Chapter 8 – That morning(1)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*disclaimer: This chapter starts at a different time than others, there is no mistake*

It was just another beautiful day.

Birds chirped, leaves rustled as a young boy ran through a park to get to his school. He was tall, maybe around 5 foot 9 inches.

He had shiny black hair like ebony, and his skin resembled pine wood. His lips were the color of freshly blossomed pink cherry blossoms.

He was handsome. His eyes, seemingly made of aquamarines, made every girl's heart thump.

And today too one such girl who had gotten her heart stolen by him was waiting in front of the school gate as early as 6 am.

She had been there since 5 am after having caught news of the upcoming competition for the sports clubs.

She stood in front of the gate, anticipating his arrival.

On a chilly morning with a skirt that barely reached below her knee, it was no wonder as to why she gleamed the shade of a pomegranate.

She rubbed her hands, trying to keep warm as she looked longingly in the direction of the park.

She wore a white shirt that had been tucked into her dark green skirt. On her shirt was a name tag that read Celine.

She held a letter covered with a pearly pink envelope sealed with a red heart sticker, with her pretty hands.

She had been preparing for this day for quite a while.

She caressed her long golden brown hair, which flowed down her shoulders and cascaded around her as a chill breeze blew at her.

Her eyes, seemingly made of obsidian, looked at the park with anticipation, trying their best to spot who her heart longed and ached for.

The boy ran through the park hurriedly, as he tucked his hands into a self hug.

It was chilly, and he was running late. He ought to have been in school by 5:30, but it was already well past 6 now.

He hurried along as he worried over the scoldings he would get from his club mates who had all planned to practice early in the morning.

"Damn it! I should have set multiple alarms, "he cried as he ran like a bullet to the school.

The tall school building came into his view and he ran even faster.

Celine looked at the letter in her hands as her cheeks turned cherry red.

A warm feeling enveloped her inside.

It was also just another normal day.

She was in middle school sitting on her bench talking to her then classmates.

The teacher asked for the class's attention and informed them of a new student joining them.

She too was curious about the student, but it was strictly because she wondered whether she would get a new playmate or not.

In her town, Misty, by the age of 6 or younger, you realize that girls and boys are different. The adults treated them differently, and the kids followed that.

She was no different.

Had the new student been a boy, she would have nothing to do with him.

She looked in anticipation as the student entered. She lost interest right after realizing the student was wearing shorts.

As she was about to avert her gaze, some blue jewels caught her eyes.

Sparkling in the sunlight, they looked deep and very pretty.

She couldn't take her eyes off those jewels. She stared at them, lost in emotions.

Since then, she had been infatuated with those jewel-like eyes.

She was but only infatuated with his eyes and she believed that was all he would mean to her, but high school changed it all.

He suddenly became more charming, handsome, and breathtaking, his deep voice lit a raging fire inside her every time and his smile made her feel like she was covered in warm sunlight huddled in bed, the pleasant feeling of comfort.

She was jealous of his friends, who spent so much time with him.

She always wanted to talk to him.

He was also her hero who saved her from potential bullying from the mean girls in school who always made it about themselves. They were what anyone would call a boss Karen.

She felt the pent-up anger inside her, thinking of the boundless audacity and shamelessness they seemed to have.

She calmed herself down. It was not the time to get angry over that.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, calming herself. She opened her eyes again, only to find Michel running through the park.

Michel, the blue-eyed boy who had stolen her heart.

Her mind went blank as tension gripped her from head to toe.

She felt her knees go weak, and her heart was in her throat.

She felt the whole world spin, oh how she wanted to back out of it, but she was determined.

She stood her ground as Michel ran towards the school gates.

The boy ran towards the school gates, praying his mates would find it in them to go easy on the scolding. He saw a girl with brown hair standing in front of the gates with a letter in hand.

He knew what this was about already. This girl was not the first one to try this.

A handful had confessed to him already.

He could never understand why these girls he'd barely ever even spoke to came to him confessing their love.

No, he understood the reason pretty well.

It was his looks; he knew it and yet he could never digest such a reasoning.

If these girls had only stuck to confessing, it would not have been a problem for him, but they did not.

They stole his clothes for some twisted fantasy, but to cover up the crime, they also stole other items from other club members.

He would have been content not knowing this and yet, one of them confessed to their crimes as she forced him to be in a relationship with her, validating her point by saying he smiled at her.

But for all he knew, that was the first time he ever saw her.

Frustration rose inside him, but he managed to calm himself down. He stopped a few feet away from the girl, then calmly walked towards her.

He stood a good few meters away from this girl, about to confess her love because, for all he knew, she could try to stab him after the rejection. It might seem extreme, but it already happened once.

He stood there looking at her and the letter in her hands as she nervously handed over the letter to him.

He calmly took it from her hands and put it in his pocket. He waited for a good two seconds before leaving, though he kept a stern face.

He was but a train wreck of emotions inside. The fear of almost being stabbed still lingered.

He had broken out in a cold sweat, but it was unnoticeable.

He kept a steady walk towards the club area, increasing his pace with time in fear.

As he walked, he heard two boys calling out to him in the distance, to unfamiliar students.

He walked towards them, heeding their call unsuspecting.

He was rather relieved to meet other people, males, to be exact.

He would have freaked out had it been more females, for all he knows they might gang murder him or kidnap him.

The boys shot each other a glance before asking him to follow them to the cafeteria.

They did act weird, but Michel followed nevertheless.

Right as he entered the cafeteria, they pushed him into the tables and closed the door behind shut, and used a chair to block the handle.

Michel, flustered, confused, and surprised, smiled at them as he got up from in between the benches.

His body was in pain from having fallen on the benches, but there was no major harm.

He looked around, wondering if this was some stupid prank. But to his dismay, they were the only ones there.

He looked back at them, and the look of contempt from them finally set his alarms off.

He gulped after realizing that something was wrong. He quickly put on a bravado.

Warning signs rang loudly in his brain as he slowly adjusted his coat and glared at them.

Had he not been good at acting, he would have been shaking and crying in fear.

Which he technically was, but internally.

Tensions rose in the cafeteria as Micheal and the other two students got into a staring contest trying to intimidate each other.

Micheal, terrified at the situation, contemplated his options. He was not good at fighting or studying. He had but two hobbies which he loved direly, reading and games.

His brain quickly ran through every single thing he had read and played until that point.

He could not find anything that could help. The staring continued, and now the tension had reached its limit.

The slightest movement was all it would take for it all to burst, of course, his farce was included.

But then suddenly the most unexpected thing happened, and all 3 stared wide-eyed. 

*****************************************************************************************

*****************************************************************************************

Thank you for reading flocks ! I really appreciate it !! pls comment your thoughts on this chapter and how I could improve it and any errors you find !! lov yall !! <3

0