Chapter 5
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Delris crouched down and dragged his fingers across the wood, grabbing onto the object. Before he stood up while slipping his left hand into his pocket, he walked over towards Julia before pulling his hand out, holding onto the note. Julia watched Delris unravel the dirty note before she leaned next to his shoulder reading it. 

" R764S456 OiLi "

Julia's eyes scanned the note before she glanced at Delris who was staring at the note with a confused look. Julia peeked back at the note before Delris spoke.

"It's in a different language? "

" Are you sure this isn't written in code? Cause if it isn't, this note is basically ancient. English became the official language of the universe ages ago. "

" Well it might be code, the paper condition isn't too bad- 

Delris abruptly stopped his sentence, while swiftly stuffing the note in his pocket. He jerked his head back, staring through the doorway. He glared through this doorway before Sarah and David stood at the doorway with concerned looks on their faces, David locked eyes with Julia before asking a question.

" What the hell happened? We just heard a loud ass bang and sprinted over here. "

" Oh, this wooden beam fell. But we need to leave this hut, it's clearly not stable. "

Said Julia walking towards the door. Delris quickly followed behind Julia, They walked out of the hut, not uttering a single word about the note. As Delris walked past Sarah she suddenly leaned towards him and whispered into his ear. 

" Hey. Meet me in my dorm during lunch. "...

Two hours later back in the classroom. Rebecca could be seen leaning on the chalkboard speaking with the students, Rebecca's lips latched open before she spoke asking a question.

" Do you know how humans morphed the genes of other races? Guessing from your confused faces. I'm guessing no, humans created a weapon. This weapon was shaped similar to a warhead, they dropped this warhead onto an unexpected planet from outer space. However, this weapon didn't explode on impact instead, it infected the atmosphere of the planet. Making an invisible fog engulf the planet's surface. And over time the residents of said planet's genes were spliced morphing slowly into something more human-like. "

" But, unlike traditional humans. The splicing of genes created beings with abilities such as thick skin or flight. And this was done on purpose, the leaders of Earth were nervous. In their minds, if they made every single planet in the cosmos exactly like humans, eventually a single disease would evolve with the sole purpose of eradicating the human race. But in the long term, it didn't matter, because even the once great human race fell to extinction. "

Sarah listened to Rebecca's lesson before she spoke asking a question.

" If the humans had the power to splice genes? How did they go extinct? "

" Themselves, the main enemy to humans were themselves. Driven by arrogance and cockiness, humans believed themselves to be the pinnacle of all civilizations. And if your race is the peak, the only thing to fear is your own race. Or in simpler terms, they were wiped out by infighting. "

" But their theory of a virus evolving to wipe out a single race turned out to be correct. For instance, look at Delris's race. The Reqis race was one of the oldest races around and over time, the simple flu evolved with the sole purpose of eradicating them. But with how freezing planet Reqis was, it was only a matter of time before the race was destroyed. "

As soon as Rebecca said this, Delris let out an audible scoff while leaning back in his metal chair, he was obviously annoyed with Rebecca bringing up his race, seeing this, Rebecca quickly tried to change the topic. 

" But since we have a nice conversation going, let me ask you a simple question. Is there only one universe or are there multiple? "

The students shrugged their shoulders unsure of the answer. Noticing the students' confusion, Rebecca turned around and grabbed onto chalk, before she started to write on the green chalkboard. After several seconds of writing, she stepped back revealing a spiral with arrows surrounding it, pointing away.

" Even with the ability to warp space, we still haven't reached the edge of the universe. Skipping all of the confusing equations, the reason for this is the universe is expanding nearly endlessly, but the interesting thing is. We believe the universe is far larger than we can see because even light itself hasn't reached the full universe. Masking the universe, in a unseeable darkness. So, is there only one universe, or are there multiple? We still don't know the answer. "

" But enough explaining the universe to you, it's lunchtime. I will see you all in thirty minutes."...

As the others headed to lunch, inside Sarah's dorm, Sarah and Delris could be seen standing directly in front of each other, Sarah and Derlis locked eyes before Sarah spoke. 

" What nonsense did Julia spew to you? "

" Are you talking about her plan? "

" Yes, that stupid plan. It doesn't even make logical sense. Why would trillionaires and other important figures care about a bunch of teenagers going to a school? This isn't a puzzle, they're obviously nurturing us for something. "

Sarah said while veins popped out of her forehead, she was clearly irritated by even thinking about Julia's plan. To her, Julia's plan was idiotic and even repugnant. Sarah exhaled loudly trying to calm her nerves, Sarah was about to say something until the sound of distant shouting entered their ears. This shouting was coming from the glorious hallway that led to the dorms.

In this hallway three figures stood next to each other with their emotions running high, David's eyes burned with annoyance while he tightly balled his fists, Julia tried desperately to de-escalate the argument however, this would turn out to be pointless because, in a split second, the tan woman's right-hand flickered throwing a powerful punch.

The punch sliced through the air, causing wind to fly off the punch, as it quickly hurled towards David's nose. Suddenly, a thunderous boom rippled out, the force of this boom launched David's body into the air, David somersaulted mid-air, with an arrogant grin on his face. David was upside down in the air, glaring down at the woman before he spoke.

" We know how this went last time, Ava. So, please don't embarrass yourself. "...

Back inside the dorm corridor, Sarah and Delris stood next to each other hurriedly sprinting towards the fight, they rapidly stepped downstairs before Delris spoke.

" What's going on? "

" David and Ava are fighting again, and trust me you don't want to miss it. " 

" Who's Ava? "

" The tan one from the classroom. She's hard to miss but the reason this fight is going to be good is because of David's ability, it's quite enjoyable to watch. "...

0