Chapter 22 : Downfall
58 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the sound of gunfire, the Joker fell, the peculiar gun in his hand dropping to the side.

For a moment, the scene fell completely silent.

Batman remained half-kneeling on the ground, his voluminous cape covering his entire body. His head was slightly bowed, the lower half of his face obscured in shadow, making it impossible to discern his current state.

The Joker lay completely still, not a single sound escaping him.

Only the huge noise of the helicopter rotor blades echoed above everyone's heads.

After a moment, a journalist's voice broke the silence: "Oh my, we saw the Joker shoot at Batman, and then... he shot himself. I don't know what exactly happened, but the situation now seems to indicate the Joker's dead?"

The final words carried a tone of uncertainty.

"...a madman."

From the "stand," Bane squeezed out two words through his teeth. Of course, the Joker didn't commit suicide; instead, he injected himself with the last Titan formula Type II: Berserk.

Because Batman had used the "antidote" on himself, apparently preventing any possibility of berserk behaviour, the enraged Joker injected himself with the Titan formula.

Despite Bane's understanding of the Joker's madness, this action shook him.

"In that case, have we gained two more specimens?" Adrian's voice beside him helped Bane recover from his shock.

"Haha..."

Before Bane could answer Adrian's question, a rhythmic laughter rang out again.

The Joker, who had been lying on the ground, rose. Not only did he stand up, but with his rising, his body began to continuously swell.

By the time the Joker stood tall, he had transformed into a nearly four-meter-tall humanoid monster with grotesquely exaggerated muscles covering his body.

The only thing unchanged was the Joker's head, still its original size, extremely disproportionate.

His once dismal green hair had thinned considerably. The Joker extended both hands in front of himself, staring at his continuously flipping palms, occasionally using his fingers to poke at his now sharp, knife-like nails.

"Hi there! Darling, do I look handsome like this?"

A twisted, cruel smile cracked across the Joker's face as he waved towards the helicopter, loudly asking.

"Oh no! My God! The Joker... he's turned into a monster!" Several people on the helicopter exclaimed in shock, while the cameraman captured the Joker's current form on camera.

"Hey, Bat, do you like my new look now?"

The Joker, with a slightly staggering gait, approached Batman, stooping down to ask.

Normally towering and formidable among ordinary people, Batman now seemed like a child in front of the Joker at this moment.

Without receiving Batman's reply as he remained half-kneeling, the Joker, without hesitation, moved to strike him with a slap.

Just as the slap was about to connect, Batman suddenly raised his right arm, managing to block the Joker's strike.

However, the Joker grabbed Batman's arm and forcefully flung him aside as though discarding a rag doll.

Batman crashed against a partially collapsed pillar, breaking it further, before tumbling to the ground, his cape torn open.

"Do you like this new strength? Batman." The Joker, instead of pursuing Batman, stood still, striking bodybuilder-like poses.

Watching from the "stand," Bane's eyes twitched continuously.

What did the Joker do with his Titan formula, turn it into a bodybuilding drug? This was an insult to his Titan formula!

At this moment, Batman, thrown to the ground, slowly rose.

Though still in his original size, he looked at the nervy Joker nearby, grabbed his cape from behind, and ripped it off.

"Oh, you're awake, my dear Bat-baby. Let Daddy tuck you in!" The Joker, who had dazzled everyone moments ago, immediately shifted his attention and target, rushing towards Batman.

His right hand clenched into a fist, striking towards Batman.

Batman didn't evade; instead, his right hand also formed a fist, choosing to collide head-on with the Joker!

Their fists clashed, and the one who staggered back two steps wasn't Batman but the giant Joker.

"This strength!" Bane immediately discarded thoughts of enhancing certain "functions," his eyes fixed on Batman, imagining the shocked expression behind his mask.

Although Batman's physique hadn't changed, he seemed to perfectly harness the power of the Titan formula!

This was utterly nonsensical!

With a punch, Batman pushed the Joker back. He didn't pursue but looked at his right fist, lowered it, moved slightly, and finally raised his head to address the Joker, "So, are you ready for a beating, Joker?"

"No!" The Joker seemed genuinely furious, more so than when the Titan formula had no effect on Batman earlier. He charged at Batman like a true monster.

The two "monsters" engaged in a brawl on this dazzling stage tonight.

Initially, the Joker seemed to have a slight advantage with his colossal size, but soon, Batman seized control of the fight.

Batman overturned the Joker's massive body.

As the Joker tried to get up, Batman's knee slammed into his chest, sending the Joker rolling.

Batman was like a shadow, fluidly maneuvering; he grabbed the Joker's arm and twisted it fiercely. Accompanied by a bone-crunching sound, the Joker's left arm twisted into an unimaginable state.

The excruciating pain made the Joker roar; one of his fingernails seemed to suddenly grow, wildly scratching in front of him, temporarily forcing Batman back.

However, this situation didn't last long. Soon, Batman seized an opportunity, leapt, and with a ferocious punch, struck the Joker's face.

Accompanied by flying teeth, the Joker staggered, toppled backwards, and after struggling twice, lay still, clearly unconscious.

Batman stood before the Joker, panting heavily. The recent fight had been an intense battle for him.

At this moment, almost depleted of energy, every part of his body ached, protesting.

Don't forget that Batman had undergone hardships to arrive at this "final stage"; he wasn't in perfect condition from the start.

"Clap!"

Just when Batman thought the night had ended, a clapping sound came from the "above" shadows.

Bane emerged from the darkness, clapping his hands, saying, "Batman, you truly surprise me."

"Bane?" Batman squinted slightly, his spirit suddenly lifted. Despite his previously staggering state, he stood firm again, as if strength was surging from every part of his body.

Bane's gaze hardened; he hadn't expected Batman to have the strength to fight again. But this was good; this was the fight he anticipated!

"Make way, Bane, you're in my way."

At this moment, a voice came from behind Bane.

Instinctively, Bane turned to the side, feeling a rush of heat pass by, followed by a deafening explosion.

The explosion occurred right beside Batman and the Joker, releasing a terrifying heat wave and shockwave in all directions.

The already devastated building trembled, raising doubts about whether it would collapse at any moment.

A large hole appeared in the floor, the unconscious Joker gained more wounds, and his body shifted. Batman, thrown into the air, crashed against a partially collapsed low wall, then onto the ground, losing consciousness.

"Done."

Adrian dropped the rocket launcher from

his shoulder, addressing the dumbfounded Bane, "Let's go, collect the experimental materials."

"..." Bane looked bewildered. He had prepared for a grand battle, only for Adrian to resolve it with a rocket launcher.

This was completely unexpected!

"Hurry, Gotham City's police will arrive soon."

Adrian urged, taking the lead in jumping down and heading towards Batman.

_________________

Read 30 Chapters Ahead!

Patreon.com/SkyImmortal 

1