c79
508 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Snap, snap, snap!

"What?!"

 My Mithril sword shatters with a sound.

 Since I received it from my father, my reliable partner who has passed through many fierce battles is ......!

"Hahahahahaha! It seems that the sword couldn't endure the collision with my physical body!"

 Abel the hero, who had turned into a monster, had shrugged off my attack.

 My blade narrowly failed to reach his heart, and the black flames that erupted from the additional effect were suppressed by the demon king's strength.

"Abel......, don't tell me you're drinking [the Demon King's blood] to keep yourself alive!"

Of course I am! The [Never Shattering Courage] seems to have an effect on the spirit as well! A hero never kneels! I am the strongest, I am invincible! Ahhaha, I!"

 It was the worst situation.

 Abel, the hero, had survived in his sane mind with the power of the Demon King.

If the sword is broken, what should Cain, the swordsman, do?

" Young master Cain !"

 Sister Eris and Lancelot, who were sitting in the audience, were pale.

 But neither of them seemed to be escaping.

 

  It was the same for everyone in the hall.

 The audience was still watching the confrontation between me and Abel, the monster hero, with bated breath.

Hey, everyone, hurry up and get out of here! He is a more dangerous monster than the Demon King! If I am defeated, he will kill everyone!

"If Abel, the hero who has turned into a monster, should win,...... that would be the end of the world. Then I choose to stay here and support Cain to the end!"

 Angela declared with dignity and pride.

Yes! If my support will increase Cain's chances of winning by even 0.1%, then I will stay here and support him until the end!

 Sister Eris shouted with all the courage she could muster.

 

"I lancelot will never run away while you are fighting! I will stay by your side until the end!"

 Lancelot shouted his everlasting loyalty.

"Even though I am such a useless person, thanks to Cain-sama, I was able to defeat the heavy cavalry led by Abel! So I, too, believe in Cain-sama's victory and will support you until the end!"

I also believe in the victory of [true hero] Cain-sama! Above all, there is no way I would run away without my future husband, Master Cain!"

 Princesses Lydia and Sophie interrupted me in the actual battlefield and gave me a pep talk.

"The fate of the world is at stake in this battle. Then, as the emperor of the Atlas Empire, I will see this through to the end!"

 Emperor Sigurd showed no signs of running away.

"We will support you to the end!"

"So please win, Cain-sama!"

 The audience exploded with cheers for me. The entire arena was filled with a shaking fervor.

"Ahahahahaha! You idiot! How can a swordsman fight without his sword! Above all, I am a far different person now that I have the power of the Demon King! I can feel that my speed, power, and defense have increased beyond compare!"

 Abel the Hero held up both hands and declared his victory.

 His body had grown nearly twice as large, and his entire body was covered with scales like armor. His ugly appearance bore a striking resemblance to the Demon King.

I don't know if you're a gamer or what, but now you can't read my attack patterns and avoid them! I am the one who will win in the end! I am Abel, the hero who surpasses even God!

"No!"

 Selvia stood up from her seat and raised her voice with dignity.

 Selvia, who had been anxiously watching my battle for a long time, seemed to have made up her mind and was now ready to fight.

"Abel the hero, it was a mistake to get the power of the Demon King, huh? This match, Brother Cain has won!"

"Huh? What is it, saint? Have you finally gone crazy with fear!"

 Abel the hero bursts out laughing, clutching his stomach.

If I win, I'll take good care of you as a slave for the rest of your life! Hahahahaha!"

"...... No, Selvia is right. I also have a trump card item that Selvia entrusted to me!"

'Yes, Brother Cain. The power of the [Saints of the World Tree], the ultimate sword that is the point of its achievement"!

I took out a branch of the World Tree from my pocket.

 At first glance, it looked like an ordinary tree branch.

 

What? What's that ......?"

"This is an item obtained in the S-class dungeon [Temple of the World Tree]. It is a part of the legendary World Tree, the legendary giant tree that upholds the world."

 I, along with Selvia and Angela, had cleared this dungeon and obtained a [twig of the World Tree].

 Everything we did was to win this martial arts tournament. If my sword broke, I would be prepared.

What? You just said a ton of crazy things, Cain! You had obtained such a mythical item!

 Sister Eris regained her composure and resumed her play-by-play.

"The sword of the World Tree, here it is!"

 I shouted, and the 【Branch of the World Tree】 changed its shape and grew sharper and more slender.

 It eventually transformed into a slender, warped sword - in the East, it is called a katana.

 

'It is a sword that I created with the power of a saint, using the [branch of the World Tree] as the material. I sculpted it just as Brother Cain requested."

"What? A sword made by a saint?"

 His Majesty the King was astonished.

 I, as an ex-Japanese, was deeply moved. This is a weapon modeled after a Japanese sword, based on Eastern literature.

 The reason why I chose the Japanese sword is to sublimate the 【Iai】teachings from Lancelot into a perfect and flawless technique.

 It is a sword technique that no one has ever seen before.

"What? A wooden sword? Hahahahahaha! Are you making fun of me?!"

This is not just a wooden sword. It is a sword made of the World Tree, which has supported the world since the time of the creation of heaven and earth. It has a strong divine energy and has a suicide attack against the evil ones. It is the natural enemy of demons and demon tribes!"

 I hold up the [Sword of the World Tree] in my hand.

 At first glance, it looks thin and fragile, but this sword can never be destroyed, even with the power of the gods.

'With the combined power of both Selvia and I, Abel the Hero, we will defeat you!"

13