Chapter 13 : I Want to Be Hospitalized
88 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Penguin looked at the bright smile of Adrian and suddenly realized how he had felt that strange sensation when he saw Adrian.

It was a feeling of complete uncertainty about what the other person would do next.

Penguin had experienced this feeling several times with the Joker, that madman.

However, the Joker's madness was evident; the people of Gotham City knew that the Joker was a crazy guy with green hair, exaggerated red lips, and a pale face. 

Meeting him meant being in deep trouble for a lifetime.

Even if one didn't know about the Joker's crazy deeds, just by seeing his appearance, one could easily determine that he was definitely a psychiatric patient.

Adrian, on the other hand, was reserved.

Everyone who saw Adrian would only think of him as a harmless and reliable young man.

"Are you sure you want to go to Arkham?" Penguin further confirmed.

"Of course," Adrian nodded. How else would he find Bane if he didn't go to Arkham? And without finding Bane, how could his great cause continue?

"I can take you there, but once you're inside, I won't be able to help you," the Penguin said.

Actually, that statement was a bit inaccurate.

For the Penguin, getting some necessary help inside Arkham Asylum was not an impossible task.

Gotham City was a corrupt city, and many people within its government institutions were unscrupulous.

Even Gotham's conscience - Gordon, the police commissioner - had quite a few corrupt cops among his ranks.

Otherwise, how could the Penguin, a crime lord, thrive in Gotham City? And how could a bunch of criminals frequently escape from prison?

It was a distortion of human nature and a moral downfall!

By throwing heaps of money around and bribing some asylum staff, Adrian could receive the necessary help within the asylum.

Otherwise, how was Bane transferred to the asylum, erasing all traces of information?

But this wasn't the Penguin's concern; he wasn't Adrian's nanny.

"As long as I can get you there," Adrian said.

However, Adrian also hadn't expected the Penguin's method of delivery to be so straightforward - he thought at least the Penguin would arrange for him to enter with a patient's identity.

Unexpectedly, the Penguin used a yacht to bring Adrian to the edge of the island, considering it sufficient once Adrian stepped onto the island.

Fortunately, Adrian didn't expect too much from the Penguin - having a yacht pick him up and some information on the island were enough.

The map of the island that the Penguin had obtained and some information about the asylum's staff were noted down by Adrian, who casually threw the documents into the sea before officially heading towards the island's interior.

This island was divided into three parts: the west, the middle, and the east, relatively independent of each other.

The middle had the only entrance connected to Gotham City, with two unique "paths" leading to the east and west regions, respectively.

To move from one part of the island to another, one had to either go through the sky or dig underground; otherwise, they would face strict scrutiny.

Each part had its own buildings. Adrian was currently in the west part of the island.

There were two structures: the island's medical centre and the suppression centre.

The medical centre's purpose didn't need to be explained.

The suppression centre, on the other hand, was specifically used to detain those who had completely gone insane, were highly aggressive, and could hardly communicate.

Walking along the rough, not-so-much-a-road path, Adrian found it quite challenging to truly step into the realm of Arkham Asylum.

The west of the island was partly surrounded by "mountains," with a "clearing" in the middle. The two buildings were on the southern and northern sides. The medical centre had a total of five floors, appearing a bit greyer compared to a regular hospital, resembling more of a church. The suppression centre gave off a feeling of oppression.

There was also a small room resembling a security room on the ground and a building resembling an observation tower, allowing surveillance of most of the western part of the island.

However, there was currently no one on either of the two observation towers.

Instead, there were a few heavily armed security personnel in the security room, wearing bulletproof vests.

They could barely be considered part of Gotham City's law enforcement system; however, they didn't belong to the Gotham City Police Department. Their true immediate boss was the asylum's director, a capitalist named Sharp.

"Captain, there's someone here?"

Inside the western security room, a "beep beep" sounded, and soon someone pointed at the monitor and said.

This island was a natural barrier, surrounded by sharp rocks and sharks. Trying to escape by jumping into the sea was essentially a dead end.

For an outsider to enter was slightly simpler - only slightly.

This was because a few places that truly allowed entry into the asylum area from outside the island were equipped with cameras and alarms. Unless someone descended from the sky, they would be noticed.

Adrian's actions were clearly visible on the screen.

"How can someone appear there? Go and bring him to me," the captain of the western region security was stunned for a moment and then said.

There were a total of seven security personnel in the security room.

Originally, two should have been on the observation towers, but at this time, it was around two o'clock in the afternoon, and the temperature was very high. No one wanted to go up and endure the scorching heat of the sun, so they all stayed inside the air-conditioned security room.

The size of this security room was only "small" relative to the other two buildings; its size was similar to an ordinary classroom.

Four security personnel went out with their guns in hand.

The guns they held resembled rifles and could switch between tranquillizer guns and real bullets.

There were ten tranquillizer rounds and twenty real bullets.

At the moment, the weapons held by several individuals were in "tranquillizer gun" mode. They would only switch to "real bullets" in the event of a prison break.

"Hold your hands up!"

These four security personnel were quite professional; they raised their guns when they were still a distance away from Adrian, cautiously approaching while shouting loudly.

"Hey!"

Adrian very cooperatively raised both hands and waved twice, as if greeting them. This action stunned the security personnel.

What does this kid mean?

Before they could react, Adrian took the initiative to walk towards them.

"Back off!"

"Don't move!"

"Who are you, and why are you here!"

This move, on the contrary, startled the four security personnel, who shouted one after another.

In Gotham City, the death rate for police or police-like professions was quite high.

God knows if this suddenly appearing kid was a new dangerous element in Gotham City. These people seemed more nervous than Adrian, as if it wasn't Adrian being pointed at with a gun, but them.

"Don't be nervous."

Adrian accurately stopped just before the critical point where they might erupt. "I'm here to be hospitalized."

"What?"

"Hospitalized, this is an asylum - no, it's a psychiatric hospital, right? I'm a psychia

tric patient; I'm here to be hospitalized." Adrian said earnestly.

_____________

Read 30 Chapters Ahead!

Patreon.com/SkyImmortal

4