31. ODION – Crimson Nightfall
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE - ODION

Crimson Nightfall

Odion sat in the back seat of Yuricema’s sedan, eyes wet, head resting against the window. Serenity sobbed without fatigue as her sister did everything she could to console her.

Life was fragile and packed with so many uncertainties. One minute, you were singing, dancing, taking pictures, and acting a fool among your friends, while the next, you were being covered up and placed inside the back of an ambulance. So many lives wasted. So many families destroyed.

It was damn near impossible to get Toki’s panicked face and the wheezing noise he made out of his thoughts. If only Odion had allowed Toki to walk home with him, but where would that have left Serenity? It could’ve been her placed inside the back of an ambulance instead. More tears swam down Odion's cheeks.

Odion sat up and dried his eyes when he noticed several Gundam Regional Police vehicles parked inside the driveway and along the sidewalk of his housing complex. Yellow tape barricaded the entire area in front of his home.

“When it rains, it pours,” Yuricema murmured as she cautiously parked along the sidewalk, a few feet behind one of the police vehicles.

Odion ripped his seat belt away and jumped out of the sedan. He immediately noticed a gaping hole coming from the dining area window, its shards scattered all over the grass and cement. Criminal investigators were on the scene taking pictures around the area, and a few police officers were dispersed around the complex, speaking to some of the neighbors who lived there.

“Odion,” someone called to his left, “I’m so sorry about this.” Koji’s hand rested atop his shoulder. “Your … foster-mother was found unconscious on the ground.”

Odion’s mouth dropped as he wanted to ask what she was doing on the ground in the first place, but the strength to speak was nonexistent. Everything seemed to happen so fast, one tragic event after the other.

“Paramedics came and carted her off about twenty minutes before you arrived," Koji said.

The blood inside Odion’s body started to freeze. He looked toward the blackness of the night and collapsed near the light pole across from his home.

“Odion,” Yuricema said, “what happened sweetie, what’s going on?” She knelt beside him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

“What happened?” Serenity asked, stooping down on the other side.

“This can’t be happening right now,” Odion said, cupping his hands around his moist face. “First Toki, now Marcella. It can’t go down like this.”

Koji sat before him. “Odion,” he paused for a few seconds before speaking again, “if there’s anything I can do to help, just let me know.”

“Excuse me,” Yuricema said, directing her attention to Koji. “What’s going on, and where’s Apollo? Why isn't he here?”

Apollo! Odion widened his eyes, a shiver flowing through him. He’s the one who did this!

“Ugh right,” Koji said, clearing his throat. “It was weird bec—”

Odion leaped to grab him. “Where is he?” he shouted, fighting the urge to break his neck. “You tell me where he is right now!” Odion shook Koji violently. Serenity and Yuricema tried pulling him back, pleading with him to stop.

“I-I-I swear Odion!”Koji shrieked, terror spewing out of his eyes. “When I came home, I saw him standing on the steps covered in blood.” Koji’s hands trembled around Odion’s arms. “He looked different. Like he was possessed or something. It was scary, but that’s all I know, Odion! I swear it! Please let me go!”

“Odion, let him go!” Serenity forced him to break his grip and pulled him back toward the light pole.

“Serenity, take him back to the car before we garner more unnecessary attention,” Yuricema said, helping Koji to his feet. “I am so sorry about that. Are you okay?” Koji nodded, brushing himself off as he stood, both of them walking off somewhere more private.

How could I have let this happen? How could I have let this happen! Odion rested his head against the car trunk, a tingling sensation flowing from his shoulders to his hands.

Serenity leaned in and hugged him from the side, rubbing her soft fingers across his head. “I’m so sorry,” she whispered, her breath hot against his ear.

“I know it was Apollo who did this!” Odion stood up, and Serenity jumped backward in fright. “That monster has taken everything from me!” Odion curled his hands into fists. “What he did to Toki, and what he did to Marcella is gonna be child’s play compared to what I’m gonna do to him!”

“But we don’t know if it was Apollo who did this,” Serenity said, her voice trembling.

“I do know.” Odion nodded. “Why do you think he isn’t here right now?” His eyes danced around her face as her lips curled. “He killed everyone and fled the scene. Apollo even managed to create a manifesto …” Odion paused, thinking back to the letter he found inside Apollo’s bedside dressing table. Where in the world did he put it?

“What is it?” Serenity asked.

“I found a list of names Apollo had written down and a letter detailing when and how he was gonna kill ’em. I was one of the names on that list.” Odion pointed to himself. But where the hell did he put them?

“Did you throw them away?”

Odion looked into her eyes as he recalled searching his room that morning. “Yes,” he said, nodding regretfully. “I tore ’em up and threw ’em inside the bathroom garbage.” Odion plopped himself against the side of the car and slid toward the ground. He closed his eyes to squeeze out the tears, and all he could see was the blood-covered monster who had returned from Toronno, hell-bent on vengeance. “That motherfucker took out all his frustration on Toki and the rest of the students at school all ’cause he couldn’t get to me.” He looked at Serenity.

“Excuse me, young man,” a strong, deep voice called from somewhere behind them. Odion stood and saw a black police officer beside Yuricema near the light pole, both of them looking like they’d just finished a heavy conversation. “Could you come over here for a minute,” he called him over with his finger. “I’d like to ask you a few questions.” Odion matched eyes with Serenity as she nodded her head, encouraging him to go. “I won’t take too much of your time,” the officer said, a pencil and notepad in hand.

 

If you liked this chapter, please rate it and leave a comment below! It'd mean a lot!

0