reminders of the past
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why? ....................

"ahhh!" Tafni suddenly opened her eyes and rose from the ground.

"It was just a nightmare." She looked around and was plunged into shock.

"Is this a nightmare? Am I all dreaming about this ?!" She was again in a clearing in the middle of the forest, everything was exactly the same as last time.

"This is all a lie. This is all a lie! Lies! Lies! Lies!" she screamed.
"How could this happen? Why am I here? Why can't I remember anything? Why?!"

Tafni burst into tears. "Why am I doing this? If it's all true, why am I not dead yet?"

Tafni was about to wipe tears from her face with her hands when she noticed something on her palm.

It was a stain - a black dot on the hand like an inkblot on a white sheet.
Tafni began to examine it with curiosity.

"What it is?" she asked herself.
She tried to remove this stain from her hand, thinking that it was just dirt.

But she didn’t succeed, it was not dirt.

When she looked at the dot closer, she noticed something: it was not black, it was dark purple.
Tafni was at a loss: 'where could this spot come from?'

And later she understood. "So this is in the same place on the hand with which I collected water!"
Although Tafni found a possible reason for the appearance of this spot on the palm of her hand, it did not give her any answers about what was happening here.

"What am I supposed to do? Since it’s all real, and everything is the same as last time, then that river is poisoned, then how do I get water?" [request accepted! Connection to the NEO database. Loading: please wait]

"What the…"

[loading is complete! Asking for access to the system ...]

A mysterious voice sounded in Tafni’s head, and a dialog box appeared in front of her like in the video games.

[welcome to the system designed to improve humanity, named after our great state! Raveolla System]

"Hmm? This name seems familiar to me," said the Tafni continuing to examine the window with curiosity.

In addition to the text on this window, there were also two buttons
[continue] and [close]

Tafni pressed the [continue] button.

[user status: unknown, scanning required to continue working with the system, continue and start scanning?]

Tafni said yes as if she was already familiar with this system and used it a lot of times
[accepted, start scanning: 5% ..................]
[20%.......]
[23% ....]
[70% ..]
[scan completed]

"status" said Tafni
[status: race: unknown (not found in the database)
user level: citizen (basic functions available)
soul: formed, 1st level
body: has not been modified, level 0
Energy: mortal level life energy, basic control of the death and creation energies]

I seem to remember how it works.
This system had a basic list of commands that will allow me to become stronger, and understand what is happening here.

"News!" requested Tafni

[request accepted, access to the database is requested .... Database not available]

"What? The database is not available? Then how I have got access to the system?" Thafni thought in shock.

"Question: why does the system work without access to the database"
Tafni did not have time to complete the command before an alarming message sounded in her head.

[Warning! In the atmosphere there is, an increased level of magical energy of a chaotic type! Recommended finding a shelter containing as many light sources as possible, otherwise, the user, of the system, will die from the intoxication of chaotic energy]

It was a sunset, only a few hours remained before the beginning of the most dangerous period of time in this world - night.

……

"Rejoice, brothers! Today will be a historic day! As our prophet predicted! The magicians surrendered to us in shame!"

Screamed propaganda from loudspeakers on the city streets.

"The long war to defend our motherland was over! This is our victory! These damn magicians were defeated!" and crowds of citizens in these streets with faces full of tears and cried out in happiness.

"URAAAAAAAAA!"

This day, as propaganda said, became a historical event, but it was not known as a happy ending, this day was only the beginning of future nightmares and unrest.

The next day, columns of military vehicles began to return to the great state of Raveolla.

But on that day no one rejoiced. Because all this transport was only for transporting bodies, although a five-year war was won.
The victims were innumerable, only the strongest returned, which, unfortunately, was only 5% of the total troops sent. The war had been won only because of the last invention this year - the mechanoids.

They were the strongest weapon of this state, a weapon - which changed the course of the war. Weapons - which are more valuable than human lives. Weapon - which, as rumors say, have a heart.

0