Whispers of legends
1.2k 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He dreamed, he dreamed of far worlds, he saw mountains of charred stone and glass, he saw endless valleys and chasms, he saw pathetic unhappy worms that looked unbearably miserable, the tiny meaningless microbes cried out, their hearts in pain and desperation, something about the creatures cries drew him in and suddenly he understood the creature's misery, it was alone, so dreadfully alone, crying out for someone to embrace it.

Touched, he knew pity and absently reached out to the pathetic lifeform, the pathetic creature cut off from true happiness was overjoyed when it came to know him, to feel his warm embrace, his presence shrouding the creature in his comfort.

Gibbering and making expressions of exultation, the creature fell to its knees, spouting more pointless dribble before running off, leaving him alone.

He did not move, full well knowing the creature would return.

Before long, many more of the same type of lesser creature appeared before him each becoming quiet and awed at the sight of him, seeing the first creature he had touched with his presence, he understood something.

They needed him, they needed power, and he could provide it...

Reaching out once more he tapped deep into the first creature, communicating his desires and will.

It was almost too much for the pitiful creature to comprehend but it managed to weather the test of endurance, understanding dawning in its otherwise dim expression, the creature turned and gabbled in a high pitched voice something that seemed to excite and relieve the surrounding creatures.

All turning towards him, every single worm fell to their knees and bowed towards his mighty form, calling out phrases that meant nothing to him but were surely praise.

They had accepted his offer and he would keep his promise... for now, at least.

The weak beings were the first of many to make this same deal, they praised him, they desired him, they worshipped him.

And he, in turn, offered his comforting presence, his wisdom, and his power, soon the graceless monkeys sworn to him were many.

The monkeys wishing to feel his grace and smile upon them offered him sacrifice, the sacrifices were adequate and pleased him, his dreams becoming very sweet and deep, the sacrifices being sent to his growing domain, his new place of rest, his sanctuary offered to him by grateful microbes.

Dreams deep and sweet, his wandering vast mind encased the entire world, gathering the yet joyless and uninspired monkeys under him, they too needed his joy, his influence.

But something went wrong, his presence? his love? It was rejected... Not all of the microbes embraced him, how!? How could these sad creatures reject his love? his compassion? 

His dream turning bitter, his wrath bearing its ugly head.

"THOSE WHO REFUSE MINE LOVE ARE UNWORTHY OF IT, TREMBLE AND FALL, WITHER AWAY UNDER MINE RAGE! YOU FAITHLESS MONKEYS!"

Minds shattered and splintered as an ancient power stirred, its displeasure spreading fear and awe in equal parts.

The lost one was awake and the whole world soon knew its anger.

22