Chapter 17 Finding her (2)
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My mouth gaped as I stared directly at the oni's eyes. I fell on my back when the oni swung its bat on the door shattering it to pieces. 

The wood and glass chunks were flung into the air, and a piece of glass stabbed my arm, as I shut my eyes and shielded myself with my arms. 

Michel fell to the side in surprise, the oni tried to enter the classroom room but the Oni was too big to enter, I got up, grabbed Bella's bag and ran to the farthest corner of the classroom it was trying its best to enter the classroom and Michel followed me to the corner, his knee was bleeding from the fall.

"What do we do?" he shouted "I don't know!" I shouted back taken by fear, I took my bow out in a hurry and aimed an arrow at it, I shot at it hoping my luck would work this time too but unfortunately, my arrow missed it by a lot and hit the wall near it.

"What are you doing? Hit it properly" Michel shouted as he hung to my arm, "I am trying!" I shouted back at him when a bottle hit the oni and blasted like a bomb. The oni fell to the ground and another bottle hit the oni's head which was now lying on the flaming floor unconscious and injured, the oni's head was blasted open and I could see its brain matter fall out.

"what the fuck?" cried Michel holding my arm as he shook like a scared kitten. When from the distance came the nurse, "Are you guys alright?" she cried with another bottle with a cloth stuck on top in her hand outside the classroom.

I hurried out of the second door of the fast-burning classroom with Bella's bag.

"We need to get out of here before the fire spreads" said the nurse prompting me to nod, I quickly ran to Jiwoo and carried him on my back before looking back only to find the oni's body and a pool of flames blocking us from getting to the nurse. 

" We will come through the other staircase !" I cried which got an ok from the nurse, I and Michel hurried to the staircase with me behind him carrying Jiwoo, I could feel Jiwoo's blood drip on me. He was badly hurt. 

Michel and I hurried down the nearest staircase. "Hold up!" I shouted bringing Michel to a stop, "What?" he asked, I put Jiwoo down, his head was bleeding a lot, "give me your shirt!" I asked, "We need to bandage him up," I said prompting Michel to take off his shirt and hand it to me. 

I quickly wrapped it around Jiwoo's head trying to stop the bleeding, I then took off Jiwoo's shirt and wrapped it around the slit in his abdomen.

My hands were bloody, everything felt surreal that it had me wondering whether it was actually happening. I let out a deep sigh before carrying Jiwoo on my back once again before giving Michel a nod. 

We both ran down to the ground floor only to spot the nurse followed by Ryan, we quickly ran to be united with them. 

"Are you guys alright?" asked the nurse, "No, Jiwoo needs help!"I said, "Let's get him to the nurse's office, I will see to him there" she replied.

We quickly moved to the nurse's office and I laid Jiwoo on the bed where Ryan had been earlier.

The nurse quickly tended to his wounds, with a very serious look on her face. "Is he going to be alright?" I asked in a nervous tone. "I'm afraid not, he has been severely hurt."

Blood dripped to the floor from my arm, as the silence persisted, "Can you not heal him like you healed Ryan?" I asked breaking the silence.

"I honestly have no idea how I healed Ryan, if I could I would" replied the nurse much to my despair. "Maybe it is a skill" said Michel prompting all of us to look at him. 

"A skill?"I asked to which he replied "Yes, a skill like how yours is the berserker"

"Mam can you say the word skills," asked Ryan followed by the teacher saying "skills" She seemed surprised as she looked into space. A few minutes passed before the nurse said "Heal" pointing her palms at Jiwoo, once again the light came out of her palms, and this time it lasted for more than a few seconds. 

And once again the miracle happened, the blood retreated into Jiwoo's body and Jiwoo slowly woke up.

All of us almost jumped in happiness right as the nurse fainted again Ryan rushed to catch her as she fell to the floor. I and Ryan lifted her up and placed her on one of the beds right as Jiwoo woke up and sat upright. 

He seemed disoriented and confused, "where am I?" he asked.

0