c5
2.7k 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm so proud of you, Cain! I'm touched!"

"Wow!!"

 As I exited my father's room, Sister Eris hugged me.

You're like a fairy tale hero, taking love over Prince Leon's orders! So cool!"

 Sister Eris is a beautiful, blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl with breasts that have grown so large they are disproportionate to her sixteen years of age.

 No, more importantly, was she listening to my conversation with father just now?

Sister Ellis, I'm not impressed with your overhearing, you know?"

 I probed her. 

 If she misunderstands that I took Selvia as my fiancée for the sake of gain, and if she gets wind of it, it's a bad thing. ......

'Yes, because it seemed like Selvia was crying a lot, and I thought something must have happened to her! That crying wasn't from being mistreated, it was from happiness, right?"

 Sister Eris smiles like a prankster.

I never want to bully Servia, I told her that I would never bully her, but she wouldn't listen to me. Did seeing her again rekindle your love for her?"

 This, this sister is ......

 I feel both relieved and disappointed at the same time.

 She's getting into her brother's love life and making fun of it.

 It's a serious matter over here.

"Well, yes, you're right: ......!"

 However, in order for me to be happy with Selvia, the cooperation of sister Eris is also essential.

I told my father that it was in my best interest, but Eris, who originally expressed her dissatisfaction with the prince's orders, should know my true feelings.

'That is why you should be kind to Selvia, too, sister Eris. She must be deeply hurt by being treated as a false saint in the royal palace."

"Oh? You're super handsome, Cain, to be so caring! Yes, yes! Of course. As a love cupid, I'll make things work out with Selvia, so don't worry!

 Sister Eris is smiling broadly and is very excited.

 I think I can cope with my sister now.

 The whole family must give Servia a warm welcome.

"Hehehe! Cain, for what it's worth, you saved the last letter from Servia. You really loved that girl, right?"!

'Yes, that's right. ......!"

 I can't help but laugh at the high level of tension between sister Eris and me.

However, as expected of my own sister, she was right on the money with her remarks.

 Before I regained my memories and personality from my previous life, I had strong feelings mixed with love and hate towards Selvia.

 When I found out that Selvia was going to be my fiancée again, I took the trouble to take out that farewell letter, read it over, and broke down in tears.

 ......Ah, that. Wait a minute.

 I felt a faint sense of discomfort at the time.

"...... sister Eris, I have a strange question, but does the hazel flower have any special meaning ?"

 That's right. As I recall, a petal of a hazel flower fell from the envelope at that time. ...... 

 And, even though it had been more than a year, the petals had neither wilted nor shriveled.

'Eh, haze flower? Oh, that flower has a saying [eternal love]. Isn't it wonderful!"

 ...... Oh, shit. So that's what it means.

 I suddenly realized.

I, Cain, am a ridiculous idiot. Cain's no better than trash.

"What, wait! Where are you going, Cain?"

 Without turning back , I ran toward my room.

 I opened the desk drawer and checked the letter from Selvia.

 Inside the envelope, there was still a single petal of a hazel flower.

 A beautiful petal, still fresh.

 This, this. I was right, I knew it. ......

 Only the power of the [saint of the world tree] who rules over plants can pull off a trick like this.

"Hey, what's going on?"

 The puzzled sister Ellis calls out to me.

 But I was too absorbed in gathering my thoughts.

 

 In the game storyline, Selvia awakens to the power of the [Saint of the World Tree] three years later, after meeting the hero Abel.

 But what if Selvia had already awakened to the power of a saint?

 Selvia would have deceived herself and Prince Leon into believing she was a false saint.

 The motive is ...... probably love for me.

 The proof of this is this petal of the haze plant that has never wilted and has kept its original state. 

Sellvia revealed herself as the "Saint of the World Tree" and at the same time left a message saying that her love for you will live on forever.

 

 ...... Oh, shit, Cain is really a helpless fool.

 He was trying to bully Selvia, who had such a single-minded love for him, by becoming a pawn of Prince Leon.

'...... Sister Eris, I realized that I carelessly didn't prepare a gift to give to Selvia at the welcoming party. Can you help me pick the hazel flowers with me now? I would like to make a bouquet to give to Servia."

"Oh, my God, that's so nice! It's a perfect gift for a fiancée. I understand. Leave the packing to your big sister!"

 Sister Eris beat her chest and accepted.

 But there was no time left before the welcome party.

 From the garden beds, I hurriedly picked some hazelnuts.

 The gardener might get angry with me later, but there was nothing I could do.

 Sister Eris helped us shape them into a bouquet.

 My clothes were a little dirty, but I didn't have time to get changed.

 I went to the hall where Servia was waiting for me and where the welcome party was to be held.

"Cain, what have you been doing? You just barely made it. Don't keep your fiancée waiting."

 Father reproved me as soon as I entered the room.

 It seemed that he and Selvia were having a friendly chat.

 Selvia, who had changed into a formal dress, looked as beautiful as a moon goddess.

 For a moment, it was as if time had stopped and I was lost in admiration.

"I am sorry, Father. I had prepared a bouquet of flowers for Servia."

"Oh, ...... Brother Cain. Those are hazel flowers!"

 Selvia's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry. I'm a slow learner, so I finally understood the meaning of the letter I received from Selvia a year ago, with the help of sister Eris. The reply is this bouquet of flowers. Will you accept them?"

 It was the first time, including in my previous life, that I had ever confessed my love to a girl.

 I was so nervous that my heart began to pound, but I held out the bouquet of flowers with all my heart, wanting to respond to Servia's feelings.

"[Eternal love] ...... Yes, of course. Brother Cain."

 A large tear fell down Servia's cheek.

Taking a hold of the bouquet of hazel flowers, Selvia's small shoulders were shaking in small tremors.

"I'm so happy ...... right now!"

 

 Selvia was so overcome with emotion that she could barely manage a short reply.

 The rest became sobs, and no words were spoken.

 But this was only the start.

 Whether or not I can make Servia happy, who could never be happy in the game, remains to be seen.

 That is much more important than whether I live or die.

 Because I have never been loved so single-mindedly by a girl, including in my previous life.

 Above all, Servia is the game's most popular heroine.

 I didn't want to make her suffer.

"Then, let's have dinner together, Selvia!"

"Yes, yes, ......!"

 I took Selvia's small hand and asked her to be seated.

 A generous meal, meant to give her a false welcome, was steaming on the table.

"Selvia, it's been a long time. I'm Eris! From now on, you're officially part of the family!""

"As I told you earlier, you can regard me as your father from now on. No matter what happens, the Counts Schwartz and Viscount Fernando will always be allies. Let us go hand in hand!"

 Father said in a good tone.

'Yes, please, I'm looking forward to working with you. Uncle ...... no, father, sister Eris!"

 Servia responds with a carefree smile.

 Ah, this is it. I wanted to see this smile on Selvia's face.

 It was a smile filled with a sense of happiness that I could never see in my previous life.

 And so the first step as a family had been taken.

25