Chapter 19
1.3k 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few minutes passed, Lucifer opened his eyes again and picked up his phone to send a message to Gwen, asking her to forgive him and not blame herself for what happened.

But when he checked his inbox, he found a message from her already waiting for him, stating that she needed some space to clear her head before they talked again.

Lucifer understood what she meant by that and still sent an apology message before putting his device back into his pocket and went to finish eating his meal alone in silence.

There were many things bothering him right now, but most of them involved his current situation with Gwen, which weighed heavily on his heart.

The idea of losing her forever was unbearable to Lucifer; yet he couldn't imagine her accepting his new views about sexual freedom.

This was frustrating for Lucifer as he loved Gwen so much; he just wished there was some way to convince her otherwise.

Although it would be unfair for Gwen, Lucifer couldn't just be loyal to her for the rest of his life without enjoying other women sexually. This was not possible anymore. Not after knowing how good it felt to be intimate with another woman. He had already crossed that line with his mother, and he was sure he would cross it with other women as well.

'Perhaps I was just suppressing my natural urges all these years, but now they've awoken, and there's no going back anymore. considering that there are many other girls willing to give in to me without any strings attached. That's the life I want now. Being able to indulge in my carnal desires without having to worry about anything else aside from the moment itself.' Lucifer thought with certainty.

Soon, Lucifer finished his food, paid his bill, and left the cafeteria to head towards the parking lot to retrieve his vehicle.

As he approached his car, he spotted a familiar figure leaning against its hood.

"Hey man, are you okay?" Shawn asked him with concern lacing his tone when he noticed his best friend's sullen expression.

"I'm fine. It's nothing," Lucifer said as he unlocked the driver's side door and climbed into the seat.

"Doesn't seem like it, dude," Shawn commented, sensing that something was indeed wrong.

"Don't worry about it, Shawn. Let's just go," Lucifer replied before starting the engine.

Shawn nodded and got into the passenger seat beside him.

During the ride back to Shawn's house, they got stuck in the heavy traffic congestion caused by rush hour, leaving them with little choice other than listening to music and talking about trivial things such as sports, movies, etc..

"Sigh... I can't believe we've been stuck here for more than half an hour now," Shawn grumbled impatiently.

"Sigh... I can't believe we've been stuck here for more than half an hour now," Shawn grumbled, letting out an irritated sigh as he stared out at the endless rows of cars lined up ahead of them on both sides.

"Yeah, well, these things happen sometimes. Just gotta keep your patience," Lucifer told him with a shrug as he gazed out through his window at the cloudless sky above.

"I gotta be honest with you... Actually at first Ashley and I had plan to hang out today, but she cancelled last minute, so I figured, I would just hang with you instead of being home alone and bored, " Shawn explained with a sigh.

Lucifer couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at this revelation as he turned to look at his friend sitting next to him in the passenger seat.

"Really? Now I am like a second option you pick to avoid being alone, huh?" Lucifer remarked with sarcasm in his voice.

Shawn grinned, "Well... What are friends for? To be there for each other whenever you need them, right?"

Lucifer snorted, "Yeah right... Whatever you say, dude."

"Hahaha... Come on now, man, you know I'm joking... Anyways, I'm really excited for tonight's league game, aren't you?" Shawn changed the topic swiftly, not wanting to risk angering his best friend.

"Yeah... I think it will be another tough match since it's against one of their rivals, so I hope they don't fuck up too bad this time," Lucifer agreed before glancing at his watch to check the time.

"True, I'm glad they didn't lose the first round because of that player transfer thing. Anyway, it seems like the traffic's beginning to move now." Shawn pointed out as the vehicles surrounding them started moving forward at last.

When Lucifer looked in front of his car, he could see an opening in the flow of vehicles in front of him and slammed on the gas pedal, shooting forwards.

It took them another fifteen minutes before arriving at Shawn's house where Lucifer parked his vehicle in the garage next to Shawn's motorbike.

Lucifer stepped out of the car and followed after Shawn as he led the way inside through the main door.

14