Prologue
72 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All of a sudden, everything around Eric went dark.

“What the … is the electricity gone?” He wondered for a brief moment.

“But wait, it’s the middle of the day! There should be some daylight coming through the windows!”

 “Or …” He glanced at his watch, “No, the time is right. I thought that maybe I lost some time somehow, but my watch says that’s not the case.”

“Maybe it’s some strange atmospheric phenomenon, like an eclipse. Let me look through the …”

He looked to the side and saw nothing but darkness.

“… window …”

A sudden rush of unease ran through his body.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa ... what is going on?”

“Where the hell am I?”

“I’ve been … I’ve been walking through the hall …”

“I was about to have a daily update with the guys …”

“And I didn’t lose any time. The watch is still working …”

He paused for a moment, his mind racing to come up with any explanation.

“Did I get teleported somehow? Have I accidentally walked into some teleport? Was that one of the new projects they were talking about? What idiot would put it in the middle of a hall in the first place? But, then again, knowing us …”

He turned around.

“Hmm … no luck … I guess I was too optimistic to think the hall will still be behind me.”

“What if I ...” He started walking towards the direction he came from, “ … no, walking back isn’t working either.”

“Well, at least I’m not dead … yet …”

He looked around, his eyes straining to see anything.

“I should probably start screaming for help, hoping that someone would hear me … but I don’t want something to find me here because … looking around now that my eyes have adapted to the darkness …”

“What the hell am I doing in a cave?”

 

2