Chapter 6 – Running water
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Running water

I was suddenly engulfed in a deluge of water. I thrashed and flailed, desperately trying to stay afloat. I tried to cry out for help, but water rushed into my mouth, making me gurgle instead. Panic set in as I wondered if I was going to drown. Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through my head, and my vision went black.

***

I could hear the gentle sound of running water, with the warm sun hitting my damp face.

How relaxing…

"—NOT!"

I spring up

My eyes and nostrils burned from the river water. And my ears began popping.

"Kahk"

I coughed out the remaining water in my lungs.

I was surrounded by an abundance of greenery.

"Where am I?"

The grass was green and lush, and it was warm, too.

- Clink

"!!!"

Next to me was the blade I had picked up. It seemed I squeezed the handle too hard as the shape had deformed into the shape of my hand... And right next to that was the girl I was fighting…

Her breathing was dainty. But it seemed she was alright.

Anyway, I have to situate myself first…

***

(Suen POV)

“This… It’s warm…” 

“Ertu vakandi?”

My eyes sprung open as I tried to spring up. However, a force kept me from moving.

In front of me, a shirtless man with extremely Long dark blue hair was roasting a piece of fish on an open fire. His gaze felt sharp, like a predator. The Norgian Warrior...

 His long hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

Once more, I tried to get up. Only to realize that I was tied to a tree. My arms were tied to my sides, and the only things I could move were my wrists, Legs, and head.

"Wait…"

I could spot my armor and clothes hanging on a makeshift drying rack by the riverside…

I look down. Luckily, I was wearing a makeshift bikini made from what looked like a pelt.

"It's the pelt from his shirt…?"

But… Doesn't that mean he still undressed me? I felt my face grow flusher and flusher.

>///<

"You BRUTE!!!"

I flailed as hard as I could, though not exactly on purpose.

"You asshat! How could you stripe me?! You... You... You *bastard! I swear when I break free, I—"

"—Haettu!"

- Slam!

My head slammed into the tree I was tied to as he pressed his hand into my forehead. In his other hand, he was holding a broken blade. The handle had been warped by his hands...

I stand no chance without my power armor...

I give in. Relaxing my body completely.

Seeing my submission, he lets go of my forehead and unclenches the broken blade.

He lets out a sharp breath, sending a shiver down my spine.

He points to himself and introduces, 

"Erling... Erling Hansen..."

"Yoon... Suen..." I respond.

(The Hasian language is based on Chinese. Calling someone a turtle egg, wan ba dan, is the same as calling someone a bastard)

***

After my threat, she seemed to calm down. At first, I didn't notice because I was too busy fighting for my life. But she's Yoon Suen, isn't she? Yoon Suen, the runner-up for the duchess title. Right after I introduced myself, she said her name, "Yoon Suen," didn't she? She matches the description, too.

I had tied her to a tree using a makeshift rope crafted from solid and fresh vines, making sure to avoid any mushy ones. She was restrained everywhere except her legs and head. I laid soft grass underneath her to prevent any discomfort or circulation issues.

Usually, I wouldn't bother being this considerate to a prisoner of war. But the better condition I keep her in, the more outrageous the conditions for her release I can set.

The sun begins descending below the tree tops. Night was falling.

I remove the fish from the flame and place it onto a big piece of leaf. I then tentatively began to stoke the fire and add more logs.

And before I knew it, the moon was looming over us.

"Haaa..."

For now—Gurrggee

"?"

Suen's stomach made a sound that could put a foghorn to shame. Ignoring me completely, she stared at the fish as if she would eat it with her eyes. I couldn't help but find the situation funny. It's incredible how some things can be understood without any words.

I grab a moderately straight and well-sized stick. I then began whittling it down to a point with my broken blade.

She noticeably began to sweat when she saw the sharp stick. I flash her a brief smile. I then waltz to the river and wash off any dirt and splinter from the stick.

Skewer made!

I also checked if the clothes were dry while I was at it.

"...Still wet."

I put the fish on a stick and gave it to Suen. She looks unsure, maybe because she's never had fish on a skewer before. So, I show her how to eat it by pretending to take a bite myself. After that, I offer it back to her. She practically inhales the thing, even seeming like she might try to eat the bones for a moment.

"hungry?"

She stared at me with a confused expression.

'Right...' 

I whispered to myself.

"...Sh..."

Suen says something... Her head was downcast, and her voice was timid. It made me wonder where her confident attitude went when I was fighting her...

"Hm?"

"Shui..."

"Shui?" I parroted her and slightly cocked my head.

In response, she craned her neck and began nodding toward the river.

"Water?"

Hmm... I don't have a cup... And I'm definitely not putting my extremities anywhere near her mouth.

"Oh."

I pick up a big leaf and fill it with water. I slowly brought it near her mouth.

"Drink."

She, without hesitation, chugs the whole thing.

"Pwah!"

"..."

I get up, lie against a tree perpendicular to her, and shut my eyes.

I'll have to catch more tomorrow for her. I ate a fish earlier, so I'm content... That is what I would say... I'm also hungry...

Even though I was half naked, the fire kept me warm.

"I at least need to catch a boar tomorrow..."

With that last thought, I close my eyes and succumb to the urge to sleep.

[Chapter 6 END]

0