Elysium: Hunger Has Been Quenched
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He opened his eyes with extreme difficulty and looked around. The Sun was still up, it seemed he had only slept for a few hours. 

He stood up, already feeling the energy gained from the sandwich disappearing into atoms. He staggered towards the traditional Japanese style door and slided it open. 

Then from what he had remembered, he started going in the direction of the kitchen. A few minutes later, he stood infront of the fridge. He opened it and saw a lot vegetables, fruits, canned fish, cereal, and milk. 

He started drooling at the treasures he had found. He reached towards a banana and grabbed it. Then he took it to the kitchen sink and washed it whilst holding himself back from eating it with the skin on and everything. 

Then he peeled it carefully and started gobbling it. Tears started falling from his eyes as he chewed. He had never experienced such happiness from eating a banana. 


[Um.. User, Fu Hua is behind you.] 

He didn't care, what would she do? Grab his banana? But he still turned around with his mouth filled with banana. 

He saw a Fu Hua that was looking at him with an amused expression, well, it quickly turned into shock, she didn't expect him to turn around! So she opened her mouth to explain herself. 

"I-I was just here to cook some dumplings!!" 

Juviel nodded his head with an expression of understanding whilst eating another banana. She was stunned, why did he look like he hadn't ate in ages? 

"Sorry if this sounds rude... But why do you look like you haven't ate in days?" 

He finished the banana he was eating and licked his lips before grabbing another banana. Then whilst peeling it, he started speaking, 

"Actually, I did eat 1 sandwich this morning. But, I hadn't ate anything else for 3 weeks." 

She was about to ask him how 1 sandwich could satisfy him, then she heard the other half. Her eyes widened in pure shock. Holy shit, even homeless people had it better then this guy!! 

She became silent as she began regretting asking. She didn't know how to continue with the conversation!! 

He saw this and chuckled, then he ate the other banana and grabbed a carrot. Then he started munching on it whilst speaking, 

"Make some dumplings for me too." 

She was stunned, how could he speak so clearly whilst munching on a carrot!? But she still nodded, she didn't mind making some more for this hungry ghost- err, human. 

"Thanks~." 

He thanked her and went towards where the cups were located at. Clear transparent glass cups that had no handles, they were perfectly alright. He grabbed one and walked to the fridge once more. Then he took out the milk and poured some into his cup. 

Then he drank it in huge gulps. He finished it within 5 seconds and let out a huge sigh of relief. 

"Phew! That was so good! I'm not fully stuffed, but my hunger has been quenched. Which is enough." 

He smiled in satisfaction and went to the kitchen sink. Then he washed his hands and mouth with the cold but refreshing tap water. 

Then he had a thought, "Hey, System, could you make me a health bar?" 


[Nope. It'll come in the next update. Next update requires 1,000,000 Salvation Points!] 

He immediately stopped thinking about it. What the hell, he currently had 200,781 Points. If he becomes friends with Fu Hua and makes her his girlfriend, he would get 500k more. Which would make it 700,781 points in total... And 9 Points would be deducted everyday for hiding his Identity. 

In addition, who knew when he could get another Epic Quest to get such a large sum within a short period of time. He chuckled and shook his hands to get rid of the water on them. 

At this time, Fu Hua had already started making the dumplings. He nodded towards her and told her that he was going to train. She nodded to signal him that she had heard. So he headed towards the backyard where he saw Fu Hua previously training. 

He reached there within a few minutes and silently looked at the wonderful view that he previously couldn't enjoy properly. There was a huge tree near the walls of the backyard. The backyard had soft white sand in some places and in most places there were concrete. 

He looked at the clear blue sky and took a deep breath in. He felt refreshed and decided to ask his System a very important question. 


"System, where are the small bits of the skills and talents I borrowed before? Certainly, some were good enough to be a basic skill even at a fraction of their original value." 

The System didn't respond instantaneously as usual and took a few seconds to reply. 


[User, that will be added in the next update.] 

He nearly smashed the screen into the ground. What the heck!? Those were mine!!! 

Hearing his inner thoughts, the System chuckled nervously and responded. 


[Calm down, User. You can still use those, it's just that they aren't displayed.] 

He fell silent and recalled the skirmish with the thugs. Indeed, he still had them. He sighed, then he undid the upper part of his bathrobe and started practicing his prior martial arts. His gaze turned serious as he fully concentrated on the task. 

His fluid movements were accompanied by a trail of sweat. However, this did not stop him. He felt like a retired boxer picking up boxing gloves and started boxing again after decades. 

He felt very rusty, but he felt it all coming back as he practiced. He smiled at that sensation. It felt wonderful, feeling something that you lost coming back. It felt amazing. 

He had forgotten the passage of time so when the System spoke to him, he was a bit startled. 


[User, Fu Hua is behind you. With dumplings. Quick! Show off your muscles!] 

He was speechless, this horny bastard. He turned around to see Fu Hua with a plate of dumplings. Their eyes met and she quickly averted her eyes whilst blushing. 

He chuckled and walked towards her whilst speaking. 

"Haha, was my training posture good?" 

She forced herself to focus on his question instead of his abs. Then she answered, 

"I have never seen anything like it... But it seems so professional, I feel like you could beat me in a fight!" 

He laughed out loud at the compliment. He liked the praise, especially from such a beautiful girl. Then he walked back into the house, then Fu Hua silently followed. 

Eventually they reached the kitchen and he washed his hands. Then he looked towards Fu Hua for an affirmation, she nodded and warned. 

"Be careful, it's hot." 

He nodded, then he grabbed a dumpling. Indeed it was quite hot, but not enough to burn his hand. So he ate it in small bites. 

It was quite hot, but that made it taste better. It was spicy, salty and a bit sweet. Overall, it tasted very good. His eyes lit up, 

"Amazing! It tastes so good!" 

Hearing the compliment, she smiled instinctively. Then she passed him the plate and encouraged him to eat more. 

He gobbled up all the dumplings within a matter of minutes. She looked at him in wonder, how did he eat that much without burning his mouth? 

Still, she was relieved to know that he liked her food. She then noticed that he was still wearing a bathrobe and found it strange, she understood that he looked hot but isn't it strange to keep wearing a bathrobe? Wouldn't that be uncomfortable to wear? 

"Do you not have any other clothing?" 

The moment it came out of her mouth, she regretted it. That sounded so rude, what if he gets offended? 

Contrary to her belief, he did not get offended and simply answered. 

"Yes." 

She was shocked, he seriously didn't have any other clothing to wear!? She decided to change that. 

"How about we go shopping for some clothing?" 

She paused after saying that. Wait, wasn't that similar to asking him out on a date? Her face flushed and she started feeling nervous all of a sudden. What if he refuses? 

Unknown to her, he was currently staring at the dark blue screen that popped up infront of his eyes. The colour was eerily similar to the colour of Fu Hua's hair. Of course he heard her loud and clear. 


[Salvation Target Quest: Reach 100% Trust With Fu Hua! 


Objective: Can't you understand from the title? 


Trust Progress: 72% 


Rewards: 1,000,000 Salvation Points 


Penalty: Heh, I'll make it so that you'll walk in the streets naked for 20 years.] 

Everything sounded fine to him until the trust percentage part and penalty part. He started sweating, holy shit. This girl trusted him that easily!? Although not 100%, it was at 41% a few hours ago for fucks sake!! Now it was at 72%!!! 

Then the penalty... Holy shit once more! That was worse then losing his ability for 2 years!! He didn't doubt the System's capabilities. Keeping a dead man alive is possible, then making it so that the dead man was naked would be even easier!! 

Wait.. What? 1 million just to get her trust to 100%? Sounds quite easy. 

Hearing that, System snorted. 


[Heh. You wish.] 

He felt suspicious towards the smug attitude of the System but he still had to answer the beauty infront of him first. So he looked towards the fidgeting Fu Hua and chuckled. 

"Alright, what time do you suggest?" 

Her eyes widened in shock as a bubbly feeling appeared in her heart. It felt nice, she didn't know why but hearing him accept made her extremely happy. She spoke in an excited voice which quickly became quiet due being too shy. 

"How about tomorrow... morning...?" 

He heard her speak despite the low volume at the end. He thought for a bit and agreed. 

"Sure!" 

She flashed him a bright smile from happiness and quickly ran away due to being too shy. 

He found it quite strange so he couldn't help but comment in his mind, 


"You sure it won't be easy to get the Trust Percentage to 100%?" 


[I'm certain! Do not think of this as a short term Target, this is a long term Target.] 

He became silent before nodding. He refused to underestimate her anymore. Besides, he started liking her too. Who wouldn't like an innocent and beautiful girl that seemed to have a crush on you? 


"Don't tell me she fell in love with me at first sight..? Oh well.. I think I fell in love with her too. Heh." 

He chuckled to himself as he went towards the male bathroom to shower. Then after cleaning himself up, he got back to his room with a smile on his face. 

.... 

He looked out the transparent window and saw that it was already quite late into the night. He took off his bathrobe and cleaned himself with a towel. 

Although he wasn't really a fan of sleeping naked, he didn't like sleeping in sweaty clothing even more. So he covered himself using the bedsheets and dozed off to sleep. 

... 

2