Chapter 12 – Acceptance(3)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ran alone in the darkness, haunted by the screams of a little girl.

I was growing anxious by the second, where was I? What had happened?

Before my confusion could be answered I found myself back in the school courtyard.

The remains of the short green creatures, aka goblins, were littered around me.

The fear in Ryan's eyes only made it worse for me.

I gasped for air as I fell to the ground, "What happened?" I asked as Ryan went on guard.

"You killed them" replied Ryan as he slowly retreated the arrow he was pointing at me.

Before I had time to process what had just happened a voice in my head rang clear and loud, "I did it"

It was the same voice that I had spoken to earlier, I calmed down a little hearing the voice. I felt as if being cradled by the voice.

I stood up and looked around, the blue window was now congratulating me for the kills.

the timer was down to the last 5 minutes.

"You are a monster" cried Michel who was hiding behind Ryan,

"I am not!" I cried, I was as confused as he was.

"You are more dangerous than the goblins, you killed them mercilessly."

"I did not!" I cried as I dropped a bloody dagger from my hands.

"At least, I don't remember killing them...", I was scared, whatever resides in me just took control of me. Maybe it is a monster. Maybe I am the monster.

Tears welled up in my eyes, as Ryan slowly approached me.

"I am not a monster", I muttered as tears rolled down my cheek.

Michel looked taken aback by me crying and I could see the guilt on his face.

"Well you are a good monster cause you saved us" shrugged Michel

Ryan glared at Michel whereas I could not help but giggle at the statement.

"You are like the main character of a comic, maybe it was one of your skills, maybe you have the berserker"

"The what?" I asked as Ryan kept glaring at Michel.

"It's a skill" he explained

"skill?" I asked hoping to get information from Michel but out of the blue, a blue window popped up in front of me.

[ Skills: Berserker, Eye of God, [][][][][][][], Ruler of the dead, Tamer, Apprentice archer]

It frightened me with its appearance and I jolted prompting both Ryan and Michel to look at me.

"Did you get a skill window?" asked Michel excitedly before saying the word 'skill', and jolting with excitement as he stared into space.

I and Ryan shot each other a glance before he lifted a single eyebrow of his questioning the situation.

"Try saying skill", I muttered prompting Ryan to open his skill window.

He didn't seem too surprised maybe because he was aware unlike myself who got jump scared.

As each of us was busy looking at the window something in the bottom right corner caught my eye,

[Status]

I thought of the word status, and once again got jump scared by the sudden popping up of another window.

[Status :

HP: 60

MP: 5

Intelligence: 70

Agility: 7

Strength: 32

Vitality: 69

Fatigue: 78]

"Status," said Michel, prompting me to look up at him.

"how do you know all this" I asked.

It was unnerving, the fact that he was excited over the situation and the fact that he didn't seem fazed by this but rather joyful.

"Um.. "

before we could hear his answer another blue window popped up stating that the second trial was starting.

With that once again the angel-like being appeared.

The beaming sphere appeared announcing her appearance and then from the light she emerged like an angel from heaven but those who had witnessed what she had in store, sure were aware that she was the devil.

The hell bringer, everything started with her appearance. Everything started going south because of her.

Rage filled me as I saw her float around in the sky.

The dead bodies of my friends flashed before my eyes, I was enraged. What did we do to deserve this?

Why us?

As I pondered over the question staring at the lady, she once again started to speak.

"I hope you had a nice rest humans", she winced in disgust, "Your second trial begins now "

"There will be goblins and such summoned near you, survive."

"I wish you luck", She gave a gleaming smile before disintegrating once again.

I could not help but feel disgusted.

I looked at Ryan who wore a worried expression.

"Let us take refuge nearby and plan", prompting Michel to nod, for the first time he agreed with me which was amusing.

"Where should we go?" Asked Ryan.

"Let us go to the cafeteria, we need supplies"

Michel nodded at the statement with much reluctance.

"That would be our best choice" stated Michel prompting me to raise an eyebrow.

"I know of situations like this, I read comics and this has been a popular trope for stories recently"

I glanced at Ryan, who nodded at Michel's statement.

"We need to find the main character to stay alive"

"The main character?", I asked bewildered at how things were progressing.

"Yes", Michel replied filled with excitement.

"We need to survive first, let keep moving, talking can wait until the trial is over."

We started running towards the cafeteria, thankfully we did not encounter any goblins or such though what we did find had us on our toes and the ending to Michel's flashback was quite clear.

 

0