Chapter 56
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Also, the need to move and see the chunk of soul I cut out would also be needed. Fortunately, looking through some books about creating items to aid healers, I find such items.

I also finally got to cast my first spell, not counting the shielding ring that I stole from my first captive. It, of course, was a fireball, although casting the spell was through writing the it’s magic circle with mana-infused ink onto a special piece of paper that could transfer mana extremely well, and not with my actual hands.

Annoyingly, I found out that I had below-average mana reserves. The “average” person should be able to cast about 20 fireballs in one go; however, I only managed 11, This, of course, was likely some sort of error of the universe because there is no possible way I could ever naturally be born with any inferior qualities compared to a bunch of likely inbred nobles, or possibly it had to do something with me not being a native of this world. I don’t know, but there is no way I can accept being inferior to these whelps.

I researched if there was a way to increase my mana reserves, and fortunately, there was. It was through altering one's mana core and mana veins, which is currently way above me. So I have to live knowing that these pathetic whelps not only get to annoy the hell out of me every day but also get to use more mana than me for spellcasting. How wondrous.

*sigh Whatever, eventually I finished the blueprint; it took a while, around a month and a half, but it’s over, now it is time to make it in real life. I just need to figure out what to make it out of. I know the part that is responsible for holding the soul pieces in one place should be made out of iron because the design I took from one of the books had it written that way.

But the real problem is what the wires that transport the imprinted mana should be made out of. The blueprints I looked at said that they were made of special mana-infused and tempered metal specifically designed to conduct mana better. I do not think I can just purchase such things anywhere.

The academy doesn’t give students such materials without first asking why I would need such matirials, and that is not mentioning the fact that I am just a second year. The only way left to get such materials is through removing them from other items.

There is a store in the academy that sells magic trinkets, nothing dangerous or anything, just items that can be considered nice decorations at best. I never purchased anything from there because I don’t have much money to spare. Sure, Ustos has an allowance that his father gives him, but it’s only one gold coin a month, which I didn’t really want to waste on useless trinkets.

But now that metal is too important for my plans to be stingy with my money, so I leave my dorm and head to the shop. After some time of walking, I make it there. This is my first time visiting this place, and it actually has a pleasant look to it, which compared to the samey decorations of the main building and the library is a breath of fresh air, although still, this world will never succeed in making my disdain for it go away.

Walking in, I find items abound. Most look very useless, like a small bird-looking wooden sculpture with its wings out, looking as if it is in mid-air, that could levitate in place with an enchantment. So when it activated, it would look as if it was really flying. I don’t think that two golden coins are even worth ten of such useless items. I’m sure if I wanted I could create one with just a little work for a fraction of the prise.

But I have no time to do such a thing, I need to find something that works with imprinted mana. Those types of items mostly always use the types of wires I need. After a while of searching, I finally find something, and looking at it, I almost don’t want to buy it out of sheer disgust. I read over the description of the item once again, "Discover the secrets of your heart with the Enchanting Love Gauge. This mystical object unveils the sincerity of your affection with a simple touch. No more uncertainty in matters of love; let the Love Gauge illuminate the path to true connection. Unveil the magic within your relationships today. Simply place your and your significant other's hand on the opposite sides of the device; the Enchanted Love Gauge will do its thing, taking a small dose of both of your imprinted mana and determining if it is truly meant to be!”.

Alas, I can see the wiring that I need inside of the device, and it has a reasonable price of 5 gold, well compared to the other items around. I sigh, a resigned sigh, and pick the disgusting abomination of man up into my arms.

0