Chapter 5 – A change unwelcomed(5)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 

 

Ryan walked away from the club area with tears welling up in his eyes. He just could not understand the change in his friend.

They had been best friends, and he questioned if they still were.

He could not understand how Luna was so calm and composed when seeing the corpses. They were her friends too! But she didn't even bat an eye.

He felt rage towards her, he resented her and felt she was a monster a stranger he didn't know. He blamed her deep down. He too could feel he was just taking it out on her but he was too full of emotions to care.

Why did Luna not tell me that she had completed the trial? Wondered Ryan. He felt her reaction to all that was happening to be odd.

He had a feeling she felt responsible but he could not understand how.

He also realized she did not answer his question. He remembered all the times they fooled around together.

Today was no different at least until that flying lady popped up, he thought.

He questioned if all this was actually happening, with his bow in one hand and an arrow in another. He walked vigilantly through the tiled path being vary of any noise he heard.

He wanted to believe all this was just a dream, a nightmare but everything felt too real.

He felt he had lost his best friend, she was the only one Ryan felt comfortable confiding in.

He thought about what Luna was to him.

Luna's appearance changed his life, she was special to him.

His mother was very strict, she would hit him and make him study. He still remembered all the days when she would lecture him nonstop on how he had to study and not hang out with others and waste his life.

He had always wanted to play with his friends in school but ever since he was a kid his mother would forcefully bring him back home and make him study.

He felt like he was caged and that he would never get out.

His father and mother never got along.

His father wanted him to practice archery while his mother wanted him to do nothing but be the perfect child she envisioned.

When Luna first came accompanied by her sister, everyone compared them, and so did he. He hated her and felt her existence itself was ridiculous.

She was by no means perfect, she had short hair which was ridiculous for a girl. Her hair was white like that of old people it felt like a joke to him.

All the girls made fun of her behind her back but she didn't seem to care, He thought she was dumb. She wore shorts, which made him question her sanity.

His mother warned him to not go near her, which he too agreed on.

Her sister seemed perfect, she had long black hair, a beautiful face, and was kind and compassionate.

He got close to Luna because he felt like rebelling, and he too was curious about this weird creature that popped up seemingly out of nowhere.

Many rumors were circulating about her in school and he too was interested in them. He learned she had been trying to get the boys to accept her so she could play football with them.

He had used that as an opportunity to talk to her, He proposed teaching her archery after seeing her interest in it.

First, he felt the discrimination from the boys the weird pick-me girl, and the stuck-up goody two shoes were now hanging out together.

They had a hard time securing a place to play, Luna was still trying to get close to the boys, waving and smiling at them and always being kind which he felt was idiotic, he felt she was flirting with them.

He could not understand why she would act that way when her reputation was in shambles. He saw her watch them like a hawk and sometimes smile, no it was more of a sneer. He never understood her reaction to all that was happening.

Luna unlike his expectations was a very good teacher, she paid attention to every detail.

As time passed he realized he really genuinely did like their time together. His mother was very angry at him knowing he had misbehaved after a call from the history teacher one day. 

She threw objects at him in a fit of rage which his father was quick to stop and Ryan ran away from home.

He walked through the dark streets which were cold and scary. He had never had such an experience. His mother always made sure nothing troubled him and told him how much better he was than the others.

He missed his warm room and the snacks his mother would prepare when he studied like she wanted. He wanted to turn around but he kept walking for some reason. He wondered why Luna was the way she was.

He came to like her as they spent time together, she was the first person he was close with other than his mother.

As he kept walking he found the streets to be not as dark as he had perceived as moonlight illuminated his path.

It was no longer scary.

He walked aimlessly and before he knew it he found Luna coming out of a convenience store.

It was a pleasant memory for Ryan, he came to a halt after realizing how unfair it was of him to have asked Luna about how she would feel if he were to die.

He turned around and started dashing back to find Luna and apologize to her. He did not know why she didn't tell him she had passed the first trial and so he would ask her why.

***

I laid on the cold hard ground unwilling to get up.

I smelled the scent of soil from the ground and the scent of blood.

It was nauseating, I wondered why I could not answer him.

I didn't know how I would feel if he died, I felt numb.

I had so many inexplicable feelings welling up inside me. Guilt, regret, rage, sorrow, hate, and fear. But I could not figure out why.

I felt the deaths were my responsibility to carry.

I felt a burning hate within me, for me and all of what was happening.

'Do you want revenge ?' asked a voice in the back of my head.

I didn't feel frightened or surprised, it was not my first time hearing this voice, it was my voice but I was not thinking that.

"yes"

'I would have to go against lots of powerful beings'

"like the angel?"

'Angel? That disgusting thing is far from that, and no. What I would have to fight against are not beings as weak as the first stage manager. I would be going up against beings inconceivable by modern humans.

Beings that have no time and all the time, beings who exist and yet don't.

I am a human now, I would never be able to fight against all of them on my own, I would need allies.' Even though it was my own voice I could feel it knew things I could not fathom.

"What are you ?" I asked my voice.

'I am you, do you not feel it? We are one and the same.

you must also feel it, what you need to do and what you must sacrifice and why.'

"For all of them"

'Yes, I carry a responsibility and it must be fulfilled.

I was created for such a purpose and that has been what I have worked towards.

In this world where the demons have greater control the celestial's power was weak making it possible to infiltrate this world.'

"This has to be the last war"

'I have lost my powers since I cut them off to be able to become human.'

"The only chance I have"

'Many are going to be sacrificed, but I have to prevent it as much as possible. '

...

It had been a few minutes now, I was overflowed with emotions. I didn't remember for who and what I felt them for.

But it was clear now, what I had to do. My first goal would be to figure out what the first tower was based on.

I think I know what they are based on, all that's left is to survive and find information on it.

I got up and dusted myself off. I looked at the club room where the four of them lay dead. Tears started flowing down my face, I quickly wiped them off.

I realized, when I saw the corpses, something in me broke and I repressed my feelings. Maybe I did not feel any of that was actually happening. I was deluding myself by saying it was all fake.

Somewhere in me, I wanted to believe that all of this was my own hallucination, that I was making it all up, and that I would wake up.

But I didn't have time for that now. I had a feeling about what was to come, and I knew it would come.

I had to act fast so that I could prevent innocent deaths like such.

I closed my eyes and promised that I would avenge them.

I turned around and saw someone running towards me in the distance. 

***********************************************************************************************

***********************************************************************************************

Heyya ! thank you for reading !! tell me ur thoughts on this chapter ! I rlly apreciate yall !! <3

0