The man.
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man’s hairy arm sweeps across the night stand slamming into bottles of beer tightly packed into a square space without so much as a strand of light of separation. The empty bottles clang and rattle before dropping from the night stand onto the hardwood floor. The sounds of the bottles breaking into nonuniform specks and shards is enough to wake the man out of his drunken stupor. He begins to fling his arm back to his chest and springs into a sitting position.

 

 His eye sight, which still has specks of black and color moving around the man's vision, spots something of interest laying among the remains of the broken bottle. The man moves off to the corner of the bed with his legs dangling and his toes feeling the cold hardwood floor. He bends over and grabs what seems to be a pendant, he feels the cold aged metal in his palm and subconsciously squeezes his fist around the pendant. Opening the pendant reveals a picture of a little girl, and a mirror. The man peers at the mirror and sees nothing, not himself or his surroundings nor any reflection. “Weird” he remarks and just before he is able to scoff and leave it to collect dust, an engraving catches his eyes. The man runs his hands along the rusted engraving on the back of the pendent. The familiar feeling of sleepiness hits the man along with the most unusual case of goosebumps he has ever had. The car… the man remembers it all, and as the car begins to fill his mind, he is filled with remorse.

 

 As the paramedics reach the room of Jakob Lasbond they find the door locked with a do not disturb sign hanging on the doorknob. The paramedics finally break down the door and the man seizes with tears rolling down his face. They rush towards the man carefully but briskly stepping over bottles of prescriptions. Paramedics begin to attempt to resuscitate the man, however no amount of effort would ever reward them. As they inspect the room for a reason why, they find numerous prescriptions prescribed to numerous people all named different from the last, beer bottles throughout the room, a suitcase with clothes, and a dirty rusted pendant which lies within the man's closed palm..

0