Chapter 10
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd person pov:

The Vale

Peytr Baelish walked away from Sansa Stark smiling to himself, he'd all but staked his claim on the girl, he'd kissed her and for a moment he'd tricked himself into thinking he'd been kissing her lady mother, Catelyn, while he knew she wasn't her mother she was as close as he was going to get now that the woman of his infatuation was dead. 

He turned the corner and came to face with a servant girl who looked tired after her long journey, his smile grew wider when she held up the seal she'd stolen from the woman she had poisoned, "so it's done then?" He asked as he took the Direwolf seal and studied it with interest. 

"Yes, M'lord, I stayed with her til she drank the tea down just like you said, told her that it was special brew to help her with the baby" the girl said as she watched him, he smiled wider and draped his arm around her shoulders as he took her towards the middle of the room of the High Hall, the Moon Door sat open, waiting like a hungry monster for its next victim to tumble in and fall 600 feet to their death. 

"You did well my sweet," he said smiling at her, he felt her relax slightly under his arm "I'm so proud of you" he walked her close to the door while she preened under his kind words she didn't notice when they began to drift closer. 

"Many thanks M'lord," she giggled when he removed his arm slowly, almost like a lovers caress down her neck, they'd now come to the door "mama will do good with the gold M'lord"

"Oh I'm not paying you in gold," Baelish touched the girls chin and looked into her face with an easy smile "you see I hate loose ends, and you, my dear are just that" she tilted her head in utter confusion "such a pretty face" he murmured making her smile one last time before he shoved her to her death, she had no time to scream, little time to react as she was airborne suddenly. 

~~

Trigger Warning

~~

King's Landing


Anaris' vision blurred, her face felt like it was aflame and the belly became tight, she didn't have to be a Maester to know something was wrong, she stood from her place on the balcony of her rooms and staggered to her bed, she stifled a cry behind her closed fist as pain tore through her, a searing pain that she'd never experienced before, placing one hand on the bed and the other on her belly she felt something gush from between her legs, reaching to touch the sudden wetness that soaked through her thin night gown, pulling her hand away she chocked out a scream as her hand came back bloody. 

"Ser Rylen!" She hollered through another round of searing pain that ripped through her body, her chamber door banged open and Rylen Saltcliffe and his young companion, Ashter Kenning ran in,swords were about to be drawn when Ser Rylen saw Anaris doubled over. 

"Boy go get Ser Jaime and that would be Maester" Rylen commanded as he rushed to grab Anaris before her knees buckled under another spasm of pain, her eyes were glassy as she stared at her bloodied hand like it belonged to someone else "now!" He hollered making the young boy jump and take off sprinting as fast as he could to the fighting ground were Gregor Clegane and Oberyn Martell were fighting for Tyrions life. 

"Why!" Anaris sobbed as more pain rushed through her and that gushing feeling returned, she cried out as she tried to stop the blood from falling from her body but it was no use. 

"My lady, stop, don't look at your hand" Ser Rylen tried to get her attention to his but she was going into a state of panic and pain, her breathing began to come out in bursts of short puffs and she began shaking "Anaris look at me" her head snapped to the side and her bloodshot, terror filled ones met his "focus on me, Ser Jaime will be here in no time, Qyburn will know what to do" he placed her bloodied hand on the chest plate of his armour "focus on my breaths" he told her and pulled her into an embrace, he held her tightly as she shuddered and bawled through the pain that was coming from her womb. 

The sound of frantic running made Ser Rylen turn his head towards the door as Jaime, Cersei and Qyburn came in, Jaime's frightened eyes found his wife in the arms of her trusted guard and he was immediately struck by panic when he saw the bloodied hand print on the metal of his breast plate "Ris" he scooped her from Rylen's arms and nodded to the older man who returned the gesture "tell me what's going on" Jaime went to brush her sweaty hair away from her face when she seized and screamed in pain, he almost dropped her onto the ground in fright as his sister came to his side. 

"Tea, it was the tea" Anaris mumbled as another round of pin ripped through her body "I've drank it everyday" Jaime looked at Qyburn who nodded, the tea cup was sitting on her writing desk "she told me to drink it everyday, to help the baby"

"We need to get her on the bed," she spoke softly as she helped Jaime lift his wife and place her gently onto the bed, he sat behind her prone form and held her hands as Qyburn rushed to check under her nightdress, he rummaged through his small bag and handed Cersei a vial of milk of the poppy, Tywin came in at the moment with Pycelle following behind, the Maester took his time as he entered the room, he eyed the large Direwolf who was prowling the room like she was ready to take a bite out of anyone who got too close. 

"There's too much blood" Qyburn mumbled to himself as he grabbed a cloth and swapped away what he could, a scream tore from Anaris' throat and she grabbed Cersei's hand as well as Jaime's. 

"It's alright Wolf, you'll be alright" Cersei said as she touched her friends face gently, wiping away her tears and the hair that was stuck to her sweaty forehead. 

"No, somethings wrong," Anaris gasped out as another shudder of pain came from her womb, another gush came and she sobbed a prayer to anyone that was listening, begging her mother to take her pain from her, begging her father to come and save her like he used to when she was scared of the darkness when she was a babe, but no one answered, no one came "not today" she muttered to the god of death and with one last cry of pain she lost consciousness. 

"Ser Jaime, I... I'm sorry" Qyburn pulled away the small mass of flesh that was just barely big enough to fit in his hands, small hands that were still clenched in little fists were visible "a little girl" Qyburn mumbled as Cersei gently waddled the body while Qyburn and Pycelle began to stem the blood that was flowing from Anaris, the woman was unconscious but still alive. 

"Ilyana" Jaime whispered over his wife's head as he leaned over and brushed his lips against her head the best he could, he swallowed down his grief as Cersei laid the small bundle onto Anaris' chest and left with her father and Pycelle while Qyburn remained behind, keeping his word that he would look after Anaris even though he was no longer needed, "Prince Oberyn, will he live?" Jaime asked knowing that the damage to Oberyn's head was extensive he wore a helmet while fighting the Mountain, the Prince had used a poison on his opponent but even dying the Mountain still bested him. 

"I believe so, his eyes are no longer usable but with proper care he could recover from the wounds" Qyburn said in a quiet voice, he'd been approached by Cersei already, she wanted the Mountain back and he had begun already when Anaris' guard had found him, Jaime nodded silently. 

"I refuse to let her loose anyone else for the time being, treat him the best you can" he touched the bundle gently as Qyburn got up and placed Milk of the Poppy down on the table near the bed. 

"I'll do my best Ser Jaime," Qyburn murmured, he swept up the tea cup and went to leave but as he went to close the door Jaime called in Ser Rylen. 

"I need to speak to Varys," Ser Rylen nodded but his eyes lingered on the bundle, the old man looked saddened as if he'd lost his own grandchild, he looked more heartbroken then his own father who stood back and watched like it was all a play. 

"I'll fetch him myself, m'lord" the older knight went to leave but stopped, "I'm sorry for your loss Ser Jaime" without another glance he left Jaime to hold his wife and their underdeveloped daughter, his eyes burning as he wrapped Anaris' lax arms around the bundle, he gently rocked them both as tears begun to fall.

0