The Beginning
250 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N~ I know, I should work on my other stories, but I only really write because I feel like it in the moment. And wow does time move fast... anyway, enjoy!

Oh! And nothing belongs to me except my SI.

I first wake up to darkness. I try to shift around but find that I'm curled into a ball, with my arms tucked around my head. I'm also trapped inside of something and submerged in some kind of liquid... wait a minute.

'I can't breathe!!'

I struggle with all my strength and my hand breaks through my prison, releasing some of the liquid and creating a hole to breathe out of. As I pull away some of my prison I noticed for the first time how alien my body felt to me.

My hands feel long and bony, my body feels bulkier than it used to, my head feels massive in my small prison, and my tail...

'I have a tail!'

I notice the squeals and chirps coming from my muzzle instead of speech.

I peer outside of what I've come to realize is an egg shell and see white. There is a lot of white. As my new eyes begin to focus on my surroundings I realize I'm in some kind of lab.

I push against the inside of my egg, eventually crawling my way out. I look around as I lay on the ground and see people in lab coats rushing around the room, completely ignoring me.

I try to raise my body up onto my new, wobbly digitagrade legs and faceplant.

I try again and after a few more shaky attempts I manage to stand. My body forces me to constantly lean forward and have my new tail to compensate.

I idly notice my scales are also white.

It was then I heard faint squeaking coming from an egg to my left.

'Hello? Mother?'

I somehow understood these calls coming from the cracked egg and made my way towards it.

'Hello? Anyone?'

It called. I noticed a dark hand crack its way out of the egg. I decided to try and answer.

'I am here.'

It was short and simple because to be honest, I didn't quite know what to say.

'Are you sister?'

The voice asked. Wait... sister?! Wasn't I a guy before?... Whatever... being female is the lowest priority on the list right now.

'Yes. I am sister.'

I responded as she broke her way through her shell. Her scales were dark gray with hints of black throughout her body. She had small spikes and ridges across her body with long hands tipped in sharp talons. I watch her fumble about trying to gain her balance on her hind legs like me. If that's how I looked trying to learn how to walk I'm glad the people in lab coats were ignoring us. She finally figures it out and marches towards me and nuzzles my snout affectionaly.

'I love big sister!'

She chirps happily as I gently return the affection.

'And I love my little sister.'

I return. Even if I'm majorly confused on what's happening right now I'm not going to be mean to someone that's just been born! So I return her affection.

I suddenly hear a commotion on the other side of the glass of what I've come to realize must be and incubator. The people must have realized we've hatched. I watch as someone is sent off somewhere before returning followed by an Asian man with short black hair holding a clipboard. He leans towards us and my sister tries to hide behind me while I look up at him in curiosity.

I try to listen as he talks with the other scientists and I hear them call him Dr. Wu.... Huh? Like Jurassic World Wu? But that means... I look at my reflection in the incubator glass, then at my new sister, then at my white, scaled claws. It has to be! I'm the Indominus Rex from Jurassic World! The thing that singlehandedly took down the park. Along with a decent helping of human incompetence, corrupt scientists, and a lifetime of animal abuse.

I sit and nuzzle into my new sister for comfort of what's in my future, our futures. Mistreatment, neglect, abuse, isolation... only to wind up bitter and cruel with nothing but hatred for the outside world.

I feel her returning the sudden affection and I think about what I know from the movie.

The canonical I-rex killed and ate its sibling, but I don't want to do that. I won't do it! I've already grown attached to her in the short amount of time we've been together. So we won't be alone. Can't say they won't lock us in an enclosure too small for us to live comfortably though. Nothing we can really do about that.

Now comes the issue of our escape... do I still go through with it? Can I still rely on my knowledge of the movies? There's no real way I can think of to test that until the actual breakout.

Maybe I could communicate with the humans like that one fanfic I read. But they'd never listen unless they had to. The breakout is enviable it seems. Hm... we can cause caos at the park and then they'd have to listen to us! It's a gamble but, I really don't like the sound of being a zoo exhibit or a military weapon.

Oh man... all this thinking right after hatching is making it hard to stay awake. And little sis is already taking a nap... I guess I'll leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me.

'Goodnight...'

I coo one last sound as I fall asleep curled next to my new sister.

A/N~ I hope you all enjoyed! See ya whenever I decide to post again! Might be a new story I'm probably not going to get around to or another chapter to any of my other stories I haven't touched in months. Motivation is a real killer sometimes... also my crippling laziness.

15