Chapter 8
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 ~ First of His Name ~

I stood with Cersei and Tywin as Tommen was being crowned, the two lions crowded me when I walked into the throne room, Tywin eyed my belly like he would a juicy piece of meat, Cersei was still edgy around me after our encounter, Jaime told me that Tywin had a very long conversation with her about the situation and that she was not happy about the fact that the guards that shadowed me wouldn't let her into our chambers no matter how much she threatened and demanded to see me they refused. 


The High Septon placed Tommen's horned crown on his head "long may he reign" I spoke with every other high lord and lady in the throne room, Tommen looked nervous but as his eyes sort out his mothers he found mine instead, I smiled at him and nodded slightly, letting him know that he had done well, he smiled back making me glimpse that little bit of Jaime that was in him. 


"We need to speak" Cersei said as Tommen took his place on the Iron Throne and the lords stepped up to pledge their loyalty. 


"No we don't, you've made it clear what you think of me and my child," I looked at her and found her eyes pleading with me, she looked sorry but I wasn't a fool "I stand with you out of curtesy for our family name, because you are my husbands sister, you were my close friend" she shuffled her feet, "I am not your enemy Cersei and neither is my child, but I will be if you continue with your path" I brushed passed her and joined the line that was forming, people allowed me through, most ladies smiled when they saw my bump. 


"Lady Anaris" Tommen spoke when I walked to the last step of the throne, "you do not need to swear loyalty to me," I laughed lightly and shook my head slightly. 


I dipped into a curtsy as low as I could and kept my eyes on him "you'll be a fantastic king, but I do need to follow the rules" I said making him snicker because he knew I wasn't one to really follow them, I spoke the words that others had, pledging my allegiance to him before I got up and went to walk away. 


"Lady Anaris" he called as he stood and held out his hand, i made my way back and took it gently "thank you for your words" his eyes watered but I waved my hand. 


"You deserve more then words your grace" I squeezed his fingers and went to find Jaime who was busy glaring at Meryn Trant, who was walking around like a prized chicken, he strutted through the crowd with a smirk on his face "if you keep staring people might start to think you're in love" I said quietly as I swiped a cup of water off a servant "I must say I think I would be jealous"


Jaime turned his head and scoffed at me "you're jealous of no one," he stepped forward and brushed his hand against my belly, "you're look like you're glowing" he muttered as he brushed a kiss over my cheek. 


"Careful Ser Jaime, I may have to find a secluded place and have my way with you" I whispered making him grin against my cheek. 


"How can I say no to a thought like that" he mumbled back, he went to kiss my lips but stoped when a throat cleared next to us and we turned to find Cersei standing near, "can I help you sister?"


"Can we speak? Alone" she looked over my shoulder at Ser Saltcliffe and Alix Swyft who were my guards, both men edged closer, they knew what Cersei had done, they endured her demands to see me.


I sighed deeply but gasped as I felt movement, I touched my belly as Jaime in a panic did the same thinking something was wrong, 4 months, Qyburn had been right once more, my belly had ballooned and now I was feeling the babe move "what is it?" Both of Jaime's hands were on my belly when the next movement happened, he'd snapped his hands back to his body as if he'd been stuck before hesitantly he placed them back where he'd felt the kick. 


I glanced at Cersei who was staring at my belly her hand out stretched slightly like she wanted more then anything to be apart of the moment, when the movement happened again I grabbed her hand and placed it on my belly, and waited, sure enough she cracked a smile when the babe kicked at her hand "hello little one, I'm your aunt" she spoke softly, her eyes welled with tears as she looked at me, she cleared her throat and moved away "I apologise" she left without another word leaving Jaime and I in almost stunned silence.


~~ 

~ 3rd Persons POV: ~


Sansa stopped in her tracks and stared at the Bloody Gate that stood between her and the Eyrie, men drew arrows and aimed at her but the sight of the Bloody Gate was something she couldn't tear her gaze away from for long. The stone stood tall against the grey sky, it's guard stood on the highest point, watching for any threat. 


Sansa remembered when Anaris told her of her time in the Vale, she spoke of the Bloody gate and how it was the reason why the Vale was considered nigh impregnable to the kings of old, "who would pass the Bloody Gate?" The knight shouted to Sansa and her companion Peytr Baelish, her hood was pulled up to hide her face and hair from the men who watched them. 


"Lord Petyr Baelish and his niece," he gestured to Sansa "Alayne" the knight looked her up and down before he lowered his bow.


"Stand to," he yelled, all the other men around the sides of the cliffs that overlooked the rough path that lead to the Bloody Gate, the stones that were unevenly ground down into the earth by thousands of years and millions of travellers, where the stones weren't covered in dirt you could see the stains of blood from the ones who tried to overthrow the Eyire.


"Stand to!" The next man shouted and down the line of sentinels the order went until all that was heard was an echo, Sansa watched as the gate was opened and she began to walk into the stronghold that was commanded by her aunt Lysa.


— — — — — 


Lysa Arryn looked at her niece and for a moment she was taken aback, Sansa looked like Catelyn did when they were young girls in the Riverlands, Lysa immediately hated the young girl, especially when Petyr looked at the girl with interest, Lysa had loved Peytr her whole life but he'd been too infatuated with her sister and now she could see she would loose him to a pale imitation of Cat.


"I have news for you Sansa, your sister Anaris is with child" Lysa told her flippantly, the other Stark turned Lannister girl meant very little to her, not since the little beast was a child and had Jon Arryn and Robert Baratheon both eating from her hand while she pranced around waving her toy sword and making Jon Arryn want children faster because of it, Lysa hated Jon, hated that he had been older and she was forced to marry him, hated that he was in awe of the Stark girl who looked like her Aunt Lyanna. When Lysa had poisoned her husband in King's Landing and planted the seeds of suspicion on the Lannisters she had hoped that when Anaris had been married to the Kingslayer he would kill her or better yet she would just die in Kings Landing at the hands of the bastard prince Joffrey but that never happened and now she was with child with a man that apparently loved her.


Sansa gasped and placed her hands over her mouth, the young girl was excited, she knew that Anaris and Jaime loved one another dearly and she knew that Anaris wanted child more then anything, more then she wanted a new sword "thats fantastic news" Sansa breathed her hands clutched as if she were praying.


"Robyn, show Sansa to her chamber, Take the back stairs" she told her son who was fiddling with his cloak, the young boy nodded and all but dragged Sansa out of the room by her hand, as soon as Lysa and Petyr were alone she pounced on the man and kissed him hungrily, he hadn't been gone long but she was infatuated with him and everything he did "What took you so long?" She demanded through kisses that he responded to.


"Arranging for the ascension of King Tommen I, extricating Sansa, getting her here alive" Petyr pulled away and looked at Lysa "when did you find out about Anaris and her child?" He asked as she tried to force him to kiss her again but he dodged her.


"This morning, I received the news with breakfast, almost lost my breakfast, vile child that one was i had hoped she would've been killed but i suppose i may have to take care of her like i did my Lord husband" she met Petyr's eyes and scoffed "if Anaris lives the North belongs to her and not Sansa, when Sansa marries Robyn they could rule the Vale and the North" she kissed Petyrs neck, "everything we dreamed of, everything we wanted is at hand, the Lannister's are destroying themselves, the Kingslayer will likely wither away without his lady wife" she kissed Petyr hard and felt him grin against her lips, "Let's get married tonight"


"Ought we not... inform the Lords of the Vale about the ceremony?" Baelish said as she tried to rip at his clothes.


"There's only one Lord of the Vale, The others can all hang, Lurking and simpering on the stairs like buzzards the moment my husband died, trying to get their claws in me" she shuttered delicately, truth was that the Lords of the Vale weren't interested in Lysa, they were wanting Robyn away from his mother.


"I do think that we could wait until..." she silenced him with her hand and grinned at him.


"I'm done waiting, Petyr. We had our wedding night many years ago. Or don't you remember?" She asked him and kissed him.


"Like it was yesterday"


"What wife would do for you the things I've done for you? What wife would trust you the way I've trusted you? When you gave me those drops and told me to pour them into Jon's wine, my husband's wine..." her eyes began to shine with madness as she continued to talk "when you told me to write a letter to Cat telling her it was the Lannisters..." Baelish was tired of hearing her speak so he kissed her to shut her up.


"The deed is done. Faded into nothing. Only speaking of it can make it real" he told her and she nodded happily.


"And what of the Lannister whore and her bastard of a child?" Her eyes hardened and Baelish smiled in response, the Lady Anaris had been a thorn in his side since the girl had stepped into the Small Councils rooms and looked down on him like he was dirt on her riding boots, she looked down on him like her Uncle Brandon did when he fought Petyr for Cat's affections, every chance he got to whisper things into her sisters ear she was there telling Sansa not to listen and to be vigilant with him because he was using her.


"I'll set something up" he said as Lysa laughed "let me bathe and dress for the occasion. Once I'm presentable, I'll call on the septon immediately" he told her, cementing his hold on the Vale, soon he'd be rid of Lysa and have control of the Vale and of Sansa and Robyn, he had no intention of having he two youngsters to wed, no he wanted the red head for himself.


"I'm warning you. I'm going to scream when my husband makes love to me, I'm going to scream so loud, they'll hear me clear across the Narrow Sea" Lysa said as she grabbed his face and kissed him hard once more before letting him finally leave the room.

0