title sounded better, and he didn’t intend to mind control them. 

It would simply be ingrained in their system that he was above them.

"Ginryu-sama, what are you doing?" Goemon shakily questioned, extremely shocked when Ginryu suddenly cut his hand. 

"Relax, it will only take a while," Ginryu replied.

However, Goemon didn’t get to complete her next sentence before Ginryu unexpectedly plunged his hands into both her and Inuchiyo's chests, causing them to lose consciousness. 

"Now that is done, I should probably call Yin back," Ginryu muttered aloud.

Through his connection to her, he sent a mental command for Yin to return. 

She possessed the speed and strength needed to cover the area to block the demons' retreat, which was why Ginryu had sent her alone. 

With that task completed, Ginryu refocused on the demon he had pinned to the ground. 

Tsukiko had been struggling to break free from the blood spikes, but her efforts were futile. 

Her instincts drove her to run, but she couldn't move freely.

Facing someone who consumed demons, Tsukiko had every reason to be afraid. 

"No need to struggle so much, I will neither kill nor eat you," Ginryu reassured her. 

Tsukiko stopped moving, briefly meeting Ginryu's gaze before turning away, unable to bear his emotionless stare. 

There was no way she could trust a person with a gaze like that.

"How about we play a game for your life?" Ginryu proposed. 

"What kind of game?" Tsukiko quickly responded, grasping at any chance to survive. 

She was familiar with such games as she her self had made the same proposition to her prey, she was ready to play. 

"It’s a simple game really. Four of my blood Kins will chase you. If any of them catch you before sunrise, your life is forfeit. If you manage to lose them and escape by sunrise, you live," Ginryu suggested.

Anticipating that Goemon and Inuchiyo might want revenge on the demon, Ginryu proposed this. 

Even if they didn’t Yin and Yang could handle the situation. 

"I accept, I accept," Tsukiko quickly replied, she was inwardly ecstatic with the proposition. 

This was her territory, she knew every nook and cranny as she had lived there for a long time. 

She also couldn’t see herself losing because Ginryu himself wasn’t the one hunting her.

"Good, the game will begin when they wake up," Ginryu stated before removing the blood spikes. 

Yin was already nearby, and it was only a matter of time before Inuchiyo and Goemon awakened.

Tsukiko wasn't going to run with the blood spikes removed because that meant that she automatically forfeited the game. 

This meant that Ginryu himself would renegade his promise and hunt her personally, so she sat on the ground waiting and planning her means to victory.

Time seemed to tick slowly as Ginryu waited for Inuchiyo and Goemon to wake up. 

Tsukiko kept staring at the sky impatiently, counting the moments left until sunrise. 

If the girls didn’t awaken before the sun rose, would that mean she would automatically lose and perish, she pondered.

Yin arrived during that period and nestled into Ginryu’s lap for some rest. 

Yang also wanted to climb onto his lap, but Yin insisted on having it to herself, creating a playful struggle between them. 

Yang attempted to get on Ginryu’s lap while Yin did everything to prevent it.

“Gaaaah,” Inuchiyo suddenly coughed up some blood, and soon after, so did Goemon. 

All their previous and recent injuries, had been fully healed. 

Their skin appeared rejuvenated, akin to that of newborns.

“Oh, it seems like the beast transformation selection process is commencing,” Ginryu murmured. 

Once the initial transformation process is completed, a subsequent procedure initiates wherein the most compatible beast genes vie to become the dominant one while the others are assimilated to reinforce the chosen one. 

This occurs because Ginryu’s blood contains the genome of numerous beasts. 

While his ability can only facilitate one transformation, there are instances where an individual may be compatible with more than one beast transformation, leading to a conflict among the genes until only the most suitable one prevails. 

The incompatible beast genomes dissolve into stored energy.

This exact phenomenon was unfolding within the bodies of Goemon and Inuchiyo. 

As time passed, the girls' bodies continued to sustain injuries and heal due to the internal battle taking place. 

Eventually, the effects began to diminish, leaving Ginryu contemplating what form the girls would assume.

7