Chapter 40 : The Disclose Of Truth
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Maahi returned home, she recounted all that had happened in the past to Rehaan. After listening to her story, he was left speechless and silently retreated to his room. Sensing that he needed time to process, Maahi refrained from following him. Rehaan shut the door behind him, leaning against it as he sank to the floor. Tears streamed down his face.
"Tevin..." he whispered, shutting his eyes. "It was my fault. I failed to see the pain in your eyes." Standing up, he made his way to the drawer, pulling out a photo and gently caressing Tevin's image. "Why didn't I stay to comfort you when you needed me the most?" he murmured to himself, embracing the photo tightly as he wept uncontrollably.

[Next day]

Rehaan sat in the hall, feeling distracted and lacking the courage to face Tevin. Concerned by his behavior, his parents approached him and he opened up about everything that had been happening. His mother gently held his right hand, offering words of wisdom, "Rehaan, I always told you that there is a reason for everything."
"Mother, why...I couldn't see it before," Rehaan replied.
"It's never too late, son. Your happiness is still within reach. Seize it and hold onto it tightly," she reassured him, cupping his face. "I don't want to lose a son-in-law who is a star."
Rehaan chuckled, "Mother, you're teasing me." He glanced at his father, "See, Pa, she's making jokes even now." Wiping away his tears.
His father smiled and took his other hand, "Rehaan, I understand that Tevin has wronged you in the past. But it was because he lacked guidance on what's right and wrong...Now, as your mother said, you have the power to bring him the happiness he deserves. And he can give you the love you've always yearned for," he explained.
"Shall I call him, Father?" Rehaan inquired.
"No, my son, engage in a face-to-face conversation. Not every emotion can be comprehended through a phone call," his father advised.
Rehaan smiled. "I shall go and meet him now, Father," he declared.
"That's our courageous son," both of his parents exclaimed.
"Oh, you two are so open-minded," Maahi chimed in. "Will you react the same way when I fall in love?"
Mother smiled warmly. "Certainly, my dear. Both of you have the right to choose the one you love," she affirmed, gently patting Maahi's head. Maahi smiled and nodded in agreement.
Maahi received a call from Sam. "Speaking of the devil," she muttered, answering the call.
"Hello, Sam," she greeted, glancing at Rehaan. Rehaan looked at her, curious to know about Tevin.
Maahi, Tevin has been involved in an accident. He is currently at the hospital, Sam informed her.
"What! When did this happen?" Her voice turned serious. Rehaan looked at Maahi, awaiting an answer.
We are at the SQT hospital, Sam replied.
"Alright, we will come right away," she responded before ending the call.
She turned to face Rehaan.
"Brother, Tevin has been in an accident," she informed him.
Rehaan stood up in shock.
"Mother...is this because of me?" Rehaan asked, his voice filled with guilt.
"Do not dwell on such thoughts, my dear. And do not worry, son, everything will be alright," his mother reassured him, holding his hands.
"Rehaan, go and see him now," his father instructed.
Maahi and Rehaan dashed to the room, swiftly changing their attire before hurrying to the hospital. In the midst of their haste, Sam sent Maahi a text message disclosing the room number - 301, located on the third floor. Without wasting a moment, they stepped into the elevator, ascending to the designated floor. As they made their way towards the room, they noticed Sam standing outside, accompanied by Druv, Daksh, and Aarav, all seated on chairs.
Approaching Sam, both of them drew closer. Sam rose from his seat, acknowledging their presence. "You guys have arrived," he exclaimed.
Curiosity brimming within him, Rehaan inquired, "What happened to Tevin?"
Sam responded, "Fortunately, nothing too severe. He had an accident while riding his bike, colliding with a tree, rendering him unconscious. Thankfully, there were no major injuries, but his left leg suffered a fracture. He needs rest. And he..."
Interrupting Sam, Rehaan interjected, "May I see him now?"
Sam paused for a moment, contemplating, before replying, "Hmm, yes. However, he is currently asleep inside the room. Would you prefer to wait until he wakes up, so you can have a conversation?"
Determined to catch a glimpse of his friend, Rehaan asserted, "I simply wish to see him now. I won't disturb his slumber."
Nodding in understanding, Sam agreed. Maahi, understanding the need for privacy, waited outside while Rehaan ventured into the room alone.

 

To be continued...

0