Chapter 26 : Expansion
67 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"If we aim for mass production, merely having a research center won't suffice. We need a large-scale pharmaceutical factory," Bane began to contemplate seriously. "Moreover, when it comes to business, I'm not well-versed."

After all, Bane was a mercenary, a criminal. One couldn't expect him to be proficient in business.

A person who excelled in many fields—Batman alone was enough.

Yet, even Batman didn't have much time for commercial dealings and struggles. During the day, he played the role of a playboy. Wayne Enterprises' CEO wasn't him; it was Lucius Fox, managing Wayne Enterprises for Batman while simultaneously assisting in developing various cutting-edge high-tech equipment.

Without the inclusion of talented individuals, making Titan Formula Type 2 - Enhancements stronger and more widespread wasn't an easy task.

"So, we still need a partner," Adrian remarked.

"Who?" Bane inquired.

"The Penguin," Adrian stated. The Penguin was a gang leader, but he was also a businessman. He managed the Iceberg Lounge impressively. Business Wise, he had a commendable set of skills.

"Alright," Bane nodded, agreeing to the partnership choice made by Adrian.

Adrian retrieved his phone and began reaching out to The Penguin.

Approximately forty-five minutes later, The Penguin arrived at the lab, wearing a grim expression—not due to displeasure, but because the driver had raced there, leaving him somewhat queasy.

"Is everything you mentioned over the phone true?"

Upon seeing Adrian, The Penguin eagerly charged forward but was blocked by Adrian using an umbrella against his robust physique.

Bane promptly pulled The Penguin away to calm him down a bit.

"Phew," The Penguin heaved a long sigh, slightly regaining composure. "Have you truly developed a Titan Formula that can be mass-produced and widely distributed?"

"Yes, interested in a partnership?" Adrian proposed, "Let's strike a deal that'll bring in substantial profits."

"Fine, if the effects are indeed as you claim," The Penguin agreed promptly, although he maintained a guarded attitude.

"Hey," Bane sneered nearby, brandishing a syringe containing Titan Type 3 - Enhancement, "Try it yourself."

Without hesitation, The Penguin handed the syringe to his follower standing behind him.

Under the watchful eyes of The Penguin and Bane, the reluctant follower injected himself with Titan Type 3 - Enhancement. 

Soon, The Penguin watched in astonishment as the ordinary man transformed into a massive hulk.

The bulging muscles emitted a sense of "strength."

"Not bad, not bad."

The Penguin was highly pleased, addressing Adrian and Bane, "So, how shall we collaborate?"

"Simple," Adrian proposed, "None of us are typical businessmen. Let's keep it straightforward. Expand under the banner of Adrian's Pharmaceuticals, establish a pharmaceutical factory solely under my ownership. Privately, I'll negotiate shares with both of you. You each hold 30% ownership. Cobblepot, you manage operations; Bane, you handle research. That's the plan."

"What about you?" The Penguin inquired.

"Of course, I'll be counting money," Adrian confidently declared, "As the most critical intermediary, isn't this treatment fair and reasonable?"

"..."

"This treatment is too generous. And why keep it private?" Bane might not prioritize money much, but The Penguin was different; money was crucial to him.

"Tch," Adrian disdainfully responded, "Without me, where would this money-making opportunity come from? Moreover, do you want your shares to be public? Your trail of evidence would be so extensive that the entire Gotham City Police Department could use it for warmth throughout the winter."

"I'm the only one with a clean slate, unlike you 'small-time crooks' who end up in jail at the drop of a hat."

"If you get involved with Titan Type 3 - Enhancement, your factory would be shut down in minutes. Then, with 3.5 billion in debt, you'd have to flee with your secretary."

Legally speaking, "Adrian's Pharmaceuticals" had no connection to Bane; it was solely Adrian's asset.

The expanding "Adrian's Pharmaceuticals" couldn't be visibly linked to Bane or The Penguin.

It had to be an immaculate business entity.

"I'm not a small-time crook," The Penguin reluctantly stated.

Bane shrugged, seemingly leaving everything to Adrian.

"If there's nothing else, is it settled?" Adrian looked at the two.

"Okay," Bane nodded.

"Deal, kid, you're quite the shrewd businessman," The Penguin chuckled, boasting while completing the transaction. Adrian gained another 200 Wealth Points, reaching 3000.

However, this wasn't his primary gain. His true gain lay in the forthcoming "Adrian's Pharmaceuticals". For every dose sold, Adrian would earn a certain number of Wealth Points.

This was the continuous stream, the source of unending Wealth Points.

Whether Adrian was in Gotham City or this world, it wouldn't affect the increase in his Wealth Points.

"Alright, everyone, pay up for the shares. Let me say it again, none of us are serious businessmen, so there's no need to sign any written agreements. This money is all for Bane Pharmaceuticals' startup capital," Adrian said.

"We understand; we won't renege," The Penguin assured, not just referring to himself and Bane but including all three, Adrian included.

Under the supervision of the Staff of Wealth, this transaction was more effective than any legal contract—a powerful rule binding.

"Take me to see your achievements first," The Penguin requested Adrian.

"Right here." Adrian acted as a temporary guide, leading The Penguin into the lab and presenting Bane's accomplishments for the month.

Bane followed silently.

"Is this the perfect formula?" The Penguin's eyes glinted as he observed the Perfect Titan Formula displayed, resembling a green crystal. "If this were to be sold..."

"This won't be sold," Adrian stated, "We'll only produce and sell Titan Type 3. Type 2 - Rage and Destruction cannot be showcased and sold on the market. They can only be traded in the black market. You have connections in the underground channels."

"Too bad. But what about selling it to me?" The Penguin eagerly rubbed his hands, revealing his desire for the Perfect Titan Formula.

"That's fine. It'd be good to experiment on you," Adrian casually said.

This statement caught The Penguin off guard. Despite being partners with Adrian and Bane, he could only purchase one vial out of respect.

There was absolutely no way a second one would be sold to him.

How could they allow someone else to test its effects first? Speaking of which, due to the limited quantity, the Perfect Titan Formula hadn't undergone human testing; only a minimal amount was tested on mice. 

The effects on humans were deduced based on data analysis by Bane. If anything went wrong, it wasn't impossible.

"You seem worried," Adrian smiled, taking out another vial, "This one is more suitable for you."

"What type is this?" The Penguin asked.

"Titan Type III - Enlargement," Adrian said.

"Can it make me taller?" The Penguin's face turned ugly. 

Adrian had only briefly described it on the phone, naturally not detailing the names and effects of each Titan Formula.

The Penguin resolved that if Adrian was joking, he'd definitely give him a beating. There was no negotiation on this; it was about dignity.

"Of course," Adrian said, "But according to calculations, it'll only last a day or two."

______________

Read Extra Chapters Ahead!

Patreon.com/SkyImmortal 

1