Chapter 39: C-Rank hunter guilty for Murder!
304 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Ok, not many people are liking the story in this website... should I continue uploading here..?

P.S: If you are liking it then support the story on my Patreon and also read 40 chapters ahead.

♦♦♦♦

The next morning, news spreads quickly through the hunter community.

C-rank hunter Hwang Dongsuk, brother to prestigious S-rank hunter who had left the country and gone to the US- Hwang Dongsoo of the Scavengers Guild, has gone missing after allegedly murdering his girlfriend Soo Minghu in a drunken rage.

She had been beheaded by the rogue hunter in his room with no sign of him.

The scene also had some 18+ toys and a diamond ring.

The speculations are either Miss Soo had rejected his sexual assault (she is talking about BDSM) and then he killed her, because forensics have found torture marks on her or that Hunter Dongsuk had proposed to her and she rejected.

Reports also reveal that Hwang Dongsuk had numerous complaints filed against him over suspiciously high fatality rates on his dungeon raids.

It's also revealed the son of Chairman Yoo of the Yoojin Constructions died under mysterious circumstances during one of Dongsuk's expeditions.

And the most creepy part is all the previous cases plus this one were suspiciously swept under the rug.

The news anchor shakes her head. "If Dongsuk was capable of murdering his own girlfriend in a drunken rage, these past complaints were likely true as well. The Association should have investigated him sooner."

Another anchor comments with a bang on the desk, "Negligence had clearly allowed danger to slip through the cracks, costing innocent lives. Now a murderer ran free while his victims' families sought answers."

"Maybe because he is the older brother of Hwang Dongsoo who has backing from the Scavengers Guild that the Hunter Association was covering for him?"

"*sip* Ahh~" Azaroth sips tea, and transfers 5 million won to reporter Chirin's account.

"Haaah~ I've to go on an expedition to a B-Rank gate with the second strike squad, well there are a lot of pretty girls in that team~"

He thought about Gina (image), she is a busty beauty after all,

But the thing was- system didn't conclude her as the main story girl since she was shown for a very brief time and her involvement with the story was negligible.

But then why did it consider Yoo Soohyun..? Maybe because she is linked to the protag's best supporter?

Ah! Although she was just for show but was the 3rd member of the protag's Ahjin Guild!

That can't keep me from eying Gina though,

"But before that," He has a date—ehm* meeting fixed with SooHyun.

♣♣♣

Inside the Hunter Association headquarters, Jinchul spoke gravely to Chairman Gu Gunhee.

"We can no longer turn a blind eye, Chairman. Had this murder occurred in a dungeon, perhaps we might have. But the media knows now. We must address it."

Gunhee sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose tiredly. "You're right. We had our suspicions about Dongsuk's expeditions for a long time. But with Dongsoo's backing from the Scavengers Guild, we overlooked Dongsuk's party again and again."

Rising from his seat, Gunhee looked Jinchul squarely in the eye. "Call a press conference. It's time we take responsibility for our negligence"

Jinchul nodded in agreement and left the office.

'I don't know what will come in the future, but as Korean Hunter Association's Chairman, I must do what is necessary..'

Too many lives had been lost or ruined due to favors and politics.

No more.

♣♣♣

It had been 4 days since her most adorable cousin died... No, probably murdered...

Her dear cousin Jinho, 

Soohyun always seemed aloof towards Jinho, but the way she'd reschedule important meetings if he needed help told a different story.

Being an only child, she cherished her cousins like siblings. They were inseparable as kids, playing outdoors from dawn till dusk without a care.

Soohyun smiled sadly, remembering simpler times. Jinsung grew older and busier with studies, then the family company. Jinhee moved to Japan.

(A/N: Jinhee's back after learning about Jinho's death.)

Only Jinho remained nearby as the years passed.

Well, Soohyun herself landed modeling jobs that kept her busy but she always had time to bully Jinho.

Bullying him was fun, but don't get her wrong. Though she teased him relentlessly, secretly Soohyun adored Jinho's childlike innocence. His happy smiles and whines of protest brought her joy.

She vowed Jinho's killer Hwang Dongsuk would not elude justice, as a final gift to the little cousin...

Jinho, who had been so excited for his first dungeon raid, murdered on that ill-fated expedition. And by none other than the brother of an S-Rank hunter, who the authorities turned a blind eye to despite his grisly record.

One seat at their table would remain empty....

So imagine what's happening to her mind when she is watching the news reporter talking about the suspicions regarding her brother's killer.

< Reports also reveal that Hwang Dongsuk had numerous complaints filed against him over suspiciously high fatality rates on his dungeon raids.

And the most creepy part is all the previous cases plus this one were suspiciously swept under the rug....>

Those were the words she was constantly saying but was being ignored.

Still, she clung to hope the truth would emerge. But each closed case and ignored complaint weighed her down further.

Until now, seeing on full display what she'd known all along -

And Dongsuk's latest crime, a brutal beheading, removed all doubt. Her poor cousin deserved justice. As did all the families left with empty seats at their tables.

Hand trembling, Soohyun called her aunt back. "Is it true? They found Dongsuk guilty?" Through tears, her aunt confirmed.

A stone lifted from Soohyun's heart.

Finally, the Association admitted at the press conference.

But why was the news speaking about this as a headline..? 

His girlfriend was a normal girl, if it were the past, they would have just ignored it or reported it as a short bullet, plus the Association's sudden take of responsibility..?

The news had spread first then the Association held a press conference, but it was common that Korean news channels didn't slander people with backing like this.

Why would a news company try to become a target of the Scavengers Guild..?

They wouldn't, unless they have backing or someone powerful wants them to report the news....

"Azaroth...." She muttered softly.

But it was not enough. Not until Hwang Dongsuk was captured to face punishment for his sins.

She doesn't know that not-so-poor Dongsuk has already died at the hands of her prince charming....

....

The sophisticated hotel glowed in the evening light. Inside the restaurant, soothing music and gentle laughter filled the air.

'Ahh, expensive booze is the best~' Azaroth waited for Soo Hyun in the VIP cabin with a glass of wine.

Soo Hyun arrived in her white Porsche, exuding grace and beauty, 'breedable' in Azaroth's words.

Her stunning attire hugging her beautiful boobs and sexy ass complemented the occasion.

As she entered the restaurant, her eyes searched for Azaroth and a smile lit up her face.

'Relax boner kun, not now.' He stood to greet her, appreciating her curvy boobs—*ehm* beauty.

Soo Hyun reached him, and without hesitation, she embraced him warmly. "Thank you, Azaroth," she murmured, her voice soft and filled with gratitude.

Azaroth returned the hug, his strong arms gently enveloping her, and asked, "For what?"

"I know you had done something or the news would never cover the topic," She said in a low tone.

Azaroth looked her in the eye "I just forced them to do their job, it's that bastard's fault that he was guilty of murdering his girlfriend on the same day."

SooHyun blushed looking at his bright blue eyes, "Still, thank you, for.. for everything" she muttered.

"Anything for you, Soo Hyun. I'm glad I was able to help," he replied, a charming smile on his face.

They took their seats in the VIP cabin, the ambiance contributing to the romantic atmosphere.

He had already started captivating her with his charm Kukuku...

(A/N: IDK how to write or express romance, but I've decided to go for a romance route with her, BECAUSE! *shrugs*)

Soft lighting illuminated their table as a 'hot & sexy' waitress appeared, menu in hand.

"Ah, please ask the lady first," He said to the waitress gesturing toward SooHyun. He had seen enough James Bond movies.

"No, I'll have whatever this gentleman recommends," She said to the waiter.

'As expected, James Bond is never wrong'

"Then we'll have this... this.... some of that.... and please make sure to serve with extra love" 

The waitress blushed as Azaroth recommended a few dishes he knew Soo Hyun would love from prior experiences there.

She smiled appreciatively at his thoughtfulness.

Soo Hyun turned to Azaroth. "Oh! Congratulations on becoming an S-Rank hunter, I can't believe I forgot to congratulate you just now!" she said.

"Well, you have already done so many times on the phone, no?" 

"But it's different in person, isn't it?" 

"Umm, was that too informal? Should I treat you formally?" She asked 

Azaroth tilted his head, "What... What did you just say?"

"Ah, I.. I haven't met an S-Rank before... what do you expect..."

Azaroth sighed. "Please not you too, everyone has been treating me like some kind of prince lately. Even my Uncle who was chill before... sigh, 215 Mana count has made them umm, somewhat different towards me"

She was fully emerged in the conversation, and no hint of her previous sadness was visible.

"Wow! That news reporter will surely put that on the headline, what did they call you, Ah, the charming Prince huh— breaking news— Korea's Prince is unhappy about making a new evaluation record"

Soo Hyun laughed.

"Haha, Well, that's not good news for your loyal fangirls your Highness," she said with a wink.

.

.

The evening wore on in delightful conversation as the two friends grew closer over food and drink.

Soo Hyun enjoyed Azaroth's humor and easy manner, while he was captivated by her lively teasing and warm laughter.

Later, as dessert arrived,

"What's with that pudding? here try my S'mores, say aaa~" Azaroth grinned mischievously.

They fed each other bites between giggles and whispered jokes, growing closer with every gentle gaze and carefree moment shared.

♦♦♦♦

Author Note:

I think it turned out well— if you're reading while listening to romantic music heh.

Vanilla Snu Snu~ in the next chapter :p (Not so vanilla on a second thought, keke)

40 Advance Chapters- http://Patreon.com/MilkLoverFanfics

12