c69
796 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abel the hero's perspective.

"The power of illusion! Damn it, damn it! This forest, this forest has some kind of trap in it!"

 

 I ran away as fast as I could, without looking aside.

 It is nothing but humiliation for the strongest hero to run away.

 But it wasn't until I entered this forest that my detection skills stopped working.

 Anyway, if I get out of here, I should be able to manage.

 

'You, a hero, are running away? With your pride and joy, your unique skill [Unbreakable Courage], won't you get up and come at me again and again?"

The apparitions of the saint shoot arrows at you one after another, giggling.
 The arrows were enchanted with wind magic, which drastically increased their speed and power.

"What the hell?!"

 Obviously, this is a feat that only a master of bows and magic could pull off.

 This is not the saintl Selvia. Perhaps it is a skilled elf warrior in its own right.

 Five of them, and our attacks are completely ineffective.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!"

 I roll on the ground to avoid them and run away anyway, heading out of the forest.

 The forest is the territory controlled by the [Saint of the World Tree] and the elves in the first place, yes?

 After becoming a hero, the very idea of avoiding a battle in a place that is disadvantageous to me had ceased to exist.

The phantom of the Saint with a giggle and a wry smile chases after me.

"Don't tell me you can keep up with my speed!!"

 Moreover, countless arrows were shot from front and back, left and right, in all directions, relentlessly aiming at me.

'Damn it!"

 I selflessly shoot and avoid the arrows, but I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of arrows.

 Some of them hit me in the body, and my legs became twisted with pain.

'Aguooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

 No. The archer's presence cannot be detected by skill.

 I have no idea where the enemy is hiding or where they're aiming from.

 The reason I was able to dodge enemy attacks with ease until now is because I was able to perceive and anticipate the enemy's every move with my skills.

 Damn. Saint girl. You dare to do this to me, a hero.

 If I catch her, I'll make her regret that she was ever born. I'll give her every kind of pain I can think of!

 Relying only on that dark desire for revenge, I ran.

" Hey, ......!"

 In my rush, an unbelievable object appeared in front of me.

 The remains of the wood golem I had just beaten to death were lying there.

'It's back where it belongs?"

 I was shocked.

 I had run straight ahead.

 I have no idea what's going on.

'I'm sorry, but you're in the Elf's [ward of confusion]. Abel the Hero, I will never let you out again."

 The saint Selvia appeared behind me and made a joke out of me.

 This person, when did this person appear behind me ......

 This one must also be a phantom, or a monster in disguise.

'You will continue to wander in this forest until you die. In this forest, tormented by hunger and thirst, you will fight this illusion of mine forever. That is your destiny."

'What the hell are you talking nonsense?!"

 I screamed and slashed at the holy woman.

 But my sword still slipped through her.

"[Alvydus Fire]!"

''Goaaaaaahhh!!!''

 The saint released a fire magic, and my whole body was enveloped in flames.

 I roll around in a panic and desperately try to put out the fire.

 It's hot and it hurts. Why should I, the hero, have to go through this?

The forest is a place where people can live in peace and harmony. No birds or animals live here. All the plants here are toxic to humans. There are no food objects of any kind. Because I have created this forest to confine you."

 The power of the Saint of the World Tree is that of controlling plants. Then it's not impossible to create a forest from scratch.

"As soon as you set foot inside, I activated the [Warding of Confusion]. In here, not only your five senses but also your magical senses are deranged. Your detection skills won't function properly, you know?"

 Saintess Selvia smiled triumphantly.

 I will never allow a saintly woman to look down on me, a hero.

'Damn it! Don't you dare underestimate the power of the hero!"

 I finally extinguished the flames and chanted advanced light magic.

'Burn everything to the ground [Holy Flame ]!"

 That's right. If the saint creates the forest, then I can destroy the forest.

 

 She release the Holy Flame over a wide area.

 The aim is to start a fire and burn down the forest.

 I deploy a fire-resistant magical barrier to guard against it.

 Even if a fire breaks out, I will be safe within this magical barrier. Heat and smoke can be shut out.

 

"..... It's useless."

 

 Saint Selvia holds up her hand.

 The trees engulfed in fire crumble to tatters and are extinguished, and new trees grow in their place.

'If you destroy the forest, I will revive it. As expected of you, you can't burn down this whole vast forest in an instant, can you?'

'Ggh ......!'

 That's right.

 And without eating or drinking, eventually I will run out of energy and lose the use of my magic.

'This is Brother Cain's secret plan to defeat the immortal heroes. It seems that he sees you as his rival, but you should know that you are no match for him." 

 With a snap, Saint Selvia snapped her fingers, and countless undead crawled out of the ground and surrounded me.

'Within this [ward of confusion], the undead spring forth endlessly with unending resentment and attack you. You will no longer have a moment of peace, forever.'

[Gugu ......]

 The undead are all small fry, but when they come bubbling up endlessly ...... I will never be able to sleep satisfactorily again.

 This forest is truly the worst hell for me.

 Ha, but.

'Ahahahahaha! I see, I see, I see! But, oh, oh, my saint! Aren't you forgetting the most important thing!'

 I laughed out loud.

 Yes, I know. I still have a few more tricks up my sleeve.

"The fact that I, the hero, have appeared indicates that the Demon King's resurrection is imminent! The Demon King can only be effectively dealt with light magic of a hero! If the Demon King revives, what are you going to do! Aaahhh! Will the saint's favourite Brother Cain do something about it! Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo! That's absolutely impossible!"

"That's ......."

 Saintess Selvia snorted.

 'Whoa, it works after all"

As for the saint who love to work for the good of the world and others, oh, no way!  Hahahahaha! You can't do that, can you! You have to rely on the hero, right!

"Damn it, ......."

'If the Demon King revives, then you have no choice but to cry out to me, asking Hero-sama to save you! If that's the case, then, oh, oh, oh! In exchange for saving the world, get me out of here right now! And become my woman! And give me Princess Lydia! Give me all the beautiful girls in the country! If you refuse, I'll go and smash you and Cain to death before the Demon King does when I get out of here! I'll thoroughly destroy this kingdom too! Gahahahahaha!'

 As I laughed out loud, the saint bit her lip in frustration.

 The tables have turned. After all, justice will prevail. The hero is the righteous one.

'What ...... is such a thing? Yes, yes, I understand!

 The Saint seemed surprised, and began to speak into the void.

 What is it?

'It seems that Brother Cain's plan has worked. The Demon King's resurrection has been stopped.'

'Huh ......?'

 What are you saying, bitch?

 How is it possible for someone who is not a hero to do such a thing?

"This world doesn't need heroes any more. Brother Cain is the true hero who saved the world from evil!"

 Saintess Selvia announced, her eyes sparkling.

11