Part 9
217 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Notes: Yuri schoolgirl possession TG horror. Suicidal ideation.

Click here to listen to the audiobook version.

 

 

 

You slowly become aware of your surroundings, back in the waking world.

The side of your face is not smeared against concrete. It is pressed up against the pillow that you are hugging, while you lay on your stomach.

The bedcoverings are draped loosely across your back and thighs.

Also, someone is massaging your lower legs.

You resist the urge to startle and kick, but your tail does bristle and fluff in somebody's face. "My, did I touch a sore spot?" a familiar voice says, as her hands gently move your tail aside. "I shall endeavour to be more careful ~ "

"Minato-senpai?" you ask, sleepily, and look down. "What are you-"

Ha-chan hurries to the side of the cot. "You were moaning a lot in your sleep, and when I bumped your leg while getting out of bed you cried out. When I checked on you at lunch break you could barely move, and I asked if I could get help and you said yes, and Minato-senpai learned massage therapy in Sweden ... "

You do not remember any of this. Perhaps it is for the best.

"Wait." You try to blink the sleep out of your eyes, and brush some hair from your face. "Did I just sleep through all of school?"

"No worries, dear ~ " Minato-senpai smiles gently up at you, while kneading your calves. "I told the school nurse that you were injured at a club activity. We had an alarming round of ghost stories outdoors last night, did we not?"

"We did." You wince, and glance up at Ha-chan, wordlessly asking her how much she told the club president.

"I-I told her you kept me from making a bad decision," she confirms, hugging herself through her uniform's suit jacket and staring down at her shoes.

"Anyway, that is why the Literature Club is meeting in the nurse's office today." Minato-senpai grins. "Does anyone have any stories or poems they would like to share?"

Ha-chan raises her hand. "I do!"

"Very well, let's hear it ~ "

She clears her throat, and reads a poem from her notebook's screen, in accented English.

Two candles remain, by some stroke of luck
A bushy-tailed hero, and a sick fuck.
Which will burn out, on this darkest of nights?
When push comes to shove, who will win the fight?

Your ears flatten, at the reminder that Tamamo-chan is still out there.

"It rhymes nicely, dear ~ could you explain what it means, perhaps? In Japanese or French, if you would."

"W-well, um ... "

You help her out a bit with the explanation, but let her clarify the meanings of "bushy-tailed hero" and "sick fuck."

"I see." Minato-senpai glances at the ceiling for a moment, processing this. "This is a continuation of the other poem from yesterday, no?"

"Well, yes, even though I didn't write that one ... "

"I was under the impression that in the original, each candle goes out when a story is told, and when all are blown out then the ghost will be freed. But in your version, each represents a person, it seems?"

"I mean, someone died yesterday. And someone almost died last night." Ha-chan gives you a nervous look, and you reach out for her hand to squeeze it. She lets you.

"I see ... "

"A-and the series isn't over, so I don't know what's going to happen. All I know is that Ai-chan spoiled that evil fox's plans." She squeezes back.

This doesn't sound like the way you'd describe what happened. You weren't trying to spoil anyone's plans. You just realized what the situation was, and it dictated that you act in this way.

It wasn't a matter of "want" or "don't want." It simply had to be done.

Something about these thoughts reminds you of your dream, but it's already slipping away from you. Perhaps it was not that important.

"Alright, then. I applaud your efforts! Yours as well, Ai-chan." Minato-senpai stops massaging your legs, and claps for you. "Now, why don't you try putting some weight on those legs, and see what happens?"

You take a deep breath to steady yourself, and then swing your legs over the side of the cot. Ha-chan is ready to catch you if you fall, but ... you don't. You manage to stand up, a bit groggily and shakily.

Your legs feel operational.

"Thank you," you say, and manage to bow to her.

You can still feel the soreness in your lower legs when you do. Also, your tail fluffs Ha-chan's face.

She giggles, and you stand back upright and fold your arms, blushing. "I am sorry about that," you say.

"Ai-chan, you do not have any clothes which accomodate your new accoutrements, correct?" Minato-senpai is referring to your tail.

On the plus side, she doesn't seem bothered or surprised by your tail's existence. On the down side, you can see multiple directions this question about clothing might lead, and both of them are embarrassing. "I do not," you tell her, looking away.

"Is that so ~ well, we can hardly ask you to walk home when you may have pulled a muscle. Especially in hospital wear. So why don't you and Ha-chan come over to my house with me, and we'll order some clothes online for you? They should arrive before school tomorrow."

"I-I-"

"Aah, we don't want to inconvenience you!" Ha-chan waves her hands in protest, beside you. "I can just, um ... "

She glances helplessly up at you.

You sigh, and shake your head at her. Having her help you walk all the way home would be even worse, and she knows it.

"W-well, okay ... "

You bow to Minato-senpai again, trying to choose the option that will be the least trouble for everyone. "We are honoured by your invitation, and will do our best not to overly burden you."

"No trouble at all!" She gets out her notebook and pen, and scribbles a handwritten note. "I'll just have our driver meet us at the side entrance. No need to have everyone see you in hospital wear."

You incline your head towards her. "Thank you, Minato-senpai."

Then you blink. "Wait. Driver?"


As it turns out, Minato-senpai is chauffeured to and from school every day.

Ha-chan helps you out the door and into the velvety back seat of the limo, making sure not to put too much pressure on your legs. "Are you okay?" she asks once you're inside.

"Mm." You nod to her, and buckle your seatbelt. She gets in next to you and does the same.

Minato-senpai doesn't bother, but just sits down across from you and opens the door to the minifridge. "Refreshments?"

You take bottled water. Ha-chan gets a juice box.

"Now, then." Minato-senpai crosses her legs demurely, and gives you a welcoming smile. "I am truly sorry that your introduction to Inori Academy was an unpleasant one, Ai-chan. But please rest assured that you have earned the Minato family's hospitality. Both of you have. Alright?"

Oh my goddess, she's a genuine fucking ojousama.

What? you ask.

Heiress.

"U-uhm ... " Ha-chan fidgets.

You glance at her, and nod.

"Alright," she finally says. "If you're sure ... "

You nod to Minato-senpai as well. "Thank you for having us."

"No problem, no problem! The drive should only be five or ten minutes, so please, do feel free to carry on as you like."

There is an awkward pause.

You clear your throat, and look over to Ha-chan. "So, how about that Titania Prime build?"

Ha-chan gets out her Switch from her school bag, and uses the limo's wi-fi. Her enthusiasm easily takes up the ride.


The Minato family's "house" is an ivy-covered, European-style mansion, in the forest just outside of town. You're not sure how long it's been there.

Unfortunately, the walk up to the front door is a bit troublesome. Ha-chan and Minato-senpai each take one of your arms around their shoulders, to help take the load off of your legs-

Careful.

You barely avoid a large stick, which must have fallen from one of the tree branches overhead. Ha-chan and Minato-senpai don't notice.

Why did you warn me? you ask.

It doesn't matter. Just, get well soon. Okay?

I don't understand you at all, you think.

You used to.

"Welcome home, Master!" A genuine fucking French maid opens the tall front door for you.

"Thank you, Marie." Minato-senpai does not ask her to take over, as she helps you up the front steps.

"Sorry for intruding!" Ha-chan squeaks, and kicks her shoes off awkwardly.

"Sorry for intruding." You try to do the same.

"Shall I arrange for some tea, Master?"

"Yes, please ~ "

Ha-chan gawks at the size of the front hall, and squeaks when she almost trips on the rug as she and Minato-senpai help you into the parlour. It looks a bit less intimidating, with modern sofas and a big-screen television.

"My parents are out on a business trip," Minato-senpai tells you, "so please, don't worry about making noise."

"Hehe, I'm okay ... " Ha-chan straightens her hair back out, after helping you down to the couch.

She and Minato-senpai sit down on opposite sides of you. Not five seconds later, Marie-san comes back in balancing a lavish selection of tea and biscuits on a tray in one hand. "My apologies, Master! I did not have any fresh scones ready, so I brought store-bought cookies instead."

"No trouble at all." Minato-senpai smiles up at her. "Could you bring me my laptop and a selection of floral kimono as well?"

What.

"Right away, Master!" She sets the teatray down on the coffee table, then bows and departs.

Something sounds very alarming about Minato-senpai's request, but you aren't sure what.

"Aah, why the kimono?!" Ha-chan sounds about as startled as you are.

"The school flower viewing trip is this weekend ~ as long as we're ordering clothes for Ai-chan, I thought you could borrow my traditional wear, so you don't have to rent a kimono for it."

"Ohh right, I forgot about that ... I-I have my own though! It's just gotten a little small on me." Ha-chan blushes.

"Well, my offer still stands, so don't be shy." Minato-senpai smiles warmly.

Okay. She can try them on, but you can't.

Why not? you ask.

Because I-

An elevator door dings, from the front hall.

"I return, Master!" Marie-san comes back into the parlour, wearing a toolbelt filled with seamstress' implements and pulling a rolling laundry cart with her. A selection of gorgeous kimono are hanging from the top rack.

They are ... aesthetically pleasing, you think.

She also sets Minato-senpai's MacBook down on the coffee table, and opens it up for her. Minato-senpai's watch makes the sound of a door unlocking, and the lock screen turns into her desktop.

"I'll search for online boutiques that make clothes to fit kemonomimi," Minato-senpai reassures you. "For now, Ai-chan, why don't you pick out a kimono you like, and Marie can help you into it? You can wear it while we have tea and pick out clothes, to try it out."

Ffffff-

"What if we spill the tea?!" Ha-chan raises her hand.

Minato-senpai just smiles. "I'll have it dry-cleaned for you by this weekend."

Marie-san approaches you. "Are you able to stand, honoured guest? Would you like me to help you up?"

Tell her to keep her fucking hands to hers-

"I-I am okay with whatever causes you all the least trouble," you tell her, looking down at your clasped hands.

"Oh, it's no trouble at all!" she and Minato-senpai say at the same time.

I don't see a way out of this that won't be a major social faux pas, you think.

Marie-san helps you up and into the wider, more open, carpeted centre of the room, near the clothes rack. It takes you a moment to decide -- have you ever even worn one of these before? -- but you manage to pick one that catches your eye.

"Alright, please stand still and hold your arms out!"

You do so, and squeeze your eyes shut.

"Normally one would wear proper undergarments," Marie-san says apologetically, "but I suppose that will do for now given the circumstances ... "

You can feel your arms go through very loose sleeves, as fabric drapes over your body and is pulled every which way.

I am sorry about this, you tell Tamamo-chan. You don't know why you are apologizing, but she seems to be really upset, and you don't have a reason to piss her off needlessly.

Destroy or contain her, yes. Hurt her, no.

There's no need for that.

Shut up. It sounds like she's saying it through clenched teeth.

"Could I have your attention, honoured guest?"

Marie-san helps you pick out a fitting obi, the sash which goes around the waist. She applies elastic clips to hold up the fabric from trailing on the floor, before tying on the obi itself.

"Ah, honoured guest! I know it must be very hard for you to stand still, but we are almost done ... "

You are shaking. "I'm sorry," you tell her.

You can't stop.

"It is no trouble at all, honoured guest." Marie-san finishes the tie in record time. "I will simply ... do my best!" she says, stepping back with a flourish.

You open your eyes, at the sound of Ha-chan and Minato-senpai clapping their hands.

You see their eyes on you, and glance discreetly down at yourself, and blush. Then you blush even more, as Marie-san turns the laundry cart around to reveal a full-length mirror, and-

"Get it off me," you whisper.

"I'm sorry, honoured guest! I did not catch that. What was it, again?"

You stare at your reflection in horror, as your eyes begin to glow.

"I said GET IT OFF OF ME!"

Tamamo-chan grabs you by the shoulder, and flings you out of Aizawa-san's body.

You land in a heap next to the grand piano, shaking your furry head to clear it and standing up on all fours underneath the piano stool.

Wait. All fours?!

"Aah, Ai-chan! What is that? What are you-"

Now sans your fox ears and tail, but with glowing red eyes, Tamamo-chan grabs the fabric scissors from Marie-san's toolbelt. Then she waves her other hand, and sets the French maid's dress on fire.

Minato-senpai stands up. "Marie!"

Marie-san shrieks, and runs out of the parlour.

Minato-senpai is about to run after her, but Tamamo-chan stops her. "Careful ~ " she says.

When you and Minato-senpai turn to look at her, she is holding the scissors spread out, pointing them inward towards Aizawa-san's eyes.

"Wouldn't want to get blood all over your traditional outfits!"

Tamamo-chan grins madly at her.

1