Chapter 1 (Prologe)
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a city illuminated by vibrant lights, life unfolded. In one of the distant and less prosperous parts of the city, within an apartment in a multi-story building, the only source of light emanated.

The glow emanated from a monitor where a weary 27-year-old man sat. His health was evidently not at its best, with long hair already obscuring his eyes, yet he paid it no mind.

At that moment, he rapidly typed something on his computer; it was the character creation window of a game. The game he was engrossed in creating a character for was ordinary, more aligned with the simplicity of everyday life than fantasy or shooters.

Upon typing the last words, he sighed with relief. It was his sole amusement, a lifeline preserving his sanity from decay.

[Character Name: Hiroyuki Heshin
Characteristics:
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 1
Intelligence: Max
Endurance: 1
Wisdom: 1
Charisma: 1
Life Ideal: Initially a lazy guy, Hiroyuki always wanted an ordinary life, to remain invisible to others. However, on one fateful evening, returning home after a purchase, he heard someone calling for help, intervened, and suffered. Following that incident, he decided to become a defender.]

This was what he aimed to do - to craft a hero. However, it was regrettable that the game didn't allow it. He circumvented the system to maximize the character's intelligence, granting some advantages in the game. Nonetheless, he enjoyed creating such characters.

After saving the character, he reached out to press the PC power button. In that very moment, an unfortunate accident occurred; he felt electricity coursing through his body, followed by darkness.

================

In a dark alley amidst garbage, lay a teenager aged 16-17, of average height. He wore a dark windbreaker stained with a few drops of blood. Blood streamed from the teenager's nose, and his black hair covered his eyes. He lay motionless.

Suddenly, his eyes snapped open, revealing deep, ebony orbs. Dazed, he rose from the ground with a gasp and a dizzying sensation.

As he subconsciously felt something, his hand instinctively moved towards his nose. Upon touching, he looked down to see blood, confusion evident in his eyes.

"Am I not dead?"

Uttering these words, he suddenly realized he was no longer in his room. In his bewilderment, his mind seemed to accelerate.

"Judging by the sensation, the shock wasn't weak, even if there was no one to save. Since I am a solitary individual. And now, considering the different surroundings, this is clearly not my home.

...Abrupt relocation...transference...the body feels different...transference of the soul?...rebirth in another body?"

He pondered, almost losing track of his thoughts. As soon as he grasped this, fragments of memories flooded his mind.

Hiruyoki Heshin, the name of the person whose body he now inhabited. Suspiciously similar to the character he had created.

"I just need to check and confirm."

Getting up, he removed his shirt, revealing bare skin beneath. A scar adorned his stomach.

"This is definitely the character's body."

Sorting out his clothes, he began reviewing memories. However, due to the blunt impact, he discovered that some memories were lost.

Remarkably, he vividly remembered the attack. As he was returning home with food, he heard a girl's cry for help from a dark alley. Rushing to her aid, he found a girl and a man.

Somehow managing to free the girl from the robber's grasp, he was struck from behind by the girl, losing consciousness.

Checking his pockets, he couldn't find his wallet. It seemed everything was planned; the man and the woman were accomplices.

Hirohuki had to simply sigh, taking on the body of this person.

Unlike before, he now sensed some differences. When his gaze fell on a particular object, inexplicably, he began to engage his brain. Such a thing had never happened in the past, and now he couldn't stop thinking.

"Is it because of intellect?" The speculation immediately came to his mind; it seemed that he couldn't even think about it before. But now, his mind worked very quickly, and in a different way.

"So, it seems I can become who I wanted to be..."

As he spoke, he looked at his hands. Unlike the characteristics of intellect, other attributes were like those of an ordinary person.

However, he himself had made this choice. In the past, he always believed that intellect was the most important. Whether you're strong or have other abilities, a person differs from other species precisely because of intellect.

And so, what he wrote as the life ideal for Hirohuki Heshin was, in fact, his own ideal. He always wanted to have extremely high intellect to be able to counteract evil.

"...Considering that I could move into this body, and this resembles supernatural events. Why not have other things... If an event happened once, it will definitely happen again because the violation of established rules cancels them, and exceptions are not random but an inevitable consequence of this violation."

Musing to himself, he fell silent for a moment, as he confirmed yet another thing: high intellect was also a burden.

Because of this, he wanted to stop thinking, but what surprised him even more was that he immediately stopped.

"Full control over my consciousness? Okay, first, let's look at the wound."

As he spoke, he raised his hand to touch the injured area.

There was a little blood. Thinking about it, he remembered the nearest hospital and headed there. After the check-up, he left the hospital and went home.

Approaching closer, he began to contemplate because he already knew what he wanted to do next.

Having achieved his dream in a sense, Hiroyuki seemed indifferent to everyone, both at home and school. His demeanor, characterized by being meticulous and quiet, seldom attracted attention.

This trend extended to his family, where his sister took center stage in their parents' eyes. Consequently, he distanced himself from his family, despite the financial support provided by his parents. It was as if he existed only on the periphery of their awareness.

Even his sister treated him like a stranger. Oddly enough, this situation worked to his advantage. Leveraging this characterization, he contemplated using it as a means to leave home. However, exiting school immediately seemed imprudent, as it would draw undue attention.

His desire was simple: to progress toward his dream independently, without attracting unnecessary scrutiny. Therefore, the decision was made. His initial objective: to earn money.

0