Chapter 1 – A change unwelcomed
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Are you sure we won't get caught?" asked a woman with long black hair which fluttered in the dreary night wind as she stood shaken with fear that gripped her like the jaws of a crocodile. 

It was not supposed to be like this, none of this should have happened, it was not her fault! no... It was the fault of her husband, no.... it was the fault of her daughter, no it was the world's fault! 

The world had always been cruel to her, she was just the victim she thought as she dragged a small girl with dark black hair resembling that of the woman's drenched in blood which painted the ground like an art from hell. 

She dragged and dragged the girl's body as the little girl gasped for air. Blood drained from her body as her face grew paler and paler. 

The night concealed the crime as the life from the girl's body dripped out slowly. 

"Is this how I die?" wondered the girl, everything felt meaningless, maybe death would be her salvation. 

As her vision grew dark all she could do was pray, pray to the being that had been with her from the start, the being which was her God. 

"Oh great Vinius" she prayed as she breathed her last.

"Save us " 

Entry 001

Patient --- has been admitted due to abnormalities in behaviour after a head injury.

The patient has no memory and does not seem hostile. The patient is residing in the general ward.

The patient is incapable of speech due to no recollection of the spoken language.

Entry 002

The patient has not remembered anything in the past two weeks since admission.

Patient Herman, age 12 is being moved to the same ward as the patient due to the similarities in age.

Patient---- has shown no improvements.

Entry 003

Patient--- is now capable of saying a few words, which Patient Herman claims to have taught Patient----.

The patient is no longer wary of the nurses.

Entry 004

Patient--- has shown signs of delusions.

The patient wails at night while clenching their chest and keeps repeating 'sorry' and 'I Love you' nonstop.

The patient shows no abnormalities during the day.

The patient seems unstable.

Signs of prior abuse have been spotted in the patient's body.

Entry 005

The patient has been moved to intense care after a failed escape from the hospital. The patient wounded 2 staff members during the attempt.

The patient claims that the world is about to end and that they are here to help.

Entry 006

The patient has initiated self-harm practices. The patient is to be sedated.

The patient seems to want to draw something with their blood. The patient will be provided with art supplies.

Entry 007

The patient has shown no interest in the art supplies and seems to have started to engage in self-harm more intensely.

The patient is to be handed over to Doctor Angel's care.

The patient is to be drugged to stop themself from self-harm.

***

I have been living with the Angels for the past 2 years now.

I am their adoptive daughter, Luna.

We moved to this town around a year ago.

Father was my primary psychiatrist during my days in the mental institution.

My birth parents seem to have put me up for adoption after I was discharged due to financial troubles.

I don't remember their faces.

Father took me in after that and we have been family ever since.

I am currently in high school with my sister Isabella, the biological daughter of the Angels.

She was welcoming of me, which surprised me at the start.

She guided me through schoolwork during the early days, we are now best friends and sisters.

I am happy to have met her.

I don't remember much from my time in the mental institution but I do know that I was lonely.

I realized, that Isabella and I had different tastes in many things, I for one was athletic while she was not so keen on it

She is more of an artistic person, she loves drawing.

She told me her dream was to capture the world in its entirety in her canvases.

She was always thrilled about everything she saw because everything inspired her.

I was jealous and also in awe of her, her passion, and all the love she had.

We moved to Misty at the start of this year.

There were no proper sports clubs here.

They had but 2 sports clubs one for archery and another for athletics, I was sad knowing there was no football club.

But I did find out later that the guys in my school played football in their free time!

To my dismay, I realized this town was... odd, quite odd actually.

The people here were very much into stereotypes.

I had difficulty getting the boys to accept me into their team.

I was shunned right after I started school cause of my 'weird' appearance or so they say.

They fabricated rumours about me all on their own, some said I was a part of a gang, and others 'a pick me' and so on and so forth.

The boys looked at me like I was disgusting and made fun of me for no reason, and the girls called me a grandma for my white hair!

It was horrendous!

I even found scribbles on my desk asking me to leave!

Oh for the love of god, nobody would ever understand how much I wanted to bash their heads on the wall.

To be honest, after I saw how the boys played football, I knew I was the best footballer in town. They sucked so bad!

My sister helped me with the rumours, she had become the most popular girl in school simply by being herself.

She was quiet, kind, compassionate, prim and proper, and elegant like a swan or so they say.

I call bullshit on that! She has a much fouler mouth than I do! And a much nastier mind!

She just does not swear when she is not angry!

She could tear a person down to bits if she wanted, with words I mean...

The audacity of the people in this school seemed boundless, they went over to my sister and bad-mouthed me!

Her sister! Can you believe it?

She got to know about the gossiping and the next thing I knew the disgusted, condescending and mocking stares had disappeared within a week.

I was so happy my sister was not my enemy, the girl who was bullying me the most got shunned by the WHOLE SCHOOL!!!

As I rode my bike with my sister to school I saw Ryan ride his bike towards us in the distance.

He was the same height as me, 6 feet.

He had almond-brown hair and mystical eyes which resembled oak, they were deep and always glimmered with hope.

They were not always like that though.

His skin was the color of ivory and he was also as strong as one too.

I saw him ride his bike on the road covered with trees on either side.

The breeze was cool, and the sun shined brightly, I looked over my shoulder to spot a beautiful girl, shorter than me around 5 foot 4, with jet-black hair that resembled the night sky, an oval face colored in milk white, her lips a shade of peach, and her cheeks flushed like tomatoes.

My sister, also looking at Ryan.

I couldn't help the sly smile that came upon my face, my sister liked Ryan and I was no stranger to that news unlike herself.

She had yet to realize her feelings and I was in no rush to tell her.

Ryan was the son of a professional archer in town, around 5 months ago he asked me to help him get better at football in return for teaching me archery which I agreed to because archery sounded cool but I had no idea how painful it would be for me.

Now I am somewhat good at archery and so is he at football.

We bonded during our exchange and we have been best friends ever since.

"Howdy Luna !" cried Ryan while waving at me from a distance as he approached me at the intersection.

Bella quickly stopped gawking at him and side-eyed me hoping I didn't catch her staring.

I kept my eyes fixed on Ryan as she let out a silent sigh of relief.

"Sup !" I greeted him back loudly. I nodded at my sister to go ahead without me while I waited for him, she scurried giving me a nod of acknowledgement with her still-flushed cheeks.

Ryan rode his bike as fast as he could to reach me,

"What's up?" I asked him as he panted for dear oxygen to fill his lungs next to me.

He took a minute to catch his breath and replied.

"Nothing much mate, same old wake up early in the morning for the morning rituals; my old man never gives me a god damned break."

"Chill dude, ain't you already used it by now? " I knew he had it tough after all his father did want him to be a professional archer just like himself.

"nuh uh, try waking up early in the morning and doing archery when you are barely outta bed."

"not my problem dude," I told Ryan as I laughed at his face.

I continued, "You ready for today's pop quiz Ryan? The teacher told me it was gonna be tough"

I saw his face contort to a worried and confused expression.

"We had a pop quiz? How come I never heard of it ?" I knew he would ask, he was a klutz and I was gonna use it to my advantage.

"He told us just yesterday bro, you were there remember?" I stared at him, making a 'you kiddin right ?' kinda face

"I don't" With that his face relaxed before he continued "Does it matter though, I have a trusty friend who will help me through it anyway."

He put his hand over my shoulder and initiated the walk to the school while we held our bikes in our hands which I was quick to get rid of and shouted

"Oh hell no !, I ain't helping you cheat!"

At least not until he offers me something. Getting answers from the school topper requires a pay!

He jogged a little to catch up to me before stating "I'll buy you 2 cartons of chocolate milk"

There we go, now the negotiations begin. I smirked.

"I want choco bread too"

"Then the deal is sealed" he exclaimed while putting his arm back around my shoulder as we laughed ourselves silly.

We then started making our way to school as we continued our banter only to realize we had taken up too much time.

The front gate had already closed and the school had started.

We stared at each other baffled and came to a nonverbal agreement on what to do.

Had I known what was to come, I wonder would things have been different, would the ending have changed? It wasn't our fault yet it is us who suffer.

Would you die in the dark or fight in the light? Would never knowing the truth be better?

***********************************************************************************************

***********************************************************************************************

Heyya ! wat do u think of this chapter ? tell me how I can improve and what you think about this, I really appreciate your comments they get me pumped !!

1