Chapter 1
302 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daiken and Eiken were seated in their family home right outside of Tokyo. Daiken Zenin was at this time only 13 years old and still had a long way to go when it came to sorcery, he had dark brown hair and was clearly trying to grow it out. Eiken Zenin, age 16, was a far more praised and skilled Member with blacker hair and far more tall with neatly trimmed hair.
As they both sat in the living room they wondered when their father would return from a "Immediate Emergency".

Daiken: I told you it's fine he's probably just making small talk with Uncle Ogi.

Eiken paced around the room.

Eiken: he's usually gone for only 10 minutes this is thirty minutes.

Daiken: pff, you're always so paranoid.

Eiken: You aren't paranoid enough, what could a "Immediate Emergency" even be?

Daiken: Probably a special grade or grade 1 curse nothing the Zenins can't handle.

Eiken: you're probably right...

Eiken sighed and sat on a chair by a window.

Daiken: Maybe he's going to get us food.

Eiken: We ate an hour ago.

Daiken: where did mother go anyway.

Eiken: Well MOM went to go see uncle Ogi, and now thinking about it, I'm still worried.

Daiken: Don't think yourself into a circle.

Just then Eiken's phone rang he picked it up and answered it, the more he listened in the more his face darkened until he looked Genuinely scared. When the phone call was over he immediately got up and started packing his things while Daiken looked on in confusion.

Daiken: What's going on, are mom and dad alright?

 Eiken: uhh... yeah, yeah totally it's all under control.

Eiken was clearly lying, and Daiken knew this and he himself started to get worried.

Daiken: wait what happened, you have to tell me.

Eiken: If Maki comes around and asks you where I am or where I am going, lie.

Daiken: Maki? Our cousin with no cursed energy?

Eiken: Yeah, that one...

Daiken was now eager to know what was going on.

Daiken: What the hell is going on Eiken! Tell me!

Eiken: No time to explain, see ya

And with that the door was closed and Eiken had ran to his bike outside and rode away suitcase and all.

Daiken was now all alone leaning on one of the couch's arms now very worried but still trying to calm himself down, "Maybe they have a surprise birthday party and didn't invite me or Maki" he humored to himself.

Daiken: Why am I always the one left out on the fun.

after about 5 more minutes he heard the door on the bottom floor break down and he began to panic.

Daiken: Oh no.

6