c76
545 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day at noon...

 The martial arts tournament was filled with tremendous excitement.

 The circular arena, with a capacity of approximately 50,000 people, was filled to its brim as soon as the doors opened, with huge lines forming three days prior to the start of the tournament.

 The overflow of people stared at the magical live images of the arena projected on the giant crystals set up on the street.

 If Abel the hero were to win, this country would be overrun at will by a monster even more powerful than the Demon King.

"Please, Cain Schwartz-sama, please win!"

 The crowd was therefore filled with voices that were earnestly wishing for my victory.

.......even though it might be a competition, I didn't want to be so caught up in the expectations and atmosphere that I couldn't show off my abilities.

 I turned my shoulders and tried to relax.

I was thinking back to the days when I could play games online in this arena.

 Suddenly, I remembered my gaming days with nostalgia.

 The human players, who were different from NPCs, would act in surprising and unexpected ways, and it was really a lot of fun.

 Seeing this cobblestone ring in front of me brings back that excitement.

"From the west, Cain Schwartz makes his entrance!"

 My name was called, and I walked toward the ring in the arena.

 Crackling applause, cheers, and confetti rained down on my head.

""The legendary knight Lancelot said that he surpassed him in just one year, the master of the sword! Magic is nothing in the face of his swordsmanship, which has even slain a dragon!"

 It was sister Ellis who introduced me from the live audience. Using a magic tool to magnify the sound, she was shouting loudly throughout the arena.

Sister Eris had asked His Majesty the King to let her play a part in the match, and she did so.

By the way, he's my brother! Oh, my God! Marry me, Cain !"

Is everything all right, sister ......?"

 It was a very unbalanced public/private situation.

 I'm embarrassed, so I don't want her to show off her brazenness to 100,000 people. ......

"The commentators are Lancelot, former vice-captain of the Kingsguard, and Princess Angela! Then, Lancelot, say something!"

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!  Young Master Cain, go for it!"

 

 Lancelot exclaimed excitedly.

 Oh, hey, can he explain this properly?

 I can only hope Angela can do this.

'Ahahahahahaha! I'm here! Hold it back, you fools! I am Abel the hero, the man who stands on top of this world!"

 Abel the hero appeared from the other side of the ring.

Who is the god? I am God!  I am a legendary light magic user and an immortal warrior! But in reality, I am a treacherous womanizer! From across the east, Abel the Hero makes his entrance!

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, !  As a reward, I'll let you into my harem!"

"What? I refuse."

I don't believe he'd even touch Cain's sister, that man really has no sense of respect. ......"

 Angela was stunned.

 The voice of the commentary seat was able to reach the entire hall by means of a microphone-like voice magnifying device.

"What the heck? She's Cain's sister!? Hahahahahaha! That's interesting, isn't it? I get all the girls I want!"

 Abel the hero pointed at Angela, who was seated at the commentary table.

"The winner of this tournament will get a prize from the king, right? Then, if I beat Cain, all the members of his harem will be mine! I'm going to make you my bitch too, Angela!a"

"Hmph, I never thought you would call out Angela and make a pass at her in front of me, the ...... emperor. You are the very epitome of arrogance and insolence, aren't you?"

 Emperor Sigurd, who was seated upon the guest of honor's seat set up after the actual seats, frowned uncomfortably.

 His Majesty the King and Selvia were seated next to him, and their voices were also arranged to reach the entire arena. Lancelot and Angela are actually also the escorts for His Majesty the King and the others.

"Hahahahaha! Of course! Not only the beautiful girls of the kingdom, but all the beautiful girls of the empire are mine! Sigurd, Emperor of the Atlas Empire! I'm going to make all the beautiful girls in your rear palace mine, too! Gahahahaha!"

"Oh, hero Abel, how dare you pick a fight with Emperor Sigurd! What arrogance! What hubris, this is the hero!"

 The people of the empire booed in unison. But Abel the hero would not listen to them.

 Even so, sister Eris is in a super groove. ......

"Hmph, what a disgusting piece of garbage to look at. I'm sorry to say that this is the God's chosen hero. I sincerely wish for the victory of Lord Cain!"

I am in the same state of mind. I am the same as you, the great sinner who took my daughter Lydia as his own and tried to take over the kingdom. Your fate is doomed, Abel the Hero!"

 Sigurd and His Majesty the King glared angrily at Abel the hero.

"Brother Cain, please win!"

 Selvia prayed anxiously.

'Of course.'

 I drew my sword and readied it.

 My power is something I've trained for this day. I'm going to win, and I'm going to be happy with Selvia.

"Ha! The king, the emperor, and the saint are all left to others! They're all bastards who have to rely on others. I will take everything I want by my own strength!"

 Abel the hero also pulls his white blade out of its sheath.

"I am a hero, the most powerful man in the world. Know that no matter how hard average people try, they can't reach me!"

Do you want to take everything you want by your own strength? I think your spirit is noble, but you don't understand what it means to be a hero ...... of an RPG (role-playing game), do you?"

"What ......?!"

 Abel the hero frowned quizzically.

"The hero may be all-powerful and the strongest, but he is no match for a knight with a sword, no match for an elf with magic, and no match for a human with special abilities like a saint or a sophomore."

""Ha, what's this, a lecture? What's the matter with you?"

"I'm talking about the cause of your defeat. You're the strongest overall, but you're not the best at everything."

So, let the finals begin!

 The match began with a single word from sister Eris.

 

"It's fun! I have the skill [Swordsman Killer] that can make opponents' vision go haywire!"

 Abel the hero rushes in with a sneer.

"What is the cause of the defeat?! No matter how hard you try to master the sword, it's impossible for you to beat me from the very beginning!"

"Of course. I know very well from Lancelot that a swordsman can't win against you."

 

 The skill [Swordsman Killer] has the effects of disorienting the enemy's vision so that they can't see the sword's line or preliminary movements.

 The sword battle is all about anticipation when you are a master swordsman. If you see a sword with divine speed and then defend against it, you will not be able to read it in time.

 The opponent's gaze, footwork, and other preliminary movements allow the opponent to anticipate the attack and react accordingly. Then, by weaving fakes into the mix, the attacker is fooled and the attack hits.

 Such a mixture of fiction and fact is the battle of a master swordsman.

 

 The skill that overturns this premise and nullifies anticipation is the [Swordsman Killer].

"So, I'm going to challenge you with my abilities and the strength of my friends, which are superior to yours."

"What?!"

 I dodged Abel the hero's sword just in time, and then I took a counter slash.

"Swordsman Killer won't work?!"

 Abel the hero screamed as his right shoulder was slashed open.

14