prologue
1.4k 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wake up, Valian. How long are you planning to slack off?"

"Ugh. ......, ouch. ......."

 My head was aching.

 It seems that I hit my head somehow.

"Hmmm. You finally awakened. Indeed. It's pathetic that you fell into a trance with a single stroke like that."

"Ah what......?

 In front of me is my father, Sokotsuyo Klovrum,

  He is the head of the Clovelum family, a family of counts.

'Now get up, Varian. Let's continue. You must become strong for the sake of the Klovullurm family. The entrance examination to the Yusha Academy will come in five years' time. First of all, you must do better there than anyone else."

 Ah, that's right. I remembered.

 I was training in swordsmanship now.

 I couldn't catch his blow and fell down and hit my head hard.

I understand, father. I will surely take the entrance exam of Usha Academy and show you that I am the top student. ...... Yusha Academy?

"Hmm? What is it, Varian? Are you going to give your father an opinion?

"Uh, no, no. That's not the point".

 I don't know.

 I feel very strange.

 Usha Academy.

 My name is Varian Klövlurm.

 Top results in the entrance exam.

" ------Ah"

 Then I remembered.

 Yes, this is the very game I used to play in my previous life.

 This is the world of the game "Fielder Resonance!"

 The main game started a little before the entrance exam to Yusha Academy.

 In other words, it is about five years from now.

 The protagonist, who later defeats the Demon King and becomes known as the hero, is enrolled at the Yusha Academy.

 The protagonist gathers companions at the academy, and through various events, finally defeats the Demon King.

 The game also has a " gal game " element to it, and the development of the story will change a little depending on whom the protagonist falls in love with.

 However, the common route at the beginning of the game and the storyline in which the Demon King is killed are fixed every time.

 After defeating the Demon King, the Hero could lead a modest life with a priest.

 The protagoist s vow to make the country a better place with the princess, and the like.

 The story changes depending on the route.

(- but that's not important!)

 Yes, that's right. That's not the issue.

 The problem is the contents of the unchanged storyline.

 In the common route, the protagonist stands out from the entrance exam

 There is a mock battle with other students who are taking the entrance exam, and there is a son of a noble family who is messing with the protagonist.

 His name is - " Varian Klovrulm".

(That's me, right? !).

 Naturally, Varian Klövlurm loses to the protagonist in the entrance exam mock battle, and loses his place in the top class to the protagonist.

 As a result, Varian Klövlum, who had lost the top seat, began to hold a grudge against the protagonist.

 Varian then attempts to force the protagonist to drop out of academy by causing him a lot of problems.

 He takes full advantage of the power of the count family, and even orders his cronies, the aristocrats, to kick the protagonist out of the academy.

 However, the protagonist is not defeated by the various threats he receives, and he continues to make friends with others.

 After some time, Varian, who has been ordering the attacks, is about to be caught doing many evil things, and Varian finds himself in a tight spot.

 Varian is trapped.

 As a last resort, he tries to kill the protagonist by making a contract with a demon race.

 However, before he can face the protagonist, the demon who made the contract with him exploits a flaw in the contract, and he is easily killed.

 That's me. That is the end of "Varian Krovlurm."

 In other words, five years from now, if things continue like this.

 I will be killed then!

 But, ...

(That doesn't matter to me either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

 Yes, I don't care about what happens to me.

 It doesn't matter what happens to "Varian Klovrulm (*that's me)" who would be defeated at the tutorial stage!

 A situation that will not change in any of the routes.

 What I can't accept in that situation.

 It's the ending.

 The last part of this game.

 The protagonist kills the last boss, the demon king, Irina-sama.

 That doesn't change in any route.

 That's right.

 The protagonist always kills the Demon King, the one I was rooting for in my previous life, at the end of the game!

"I can't accept it no mater what !"

 Beautiful, lonely, and lovely Irina-sama.

 The future is absolutely impossible for such a girl to be killed in such a cruel way in the end.

 I must stop it at all costs.

"No. I mean, wouldn't I rather be stuck here for that?"

 The game "Fielder Resonance".

 No matter what route is taken, Irina will definitely die at the end of the game.

Maybe that's why I reincarnated into this world to create a route that would save Irina-sama forcefully.

 Yes, in other words, this is my mission!

In a future where Irina-sama dies a horrible death in accordance with the established storyline, it is an unthinkable future!

 And by the way, it seems that I would also die in the default storyline, so let's take countermeasures for that as well.

 So what should I do?

"Hey Varian. What have you been muttering to yourself since a few minutes ago? We haven't finished our training yet.

 Shut up, father.

 I'm not here for that right now. .................. wait?

 In the game "Fielder Resonance".

" I, Varian Klovrulm, was defeated by the protagonist because I was too weak.

 I think Varian Klovrulm's level in the game was around ......5 when he appeared as the opponent for the entrance exam.

 In other words, Varian Klövlurm didn't level up normally in the game.

 No matter what way is used to save Irina, first of all, power is needed.

 To achieve that--

"I am sorry, Father! From now on, I will devote myself to training with all my might!"

Hmm? Oh, oh. I see. What is it? You're being awfully honest.

Of course! I want to become strong as soon as possible!

 What I have to do to become stronger.

 There are a lot of things I need to do to get stronger, but I will do one thing at a time.

 The first step is training.

 As I recall, Varian Klövrum's father, Sokotsuyo Klövrum, was supposed to be a strong character.

 If it is possible to have one-on-one training with him, it would be better to take it.

" Father . I have a favor I would like to ask you.

"Hmm? What is it? Say it."

I want all available potions and a gold rosary.

"I have a certain amount of potions saved up, of course, but a ...... gold rosary?"

 The potion is an item to restore HP.

 The gold rosary is an item that always keeps 1 HP no matter what kind of attack it receives.

Is it a "no ......? Of course training is welcome, but it will only increase your skill level. So as soon as I finish training, I'd like to go to a nearby dungeon and hunt monsters to raise my level,.......

 The higher the level of skill, the more the power and hit power of the weapon and magic will be increased.

 That is why it is important to raise the level of skill.

 But it doesn't matter how much skill you have.

 I had to raise my own level by defeating monsters and the like.

 That's what I was thinking when I made this suggestion.

"You want me to hunt monsters in a ...... dungeon? Are you crazy, Varian?"

 I was surprised.

 Why?

"I think I'm in my right mind, but ....... Because it is necessary if I want to become stronger, right? When killing monsters, experience is gained, and the level rises by that amount, and one becomes stronger, right?"

No, that's true. ...... But fighting monsters is dangerous.  And even more so when it comes to dungeons. As you can guess, I can't follow you to the dungeon either. I can't afford to have too many guards. You're only ten years old, so you don't have to be in such a hurry. ......"

What are you talking about, Father? I'm talking about the time when every second is a matter of life and death! I want to be strong as soon as possible! I'm ready to take the risk! ------ Oh, and I don't need an escort. I plan to dive lightly in the dungeon alone.

 I don't need an escort.

 It's better to hunt monsters alone because it gives more experience.

"What's really up with you, Varian! What happened to you, who just a few minutes ago wasn't interested in training?"

 Was it?

 Now that it is said, I think I was thinking naively that 'why am I doing this muddy practice' until the memories of my previous life came back to me.

 It was certainly unnatural for me to suddenly get into training,.......

 I need to think of some excuse.

  So I thought, "hmmm" for a few seconds.

"Father, that's not the point. Can't you buy me a gold rosary?"

 I couldn't come up with a good excuse, so I decided to make up a suitable one.

"Oh, my God!"

 Oops. I couldn't deceive him, could I?

 No. It's already happened. Let's just force it through.

Yes, that's right. That's not important. What I want to know is whether you will buy me a golden rosary. Please do your son's pretty favor, Father!"

 Because as I said, when it comes to solo dungeon exploration, I want the golden rosary.

 With that, even if I get hit by an instant death attack, I'll still have 1 HP left.

 It is an important item in dangerous dungeon exploration.

 In the game, I believe it is given in an event at the church. ......

 Is it a special item that only the protagonist can get?

 I was wondering.

No, I don't mind buying it, ....... But why would you want something like that? You said before that lucky charms are worthless.

".................. lucky charms?"

 What is he talking about?

 I nodded my head, and my father nodded his head in agreement.

You want that gold rosary that is said to bring the one who wears it back from dungeon exploration, right?'

"Huh?"

 What's that effect?

 The gold rosary is not an item with such a vague and unambiguous effect, is it?

 No, it will certainly make it easier to return from dungeon exploration if it is worn, but....

"Of course, the gold rosary does not have such a useful effect. In fact, many adventuring groups have died in dungeons even when wearing gold rosaries. That's why the gold rosary is only loved as a good luck charm. ...... You want something like that?"

 I see.

 I guessed it to some extent now.

 People in this world ...... mistake the effect of a gold rosary!

 If one wears a gold rosary, one HP will always remain no matter what kind of attack he receives.

 But that's only if one doesn't get hit by a series of attacks.

 Also, the gold rosary loses its effect if duplicated by a party member.

 Perhaps the adventurer who died while wearing the gold rosary was hit by a succession of attacks,

 Or perhaps more than one person in the party had the gold rosary equipped.

 Something like that.

 But I know exactly what the gold rosary is.

 I know it is a very useful item.

 So, I said,

"I want it so much!"

 I wanted the gold rosary so badly.

"Oh, really? By the way, do you want a new one? I'm pretty sure there were some dusty ones in the warehouse. ......"

"Oh, that's fine. As long as it's not broken, the effect is the same."

 What is it? It's in the storehouse?

 Then I don't have to buy it.

 So, I went to the warehouse.

"Come on, Father! Let's continue with the training! I'm counting on you!"

"Huh? Ah, yes."

 I am grateful to my father for willingly accompanying me in my training, and I start to practice.

 All in order to become stronger.

 In order to save the Demon King Irina-sama from tragedy, I must first become stronger!

 
9