Chapter 8: Oak
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

In the darkness of night, standing directly in front of a massive gate, a buzzing sound could be heard rippling out, this buzzing stemmed from a cloaked figure standing directly in front of the gate. The figure's cold eyes glared at this gate until it suddenly murmured to itself while reaching into its pocket. 

" Stupid radio doesn't know how to turn off, but this looks like the place."

Feril glared at the gate before he scoffed to himself, and simply walked towards it. Directly behind the rich-looking gate was a long set of stairs that led up a mountain before the stairs finally reached a fairly sized building, standing elegantly on the mountaintop. 

The reason for Feril scoffing was simple, the gate was obviously made out of expensive metal, and to Feril, spending so much on a gate that could be easily walked around was idiotic. He just shook his head, while he walked past the gate, before heading up the stairs, his footsteps echoed out rhythmically, while his cloak flapped in the wind. 

Feril's eyes pierced through the darkness, as he walked aimlessly up the stairs, unsure of what was inside the building, after several steps, Feril finally reached the entrance of the building. He stared through the glass windows, before he cautiously approached the doors, until suddenly a deafening bang rippled through the sky, making Feril jump in shock.

As soon as Feril jumped, a bright blue light illuminated his body, the deafening noise stemmed from lightning, that had struck. Feril's heart raced wildly, while rain started to fall from the sky. He stood there motionlessly, as rain slid down his black cloak, he stood there for minutes until he took a deep breath and regained his composure.

He reached out pushing onto the door, creaking it open, as rain fell, masking the sound of the creaking door, Feril slipped through the door, as his shoes squeaked stepping on the white tile, the room was empty and dark with only a computer screen on. The computer was the only source of light, as Feril walked deeper into the room. 

He headed towards the computer, until suddenly, in the corner of his right eye, he noticed an odd Pokeball sitting on a purple cushion, the cushion was on a wooden desk in the corner of the room. He stared at the Pokeball while his mind raced. " If that pokeball did hold the Nidoking that Giovanni wanted, would it be so unguarded? "

Pondered Feril, his eyes fixed on the Pokeball. He then made a sudden move towards the computer, snatching a key from the keyboard and flinging it at the Pokeball. The key flew through the air, only to be stopped by an invisible barrier, bouncing off the floor before rolling back towards the computer.

"Could this be the work of a nearby Pokemon? Or did this professor somehow-" Before Feril could finish murmuring to himself, a loud creak filled the room, causing Feril to instinctively duck as a young woman entered and turned on the lights. 

The sudden brightness revealed wet footprints on the floor, sending a shiver down the woman's spine as she shot her gaze toward the Pokeball. With a sigh of relief, she approached the Pokeball, muttering under her breath.

"Thank goodness Professor Oak would have been furious if the Pokeball was stolen."

She started following the trail of footprints, curious about where they led until finally, she reached the key near the computer. She stared at it confused, before she crouched and reached for it. Just as she reached for it, a sharp pain pierced her head, causing her to cry out before collapsing unconscious on the floor.

A loud thud from the woman's body hitting the ground rippled out, as Feril stood above the woman, his eyes coldly staring at her body until he walked over her body, heading towards the Pokeball with his right hand extended forward, after only taking a few steps, he felt his hand hit the invisible wall.

He rubbed his hand across the wall, until abruptly, he felt a gap in the wall. Feeling this gap, Feril leaned into the wall, using all of his body weight. He felt the wall moving until suddenly his eyes turned confused while he stumbled forward. He regained his balance right when a loud shout rang through his ears. The shout stemmed from a distraught Pokemon. 

" Mr Mime?!?!? "...

0